Australian Motorbike Club Member Dies In Road Accident In Jomtien

Rimmer

Australian Motorbike Club member dies in road accident in Jomtien

PATTAYA:--An Australian member of a well-known Motorbike Club was killed in a bizarre road accident in Jomtien in the early hours of Sunday.

Police and Rescue Services were called to the Jomtien Second Road, formally the Tappraya Road, opposite the entrance to Pattaya Park to deal with the motorbike accident. Lying on the pavement next to his badly damaged motorbike was Mr. Dmitry Roitman aged 51 from Australia.

There were many witnesses to the accident including motorbike taxi drivers stationed nearby. Mr. Roitman was seen to exit the side road at a very high rate of speed and hit the central reservation of the main Jomtien Second Road. He came to rest at the opposite side of the road next to his motorbike.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/51824/australian-motorbike-club-member-dies-road-accident-jomtien/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-03-26

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I don't recognise the logo on the bike. Is not Hell's Angels, Coffin Cheaters, Nomads, Mongols, Finks, Chomanchero, Rebels or Bandidos....

Buddha's Angels.

Get tired of these guys killing themselves. Hope something learned for next life. Sad for those who loved him.

Gotta get these chaps off the bikes and keep them in the bars.

There are innocents out there.

R.I.P. Is it known as yet if the man was drunk? I reckon its fukn callous getting stuck into someone that may of just had an accident..but then again expected by the weakarsed keyboard warriors in here

• Like 1

R.I.P. Is it known as yet if the man was drunk? I reckon its fukn callous getting stuck into someone that may of just had an accident..but then again expected by the weakarsed keyboard warriors in here

Read the report of his demise, viz:

Mr. Roitman was seen to exit the side road at a very high rate of speed and hit the central reservation of the main Jomtien Second Road . . . . Taxi drivers stated they had seen Mr. Roitman drive erratically on numerous occasions.

I personally have zero sympathy for these so-called road warriors, but plenty for the innocents maimed and killed on the roads every day.

Mr. Roitman was seen to exit the side road at a very high rate of speed and hit the central reservation of the main Jomtien Second Road . . . . Taxi drivers stated they had seen Mr. Roitman drive erratically on numerous occasions.

I personally have zero sympathy for these so-called road warriors, but plenty for the innocents maimed and killed on the roads every day.

I agree....

Edited by Rimmer

I agree....

I wish I could disagree, but it really doesn't sound like he was being a sensible motorcyclist. I have been less than sensible on occasions throughout my life so am not without sin. If I f*&% up I don't expect condolences.

We'll see.

Investigations may prove otherwise and I will be the 1st to retract.

From the picture I saw he was wearing a Burapa t shirt which could have been bought from the bike weekend last month so whether he was a member of a bike group or not is uncertain.

At the end of the day though he was someones Father, Son or brother so RIP.

:(

From the picture I saw he was wearing a Burapa t shirt which could have been bought from the bike weekend last month so whether he was a member of a bike group or not is uncertain.

At the end of the day though he was someones Father, Son or brother so RIP.

sad.png

Yes and at the end of the day..'if' he was drunk...he could have killed someones father, sister, daughter, son or brother.

Edited by samsiam

the sticker on the bike is from burpa bike week I believe

hate to say this but drinking and driving has it's disadvantages - glad nobody else was involved

RIP

I am very careful about what I say - the OP implied he may have been drunk - I did not and we will never know, personally I never ride a bike or drive a car if I'm drinking, if I arrive at my local of 3 years on my bike - many people are surprised that I am riding a motorbike because they have never seen it before

• 3 weeks later...

I do not recant what I previously posted, regardless of what some "taxi drivers" say, this person may not have been drinking and has met his demise, are we the THINKING public and I use that term with some in-trepidation supposed to trust what some taxi guys say? I for one would not believe a thing that comes from their mouths. I think it's sad when ANYONE dies prematurely and to cast aspersions one way or another is as weak as piss but as I also stated early, easy for the fukheads in here. I did not know this bloke personally but I hope his family and loved ones are coping with their loss..

I do not recant what I previously posted, regardless of what some "taxi drivers" say, this person may not have been drinking and has met his demise, are we the THINKING public and I use that term with some in-trepidation supposed to trust what some taxi guys say? I for one would not believe a thing that comes from their mouths. I think it's sad when ANYONE dies prematurely and to cast aspersions one way or another is as weak as piss but as I also stated early, easy for the fukheads in here. I did not know this bloke personally but I hope his family and loved ones are coping with their loss..

The witnesses were not speculating as to whether this guy had been drinking, what they were reporting was that, at the time of his death, he appeared to be riding without due care and attention and that he'd been observing riding like this before. I'm not sure why the taxi-drivers would lie about that ?

I also don't understand why you would refer to people that disagree with you as fukheads ?

I'm also not sure what in-trepidation means ??? Do you often make-up new words ?

There's no doubt about it. Aussie bike club members like to drink just as most Aussie do. It must have been like paradise for him over here - able to get away with drunk driving - like it used to be in the 70's in Oz.

Drink driving was mentioned in the OP, people here have made "Geberal References" here that they do not approve of Drink Driving, the main reason for this is that it puts other people at risk not just the idiot drinking and driving - is that so difficult for you to understand, now was this guy drinking and driving ? well only the result of a blood test will prove that which we are unlikely to see, so speculation is all we have, in order to speculate you can include several known facts -

1. He had what appears to have been a fairly stupid accident by any standards

2. The time the accident occured

3. The accounts given by witnesses

4. Lack of input from people who knew him

I am not speculating either way but I hate drink drivers - they are a lethal weapon

PS supaPRICK - I speculate from your posting here you are a regular drink driver (my opinion)