What Rawai Is Mising

stevehaigh

in all the other places in Thailand 'ive lived, there's been a local basic Thai and farang food restaurant family hangout place where the farang owner comes and sits at your table and talks a lot while his wife does all the cooking and argues with husband a lot.

strangely, i haven't found anything like that in Rawai yet. any ideas?

on an entirely unrelated subject, the picture of the lawyer in the Siam Legal banner ad, is that a guy or a girl? Yes, i know this will get deleted by the mods in 5 mins or less.

Edited by stevehaigh

"Thai and farang food restaurant family hangout place where the farang owner comes and sits at your table and talks a lot while his wife does all the cooking and argues with husband a lot"

Please OP, let me know where this is, I love some good entertainment...

BTW, Do you have a picture of the Siam Legal person your referring to ?

in all the other places in Thailand 'ive lived, there's been a local basic Thai and farang food restaurant family hangout place where the farang owner comes and sits at your table and talks a lot while his wife does all the cooking and argues with husband a lot.

on an entirely unrelated subject, the picture of the lawyer in the Siam Legal banner ad, is that a guy or a girl? Yes, i know this will get deleted by the mods in 5 mins or less.

Move to Lom Sak or Nakon Sawan

Move to Lom Sak or Nakon Sawan

previously i lived in Ko Phangan and Cha-am, that's where the places i'm referring to are. interesting about Lom Sak, where exactly? my wife is from there and we visit all the time.

"Thai and farang food restaurant family hangout place where the farang owner comes and sits at your table and talks a lot while his wife does all the cooking and argues with husband a lot"

Please OP, let me know where this is, I love some good entertainment...

BTW, Do you have a picture of the Siam Legal person your referring to ?

post-6315-0-80669600-1332900735_thumb.gi

There is an opening for a restaurant/bar in Rawai and other areas

that serves Western and Thai food both of good quality but will it

happen, usually one is good and the other terrible, there are certainly

enough mixed couples in the rawai area to support one

Le Celtique is one that has excellent Thai and non Thai food. Anybody has any other suggestions?

Happy 7 Bar/Restaurant (opp Dilligaf bar) on the Rawai /Nai Harn Rd has Western ,Thai and Indian Food.

It's owned by the guy who used to be at Lost Paradise.The one that does the huge burgers.Very good they are too

Forgot to say he(Peter) will sit and drink and talk with you all day if you want

Le Celtique is one that has excellent Thai and non Thai food. Anybody has any other suggestions?

Where is the restaurant located, is it a tourist or a expat restaurant

@PC

From Chalong round-a-bout take the road to Rawai.

Turn right into Soi Sai Yuan (traffic-lights).

Keep with the road until you get to the Y-junction. Left takes you to Nai Harn and right takes you to the view-point and Kata.

Turn right. After you go past the bars and restaurants, the road takes a sharpish left turn.

Opposite this turn, there is a soi on the right-hand side.

Turn right into this soi and the Le Celtique restaurant is a few hundred metres up on the right.

@PC

Keep with the road until you get to the Y-junction. Left takes you to Nai Harn and right takes you to the view-point and Kata.

Turn right. After you go past the bars and restaurants, the road takes a sharpish left turn.

Turn right into this soi and the Le Celtique restaurant is a few hundred metres up on the right.

ive eaten there before, very good food but FAR from cheap

@PC

Never eaten there. I go further up to a Thai Muslim restaurant that does roti & curry for breakfast.

@PC

A bit more expensive for Thai food than some of the other restaurants, but nothing over the top.

For foreign food well priced, far cheaper than for example Norbu's steakhouse, good menu and food. Normally quite a few French people.

Peter, there are signs to Le Celtique on Sai Yuan Road. Next to Palm Condominium turn right (same side), follow the road, ath the intersection cros the road. They are on that road. Or, coming from Sai Yuan, past Icon turn right in the curve, 2nd road to the left.

@PC

Thanks

where are you located approx in rawai Peter and i will direct you by landmarks ..the aussie way ... save your money on the map book lol

Soi Namjai off Wiset Road just past the Shell museum heading north

ok so left out of nam jai , left into the soi alongside where all the bars are takes you to sai yuan ..... left again onto sai yuan , carry on straight and just after palm resort (the big multi storey with lake in front) on the right is samakea 4.... turn right keep going all the way its a twisty windy road you cross a main intersection of samakea 2 carry straight on you will see signs for Le Celtique its on the rhs about 500 metres ,,,,heaps of signs around ...enjoy

@PC

Correct except for the end. After the right turn in the shark curve take the second soi to the left, after a few hundred meters Le Celtique is on the right.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy 7 Bar/Restaurant (opp Dilligaf bar) on the Rawai /Nai Harn Rd has Western ,Thai and Indian Food.

It's owned by the guy who used to be at Lost Paradise.The one that does the huge burgers.Very good they are too

Well there are times when i am disgusted to be a falang.

My friends GF worked at this place.Yesterday she followed the Tsunami instructions to get to higher ground so she made everything safe and go.Today she goes into work to be told that she is not needed anymore because she leave work.Bottom line the guy's GF has returned so she is not needed anymore.

What a complete and utter ******

well she was not at risk at that location .... higher ground if you are located on the beach front .... many thais just took the opp for a bludge , imo the owner is within his rights .....she walked ...

@PC

Never eaten there. I go further up to a Thai Muslim restaurant that does roti & curry for breakfast.

do they have mutton curry?

thx