Transfer Of Ownership

Hi all,

I have recently bought a house from a reputable housing company in Thailand and I need to sign the Transfer of Ownership document in two weeks time. I am getting a mortgage from a bank here in Thailand to pay for the house.

My question is: should I sign the Transfer of Ownership document before the bank have signed the final documents to approve my loan? And, is this normal?

I fear the bank pulling out and then the Housing Company saying to me that the house no longer belongs to them.

Many thanks

Bes.

I have to say that I am a little confused by your post. I have never purchased a house where a mortgage is required -maybe that's why I am confused.

when u say' I have recently bought a house ' do you mean you have agreed to buy a house ?

My understanding of the transfer process is where the seller transfers the property to you -typically simultaneously the seller will receive the money.

I suspect that both signatures (buyer and seller are required)

The only transfer that counts is one where your name ends up on the title deed (the chanote).

Given that my understanding of the procedure is roughly accurate -then what exactly are you being asked to sign? Also have you made a non-refundable deposit?

My question is: should I sign the Transfer of Ownership document before the bank have signed the final documents to approve my loan? And, is this normal?

I fear the bank pulling out and then the Housing Company saying to me that the house no longer belongs to them.

Then you've just gotten a house for free.