Thailand Grand Prix Being Considered For 2014 Or 2015

Lite Beer

A strong man can push anything, so Dr,Mahatir Mohammed, than Prime Minister of Malaysia saw a Life F1 performance in Estoril in Portugal and thought that would be a good idea for the pride of Malaysia.

And without big delays and problems a superb Race circuit used for F1 and MotoGp Motorbike races was built.

I was many times at the Sepang Malaysian circuit and watched MotoGp, the crowds get every year bigger!

The circuit, from German Tilke group perfectly designed Is a huge Advertiser for Malaysia in the world.

The strong man, who can pull everything off, if he likes, will be back soon!coffee1.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quite frankly I see no reason to have a Grand prix in Thailand.

CTH cable networks and Khon Kaen Cable TV (KTV) have absolutely no interest in F1.

Last season on several occasions immediately before the start of the race the menu for the cable receiver appeared on screen and the channel and thus content was changed. It was put back to the original channel immediately after the post race interviews.u imagine the beatings on offer if Vettel and Hamilton came together. LOL

That may be a copyright issue and they HAD to pull the plug.

Try it with -True Move- I am satisfied in the moment, have F1, MotoGp, Superbike Races, Training and race of Isle of Man TT, 24 hours Les Mans, UFC fighting-on FOX and BBC-Knowledge channel with -TOP GEAR- series what I enjoy a lot!

Not for free so, but worth the money!cowboy.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

When the Pattaya Racing Circuit was built over 20 years ago, it was planned to hold international races there.

That never happened as the Customs Dept could not agree to a system to import and export

the cars from overseas.

Unless that basic hurdle has been overcome it is all a pipe dream. bah.gif

huh.png AFOS visited the circuit up to 2008 with cars from Malaysia, Singapore, Macau, Hong Kong, i think Toyota/Honda pissed them off by not officially particpating in their Max 1500 class so they didn't come back.

Edited by kartman

A strong man can push anything, so Dr,Mahatir Mohammed, than Prime Minister of Malaysia saw a Life F1 performance in Estoril in Portugal and thought that would be a good idea for the pride of Malaysia.

And without big delays and problems a superb Race circuit used for F1 and MotoGp Motorbike races was built.

I was many times at the Sepang Malaysian circuit and watched MotoGp, the crowds get every year bigger!

The circuit, from German Tilke group perfectly designed Is a huge Advertiser for Malaysia in the world.

The strong man, who can pull everything off, if he likes, will be back soon!coffee1.gif

A perfectly designed Tilke circuit? A half decent one would be a start.

• Like 2

@ astral. Thank you but I don't believe that it was a copyright problem, since previous races and the subsequent race WERE shown.

It was not loss of satellite signal, since none of the usual "No Signal" prompts were shown.

The video carrier/sync signal was present since I had no rolling bars or "blue screen".

The audio carrier was present but muted since I had no 50Hz hum.

No, not copright problems, but I believe a little boy with a dislike of motor racing was on duty as technician on that day. Maybe he is the same xenophobic moron who brings up the receiver menu during a programme to change the subtitles from English to Thai, to match the Thai language abysmally dubbed on a movie.

@ Alfredo, Tanaka, Thenk you both. I been contemplating True Visions for a while. It is more expensive than KTV, but I would think the difference in cost is more than covered by the savings in frustration.

Happy for them to take the Australian one if they want it.

Melbourne has largely been put on the map as a result of the GP, who ever had heard of Melbourne before the GP? And when it loses it it will return to obscurity, where it belongs.

Can you imagine,Thai immigration stepping in minutes before the start of the race to ask the work permits of the drivers.Ooops driving a motor vehicle is one of those protected occupations for which a work permit is not available.

Or the pit crew that have to exist out of 4 Thais for every foreigner,who then can't find the wheels for the pit stop since the the Thai technicians have them mounted on their Dmax already.

• Like 1

A Formula1 race is a very expensive event and mind you, Bernie Ecclestone will get all the profits. So which Thai politician could possibly back such a project when there is nothing in it for him?

Still plenty of skimming opportunities even on the lesser infrastructure for a street circuit.

Can't see it happening in BKK though as the logistics of shutting the center down for a week would be horrendous and who really thinks an F1 car would be happy on existing roads.

Building a dedicated track in 2 to 3 years is pretty unrealistic imho.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Yep it will be a lot longer then a week when all is said and done due to prior prep required as well which will take years given the neglected state of infrastructure. It would be better to build a dedicated track and it certainly could be done in about a year so there is time..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Gosh I know this will get comments but what a waste of fuel both for the cars and for all the airplane flights with passengers. If you worry about global warming we need to stop lots of this kind of thing which just adds to the problem.

Gosh I know this will get comments but what a waste of fuel both for the cars and for all the airplane flights with passengers. If you worry about global warming we need to stop lots of this kind of thing which just adds to the problem.

What about all those pesky tourist who keep traveling to Thailand for holiday? F1 charters a total of 3 747's that flies the whole circus around the planet for non-European races. Seems like you are protesting about the wrong group. Perhaps the tourists should curtail their trips for the good for the planet as they use 1000 times to resources. crazy.gif

Temporary importation of the cars, work permits for drivers & pit crew queuing at immigration for hrs inward and outward, paper work and logistics would make it almost impossible to have a GP in Thailand, and also to many deep pockets in Thailand to fill before something like a GP could be held.

A Formula1 race is a very expensive event and mind you, Bernie Ecclestone will get all the profits. So which Thai politician could possibly back such a project when there is nothing in it for him?

Still plenty of skimming opportunities even on the lesser infrastructure for a street circuit.

Can't see it happening in BKK though as the logistics of shutting the center down for a week would be horrendous and who really thinks an F1 car would be happy on existing roads.

Yep it will be a lot longer then a week when all is said and done due to prior prep required as well which will take years given the neglected state of infrastructure. It would be better to build a dedicated track and it certainly could be done in about a year so there is time..

Maybe it could be done in a year but I'd have serious doubts at that tight a timescale.

The Buddh circuit in India was 4 years from ground breaking to staging it's first GP and there was alot unfinished even then.

The Immigration/Work Permit/Importation angle in posts is a red herring the F1 circus is a well oiled and knowlegable machine every thing would be worked out to F1's liking/favour well before anybody/ thing hit Thai soil the entry and exit would be smooth and harmless,apart from all the bitten lips of the customs/immigration as they have to stand back with the planets press scrutinising them and not pull any punches carrying out their dutys as they should doshock1.gif

Maybe it could be done in a year but I'd have serious doubts at that tight a timescale.

The Buddh circuit in India was 4 years from ground breaking to staging it's first GP and there was alot unfinished even then.

Yeah but they didn't really have a race at the beginning of track construction, they didn't have a real deadline so paced themselves knowing this.. It would be tight but could be done with the right resources and (pardon the pun) some fast tracking..

This will never happen. What driver is going to want to come here and drive a race in 95 degree humid weather? Especially when there are already 2 other races here in SE Asia. This is one of those projects that all Thai agencies involved are bound to f__k up so don't hold your breath. That said I would love to see it happen!

You answered your own question!

jam me if this is unrelated but it was fun last night coming back from a party at friends. At the corner between Ram IV and Asoke, at 3am, you had hundreds of mopeds lined up to race against one another. Massive traffic jam but lots of potential drivers there. Lots of cool bikes and big hearts but still far away from F1 standards.......