Long Period Water Fasting.

barefoot1988

I know possitive thinking, so far i have never made it to that point. But i must say things are looking up. Good diet, good exercise and plenty of time. So I will see.

I've never made it to the ripped stage myself. I've always been obsessed with getting bigger thinking leaning down was something I would do at some point in the future - which never came until now.

I'm getting the right mind set though - for the first time I'm excited to see my weight dropping when I stand on the scales. Previously that would upset me. I can see the guys down at the gym doing what I used to do and it makes me feel good about changing direction.

The different in being just a beats of a man that is strong and a beast of a man thats ripped is so black and white once you know whats needed. Alot of people dont want to invest the amount of time thats required to be large and a now body fast%. Im on my way towards 10-11% range and my god is it slow, lb a week but just the changes are so small.

by far the biggest motivation i can recommend to anyone really going for that stage is to photograph themselves. These dont need to be Arnold posses but just some basic shots, I can look a month a go and i had maybe 2lbs on my love handles, now their gone. If i didnt have photos i wouldn't really notice that cause its such a slow process.

Before i did photos i would seriously cut hard for 3 months not be super happy then lax off a bit, now i can look (photo every friday morning after weigh in) and say ah sweet sweet progress, it is worth the pain!

on my way towards 10-11% range and my god is it slow, lb a week but just the changes are so small.

How do you determine that 10 - 11% range? A 10% bodyfat pinch result on a 20 year old will equate, on average, to 15% bodyfat on a 50 year old. (Note: I use an average calculated from 9 different places).

I proved this theory myself 2 years ago, at age 50, measured 11% using pinch callipers. My true bodyfat was 16.9% by hydrostatic weighing, 15.9% by DEXA scan. Roughly 5% more than the calliper test. The difference is inside the torso - visceral fat accumulation as we age.

Edited by tropo

on my way towards 10-11% range and my god is it slow, lb a week but just the changes are so small.

How do you determine that 10 - 11% range? A 10% bodyfat pinch result on a 20 year old will equate, on average, to 15% bodyfat on a 50 year old. (Note: I use an average calculated from 9 different places).

I proved this theory myself 2 years ago, at age 50, measured 11% using pinch callipers. My true bodyfat was 16.9% by hydrostatic weighing, 15.9% by DEXA scan. Roughly 5% more than the calliper test.

Does the percentage really matter ? I mean its all about how it looks if the fat is on your organs it wont influence your lools. And Tropo i wanted your views on changing my training shedule.

The different in being just a beats of a man that is strong and a beast of a man thats ripped is so black and white once you know whats needed. Alot of people dont want to invest the amount of time thats required to be large and a now body fast%. Im on my way towards 10-11% range and my god is it slow, lb a week but just the changes are so small.

by far the biggest motivation i can recommend to anyone really going for that stage is to photograph themselves. These dont need to be Arnold posses but just some basic shots, I can look a month a go and i had maybe 2lbs on my love handles, now their gone. If i didnt have photos i wouldn't really notice that cause its such a slow process.

Before i did photos i would seriously cut hard for 3 months not be super happy then lax off a bit, now i can look (photo every friday morning after weigh in) and say ah sweet sweet progress, it is worth the pain!

I have begon taking pictures and yes things go real slow. I hate it but i still need to loose a lot. I am going for 2 kg a month and an other 4 months to go. At least its a reasonable goal that can be done. I would love to make it in 3 months but an extra month wont kill me.

Does the percentage really matter ? I mean its all about how it looks if the fat is on your organs it wont influence your lools. And Tropo i wanted your views on changing my training shedule.

It means a lot for me because the visceral fat has added many inches to my mid-section and it protrudes too far. If I relax, it sticks out even if I can suck it in and display abs. This is only something I became aware of in my mid-40's. Obviously it was creeping up on me - but that is when I woke up one day and thought - "f***k - where did this come from".

A tape measurement around the mid-section is one of the first things I want to know when people give their body weights. It tells a lot.

There's also a lot of evidence that visceral fat is very bad for you.

I have begon taking pictures and yes things go real slow. I hate it but i still need to loose a lot. I am going for 2 kg a month and an other 4 months to go. At least its a reasonable goal that can be done. I would love to make it in 3 months but an extra month wont kill me.

I don't consider your fat loss slow. You're keeping and/or gaining muscle while losing 2kg of fat per month. That's phenomenal. That's 24 kg of pure fat loss a year which is too much.

I've stripped 3kg in 3 months and I'm happy with that. Same as you - I've gained muscle in that time too but how much I cannot say - but I see it.

I would diversify your program for awhile adding a lot of different movements. It sounds like you're getting stale on your current program - both mentally and physically. I think you're taking on a lot to be restricting calories to the extent that you seem to be while trying to gain strength at the same time. Not much fun and you're introducing mental stress along with the physical stress. I don't think you need the extra stress while you're focusing so much on fat loss.

For example, on my current program, which includes about 50 different movements over the course of a week, I'm not hung up on how much I'm lifting. There's intensity but there no real focus on how much I'm lifting. It's a very flexible program and I enjoy it. I move along at a rapid pace too, so it becomes an additional calorie burner along with my daily cardio.

My fat loss is very slow because I haven't restricted my calories by much if anything at all. I've improved the quality of my food and taken out excess fat that I don't need - and eat no junk - but I don't count calories yet.

Edited by tropo

It means a lot for me because the visceral fat has added many inches to my mid-section and it protrudes too far. If I relax, it sticks out even if I can suck it in and display abs. This is only something I became aware of in my mid-40's. Obviously it was creeping up on me - but that is when I woke up one day and thought - "f***k - where did this come from".

A tape measurement around the mid-section is one of the first things I want to know when people give their body weights. It tells a lot.

There's also a lot of evidence that visceral fat is very bad for you.

Then your right, because then its visible. I also believe its bad for you. The reason i was talking percentages because for me i don't care much what is measured as long as progress is made. Meaning less is measured the next time. For me measuring is knowing what kind of progress is made the actual numbers could be faulty.

I don't consider your fat loss slow. You're keeping and/or gaining muscle while losing 2kg of fat per month. That's phenomenal. That's 24 kg of pure fat loss a year which is too much.

I've stripped 3kg in 3 months and I'm happy with that. Same as you - I've gained muscle in that time too but how much I cannot say - but I see it.

I would diversify your program for awhile adding a lot of different movements. It sounds like you're getting stale on your current program - both mentally and physically. I think you're taking on a lot to be restricting calories to the extent that you seem to be while trying to gain strength at the same time. Not much fun and you're introducing mental stress along with the physical stress. I don't think you need the extra stress while you're focusing so much on fat loss.

For example, on my current program, which includes about 50 different movements over the course of a week, I'm not hung up on how much I'm lifting. There's intensity but there no real focus on how much I'm lifting. It's a very flexible program and I enjoy it. I move along at a rapid pace too, so it becomes an additional calorie burner along with my daily cardio.

My fat loss is very slow because I haven't restricted my calories by much if anything at all. I've improved the quality of my food and taken out excess fat that I don't need - and eat no junk - but I don't count calories yet.

Yes i think mentally and physically im at the end of this program. I came to that conclusion too and introducing a split might get me interested in training again. I am now going through the motions but dreading training. I think i should focuss on keeping muscle because i doubt i can gain that much while restricting calories.

The reason i said its slow is because of what you see here. People talking about 10 kg loss in a month or 35kg in 6 months. Also the first month i lost at least 4kg. I think it does depend on your starting point. The more you got to loose the faster it goes. Also at first you loose a lot of water weight.

Still it seemed a little only 2 kg but, i dont got that much to loose and im trying to get into ranges of body fat not many people venture.

Just needed a reality check. Think ill start my split today and have some fun training again. I had fun training the 5 x 5 but at some point it became so heavy and taxing on me i dreaded training.

Anyone losing 10kg a month is doing so in a unhealthy way and o not eating in a way geared towards bodybuilding. Unless your in the 300+ range its not ok to be dropping huge weight so quickly (and even then its only slightly elevated). Theres actually toxins in fat that as you lose weight are released will be cleaned out naturally and that fine, but when you lose to much 10-20lbs a month you WILL end up sick.

Theres a show called the biggest loser and you can google about the contestants but almost all of them ended up severely ill and one in particular came extremely close to death and has since never been the same. Our bodies are not made for speed when it comes to changes such as fat/muscle. If i remember correctly the person in question ended up loseing a kidney and is now on medication for a whole host of illnesses that popped up due to his rapid weight loss.

Just needed a reality check. Think ill start my split today and have some fun training again. I had fun training the 5 x 5 but at some point it became so heavy and taxing on me i dreaded training.

I understand that the 5x5 program can be physically taxing, but I think the mental fatigue is the worst part as it is performance oriented. You always have the pressure of increasing your percentages. Doing that on restricted calories must double the mental fatigue. Personally I wouldn't embark on a strength based program when I was focusing on weight loss and doing a lot of cardio.

With my program I do try to increase my weight on some movements and do see upward progress, but it's fun and if I don't make the weight I'm going for (usually a 5 rep weight) I don't stress about it at.

My number one goal is not to lose muscle. That's even more important than losing fat.