What Are You Reading?

thaibebop

Like the title suggests that is what I am asking. In an attempt to find the reader in this forum I will start by saying that I myself read ALL THE TIME. I don't stop and read more than one book at a time as well. I read non-fiction, fiction, I don't care. Normal I stay with in the genre of sci-fi/fantasy and I always read something about history, science or philosophy. School however is taking care of the non-fiction for me. Over X-mas break I am tackling Malthus, Beccaria, Locke, Emerson, Dostoevsky just to name a few, not to mention some really great books on the histroies or Japan, China, and India. I will not post all of that stuff I am just posting the stuff that was not assigned.

1.The Camulod Chronicles Book III

The Eagles Brood

by Jack Whyte

2. The Song of Fire and Ice Book IV

A Feast For Crows

by George R.R. Martin

3. Star Wars:Revenage of the Sith

by Matthew Stover (much better than the movie :o )

Okay, I showed ya mine, now you show me yours. :D What are you reading?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.... generally it's world news and trillions of websites cos of my job- but when I have the inclination, the current pages are open beside my bed:

Art & Architecture of Cambodia- Helen Ibbitson Jessup ( what a mouthful) :D

The Malay Dilemma - Mahathir Bin Mohamad :D

The Last Rainbow - Parke Godwin :o

Did I pass? :D

Sorry Glauka, I was making fun. :D

In English it is called "Catcher in the Rye"

Not ray.

And we call the kid Don Holden round these parts....

You are mean Kayo...

English is not my first language so I don´t get those jokes...

I know I have many spelling mistakes...

Still learning this difficult language... :o

Mercks - medical stuff :o

Krabi travel book - plan to go there on Jan06

Bridget Jone's diary- Helen Fielding (round 6 always fun)

Toujours Provence-Peter Mayle

chicken soup for the traveler's soul-Jack Canfield

Undutchables -Colin White and Laurie Boucke

Foundation was always something I wanted to read but never got around to it. How do you like them?

This is the fourth in the series, it was written by the man about thirty years after he fiinished the third book.

I came across an old dusty version of it in a local pub bookshelf.

The first time, I had to really pay attention, because I've read nothing of this series before.

The second reading, I had fun, because I could enjoy more, having got the general gist of it.

This third time round, I'm gleefully devouring the novel.

It's self standing from the others, giving bits of relevant background wherever necessary.

Oops... Did I just admit to saying I'm on my third read of the same book... In only three and a half months... ....

By god am I hoping the first three parts will turn up in the near future...

Other books I really enjoy but can't get hold of easily here are the Terry Pratchet Series. :o:D

Foundation was always something I wanted to read but never got around to it. How do you like them?

This is the fourth in the series, it was written by the man about thirty years after he fiinished the third book.

I came across an old dusty version of it in a local pub bookshelf.

The first time, I had to really pay attention, because I've read nothing of this series before.

The second reading, I had fun, because I could enjoy more, having got the general gist of it.

This third time round, I'm gleefully devouring the novel.

It's self standing from the others, giving bits of relevant background wherever necessary.

Oops... Did I just admit to saying I'm on my third read of the same book... In only three and a half months... ....

By god am I hoping the first three parts will turn up in the near future...

Other books I really enjoy but can't get hold of easily here are the Terry Pratchet Series. :o:D

Terry Pratchet, I should know who that is, but I can't remember. What does Pratchet write?

Terry Pratchet, I should know who that is, but I can't remember. What does Pratchet write?

Terry Pratchett writes fantasy novels. Most of his books have been part of the Discworld series. I've read most of them and they are a lot of fun and witty. I would recommend them to anyone.

I am currently in the middle of David Attenborough's autobiography titled Life on Air, which is a fantastic read.

Couple of years ago.

The Life and Crimes of Charles Sobraj - R.Neville.

About a year ago.

The Summer of Katya - Trevanian

A few months ago.

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - Pursig(?)

(downloaded it but couldn't finish it. Too deep and not the same as reading a book.)

:o

The Urak Lawoi and the Complexity of Sustainable Resource Use: The Political Ecology of Changes in the Adang Archipelago, Andaman Sea, Thailand...

This is actually a dissertation by a Thai professor of Geology that I know.

Being an evironmentalist, it's very enlightening as well as being disturbing.

I go through periods of reading and other times of not. Jut been through one of those periods and in that i read:

Falling Down - Nick Hornby

Touching the Void - Joe Simpson

The Wasp Factory - Iain Banks

Ecstasy - Irvine Welsh

Down and out in Paris and London - George Orwell

Finding George Orwell in a Burmese Tea Shop - Emma Larkin

I tough call to say which was the most enjoyable read, but its between Touching the Void and Down and out in Paris and London.

Really getting into George Orwell at the moment and i have just started reading Keep the Aspidistra flying and i have Homage to Catalonia to read after that. A brilliant writing style...

I'm back playing poker seriously again so ....

Theory of Poker

by David Sklansky

(...for about the umpteenth time...)

It is the poker player's version of the bible, koran, talmud, etc. Just wore out the bindings on my second copy.

Also ...

Fighting Fuzzy Thinking in Poker, Gaming and Life

by David Sklansky

Another great read by The Professor!