Topic Tracking

Morden

I have clicked a number of topics so that I will get email alerts when a new post is added. However, of late these email alerts have been erratic and I now have a feeling that they have stopped altogether.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem?

Is this ever going to get fixed?

I've had no e-mail notices for two days now. Makes it a bit hard to follow topics you're interested in.

I note that some web hosts have disabled obviously named mail scripts and have asked users to rename them to something not obviously related to e-mail.

Has the TV forum mailer been disabled by the host?

• 4 weeks later...

George,

I think that you're answering the wrong question! This problem has nothing to do with internet speed. A while ago topic new post reminders stopped reaching me. Now my Forum web pages do not even have an Options box from which to tag threads. It seems that at least some members now have a satisfactory service but, clearly, I do not.

When will this problem be given proper attention, please? It's been going on since December last.

George,

I think that you're answering the wrong question! This problem has nothing to do with internet speed. A while ago topic new post reminders stopped reaching me. Now my Forum web pages do not even have an Options box from which to tag threads. It seems that at least some members now have a satisfactory service but, clearly, I do not.

When will this problem be given proper attention, please? It's been going on since December last.

Hi Morden.

Connecting to TV has been very slow lately but is back to normal today but all along, email notifications have worked normally.

You may have software conflicting with Invision.

I solved one problem by adjusting Zonealarm.

If the options box in not visible, it would appear that the problem is at your end.

I can't view animated avatars, so the problem is at my end as most other members can see them.

ooooodon.

George,

Hi Morden.

Connecting to TV has been very slow lately but is back to normal today but all along, email notifications have worked normally.

You may have software conflicting with Invision.

I solved one problem by adjusting Zonealarm.

If the options box in not visible, it would appear that the problem is at your end.

I can't view animated avatars, so the problem is at my end as most other members can see them.

ooooodon.

Well, perhaps it is me after all but I don't see how the absence of the Options box and its associated menu can be a problem at my end. I'm not an IT expert but it does seem reasonable to assume that if the rest of the site reaches my pc then so should this bit.

So, do we have two problems? I do not receive alerts to new posts on threads that I tagged previously and, secondly, the Options box has disappeared (or was it moved elsewhere while I wasn't looking?) so I can't add new tags. Oh, and where is the Zonelaram, please? Don't tell me that that's disappeared too! :o

Why not get a 12 year old to check out your PC, that's what I do. :D

Have you called that 11 year old about moving avatars yet.... :o:D

redrus

Nope, and your avatar is still a blank box with a tiny red X in it. :D

PS my MS engineer is 12..... do you mind!

• 10 months later...

Add me too, getting nothing at all now.

redrus

why do you resemble yorkie?

That a dig at Yorkie or me..........?

I'm still getting alerts so it seems the server is sending them out. Did you go to your "My controls" and verify that the subscriptions are still active?

All active, millions of em.... :o

redrus