Amazing Transaction In Chinatown Herb Store ?

morrobay

Yet another TV poster that claims they have a Chinese shop keeper. When will they accept that she's really Esarn. rolleyes.gif

If it is the owner it is most probably Chinese, specially doctors or pharmacies are mostly in Chinese hands.

roughly as more education is necessary as more Chinese and less Isaan.

(of course there are always exceptions, just 100 meter from me is a pharmacy owned by upcountry Thai (can't tell if Isaan or North).

Well, the OP is talking about Chinatown (Yaowarat ).. My guess is most of the shop owners there are Thai-Chinese.

Woooooosh!

• Like 1

Yet another TV poster that claims they have a Chinese shop keeper. When will they accept that she's really Esarn. rolleyes.gif

If it is the owner it is most probably Chinese, specially doctors or pharmacies are mostly in Chinese hands.

roughly as more education is necessary as more Chinese and less Isaan.

(of course there are always exceptions, just 100 meter from me is a pharmacy owned by upcountry Thai (can't tell if Isaan or North).

Well, the OP is talking about Chinatown (Yaowarat ).. My guess is most of the shop owners there are Thai-Chinese.

Not even Thai-Chinese, most of them were born in China.

Wooooooooooooooosh!!!!

The emoticon is the cluerolleyes.gif

Edited by chickenslegs
  • Like 1

Then it was only because I was taking the time to check the ginzing that she walked over and gave me the 900.

Maybe she realised that you would get the same results from cucumber @ 20 Baht per kilo. And felt sorry for you. rolleyes.gif

I'm not going to ask for an explanation.

Then it was only because I was taking the time to check the ginzing that she walked over and gave me the 900.

Maybe she realised that you would get the same results from cucumber @ 20 Baht per kilo. And felt sorry for you. rolleyes.gif

I'm not going to ask for an explanation.

Depends on the size of said cucumber......1 cucumber for 20b....or 1 kilo for 20b....

So you pride yourself on your honesty then ??

You have missunderstood what happened here .This was not a mistake by this savy Chinese women - they dont make mistakes.

This was not change she gave me. During the initial transaction she showed me on a calculator : 1100 , for baht of course.

So I just gave her 1000 and she accepted , a little reluctenly ( i cant spell ) The transaction was complete.

I did not ask questions because it was obvious it was not an error.

Thais yes, but Chinese never make mistakes with money

100% sure that YOU have missunderstood what happened here !!!

Morrobay, I used to import ginseng in the UK. I'm interested to know what quality yours is. Did the lady give you an age of it? It's usually offered as 3 or 7 years old. What colour is it? Off-white or red? The red is greatly superior. How bendable is it? The less bendable, the better! Looking forward to hearing from you on this. If it ticks the boxes, I'll head over there myself.