Royal Marine Was Scammed By Pattaya Businessmen While Serving In Iraq

Boater

Wonder if Dick will be getting a visit from Toby and a couple of his mates?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Don't think he will need any mates to sort stuff out. jap.gif

They look pretty tough don't they, in their unforms, with their guns. LOL. Dont you remember the jet ski guys in Phuket and the Royal Marines? Surely everyone has seen the BBC documentary and the Youtube vidoes? These Royal Marines shat themselves, they couldn't handle a couple of Thai thugs. They backed down, even the more senior sergent they called shat himself and backed down. They got stared down, they backled down, I bet they wouldn't even have had the balls to defend their girlfriends or wives against a couple of Thai jet ski thugs. Pathetic, pathetic spectacle of grown men, soldiers, no harder and tougher than women.

They were not going to start scrapping on the beach as they probably knew what the outcome would be. The older NCO did his best and avoided any unpleasant incidents. That 'rifle' the Thai man had was just an airgun but of a make that the marines were probably unfamiliar with. Foreign servicemen cannot take weapons into the town, Thai rogues can.

Sorry, but they were no longer on the beach, they weren't outnumbered, they were being threatened and essentially mugged. No matter what the rules are in terms of the RM's getting into fights, I am sure self defence is permitted and all these guys needed to do was say "we aren't paying" and walk away. But they didn't.

And the excuse of it being braver to turn the other cheek or always walk away doesn't wash. They were just scared, plain and simple. They shat themselves, they were stared down and talked down and they were too scared to stand up for themselves. Its sad because these are supposedly the best soldiers in the world and its pathetic that they didn't even stand up to a few Thai thugs and whats more, they showed themselves up on camera for the world to see.

I am sick of seeing these Thai thugs getting away with so much, I had hoped that atleast the so called best trained and hardest soldiers in the world would have the balls to stand up to them. But no, they showed they don't really have balls, just shit. And you know what, the morons that reacted to my earlier posts with all their tough guy soldier talk would almost certainly shit themselves too. They would claim they were just being braver by walking away and paying 30000 baht or whatever but in reality they would just shit themselves.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a pal who spends a bit if time on the beach most days and has done so for years and in this time has seen quite a few of these incidents. A couple of times he has seen the stunt pulled on Russians but then the lanuage barrier kicked in. The Russians just grunt, shrug their shoulders and walk away back to their hotel.

The jet ski boys have then gave up possibly knowing better than to cause a scene in a hotel which would be an embarrassment to the hotel's Thai owners who would quickly tell the plod to instruct their jet ski chums to use a bit of savvy and and select more suitable folk as their victims in future.

Royal Marines are just young men in a foreign land who are subject to military discipline and told to avoid any possible confrontations with local people at all costs. In recent decades this discipline has prevented them from being involved in incidents like the My Lai massacre in Vietnam or the recent murders of unarmed civilians including several children in Afghanistan. The Bloody Sunday murders in Ulster had repercussions that went on for 35 years

I am sick of seeing these Thai thugs getting away with so much, I had hoped that atleast the so called best trained and hardest soldiers in the world would have the balls to stand up to them. But no, they showed they don't really have balls, just shit. And you know what, the morons that reacted to my earlier posts with all their tough guy soldier talk would almost certainly shit themselves too. They would claim they were just being braver by walking away and paying 30000 baht or whatever but in reality they would just shit themselves.

You are on the internet so you don't need to face the matter on the beach but, why not tell us exactly how you would have handled the encounter.

I think we would all be interested to know how your considerable skills might have defused the situation...peacefully or otherwise.

Scam artists live on their wits,as earlier poster pointed out they hope for minimal fall out. The guy pictured coming out of the cornfield scammed by his wife and latterly Colov has nothing left in this life. I am a firm believer of money isn't everything but if you have none it is.

To be scammed out of everything you have achieved in life and having no thoughts of revenge I consider illogical The likes of the slimeball Colov would not be threatened ,but given a promise and any and all consequences of any actions would not be considered and any counter threats also would be ignored,for a guy of the likes working the cornfield, his age and the short span he has left revenge would be the sweetest thing

Maybe another Aldhouse,get the hell out of LOS after the deed. That is how I would play it,but then I would see the likes of Colov coming a million miles away. His empire quickly crumbles away,has to step up the pace of his scams,what is it,$25000 per segmont of his publishing empire? yeah pigs are flying mighty high these days

I have to ask; was he sending the money without meeting these people and without seeing the place etc.?

It is easy enough to get scammed even when you LIVE here let alone sending money to people without a lawyer etc.

I would NEVER do anything without a good lawyer here and ONLY through him/her.

And I'm not flaming but will also ad that if this is the case then he wasn't being very smart about this "transaction."

Unless he is here and has signed paper work, documents, lawyers involvment etc. I would say he is SOL.

Even a visit from him to the "scammer" might end up in the innocent being guilty if he is charged with assult etc. Sad situations but one really needs to be carefull here and actually more careful then most countries and should spend a great deal of time here before buying anything even fully legite.

You say it was in a "housing development" and we all know a farang cannot buy a house here in his name unless it is through a company and if he wasn't using a lawyer then chances are he doesn't have a company here. Was it in his gf's name or something.

Very little details you give here in order for people to respond in a helpfull way and also you could be charged with deformation if you are not carefull. Thai Criminal Code: 306/304 because you have made this "public" so with "third parties" involved now you better be careful if you yourself lives here in Thailand.

I am not by ANY means defending scammers if this is all true however just pointing out some realities here in LOS.

yes but he will have a receipt from sending money from wherever he is to thailand.

And on any transaction don't you have to fill out the reason why you are sending funds abroad to someones account.

That with some emails should be enough proof shouldn't it ? or am i wrong and he has big problem ?

I Know an English guy who had a word with Immigration police ref a certain German Developer who had a "Free Way" of doing things. If you get my drift as no names but some of you may rememeber his bar/villas as well. Anyway he was hauled in front of immigration and asked to explain where the guys money was. He couldnt and had to sign an agreement to pay the money back. As you know all things cost in Thailand but it was well worth the price. It wasnt me by the way i had to sue the guy for my money. But i did and got most of it back. If you P/M me i can give you the details of the Lawyer guy i used. I have known him for 10 years and he isnt a rip off. He's names Pot by the way. He has a very good way with things.

Number one rule in Thailand...don't do business with any farang businessmen as they are all a bunch of scammers, cons on the run from the law, and assorted other tossers. Don't trust any of them...much safer dealing with legitimate Thai businessmen and companies...and at least some semblence of legal recourse if things don't go as planned.

I resent that remark, though I'm not a business person at the moment and one reason it would be so hard to get anything going because of this twisted misperception..

Unfortunately not a misperception and it's unfortunate for foreigners who may want to do honest business in Thailand but your forebearers have poisoned the well...but don't despair completely, there are always plenty of newbies hitting town who actually think it's safer to do business with their fellow farangs.

• Like 1

Colov is loosing his cool over on the Drummond comment site.

It is sad that Thailand has given so much power to certain foreign shady individuals in pattaya.

Due to libel laws please note that in no way shape or form is this comment directed at mr colov as he is a true gentlemen

giggle.gif

Edited by Markland

Colov is loosing his cool over on the Drummond comment site. It is sad that Thailand has given so much power to certain foreign shady individuals in pattaya. Due to libel laws please note that in no way shape or form is this comment directed at mr colov as he is a true gentlemen

giggle.gif

I reference the following aspects of this thread so far, so that we don't have to repeat it all again:

(1) Throughout this thread (especially Andrew Drumonds well researched piece & video) we have seen ample evidence of the disgusting / immoral activities of certain named individuals against certain named victims.

(2) The prior discussions of "Civil" (vs "Criminal") law suits, proving fraudulent intent, and the futility of seeking police assistance if the police perceive the problem to be of a "Civil" nature. See my prior post (#86).

(3) The comment that one (perhaps more) of the perpetrators may be disturbed by the publicity.

(4) Understandably, victims may well want to be closed mouth about any actions they are taking / in progress.

Question:

Can anybody comment on the extent & status of formal legal or police actions initiated by the victims?

Colov is loosing his cool over on the Drummond comment site. It is sad that Thailand has given so much power to certain foreign shady individuals in pattaya. Due to libel laws please note that in no way shape or form is this comment directed at mr colov as he is a true gentlemen

giggle.gif

I reference the following aspects of this thread so far, so that we don't have to repeat it all again:

(1) Throughout this thread (especially Andrew Drumonds well researched piece & video) we have seen ample evidence of the disgusting / immoral activities of certain named individuals against certain named victims.

(2) The prior discussions of "Civil" (vs "Criminal") law suits, proving fraudulent intent, and the futility of seeking police assistance if the police perceive the problem to be of a "Civil" nature. See my prior post (#86).

(3) The comment that one (perhaps more) of the perpetrators may be disturbed by the publicity.

(4) Understandably, victims may well want to be closed mouth about any actions they are taking / in progress.

Question:

Can anybody comment on the extent & status of formal legal or police actions initiated by the victims?

Hope the marine and anybody else scammed by Haughton is aware of his transfer of funds back to the UK, The UK police will certainly take a more than keen interest in his apprehension, probably more than a little jail time awaiting for the skunk too.

Interesting to see Colovs replies too, more of a case of throw enough words in the air,see what you make of it,just senseless piffle,every word of it. Colovs advice,but he knew what he was about,now hides behind a woman's skirt "all her fault" blah blah blah, pathetic piece of worthless sh.t

Is Haughtons presence still in Thailand,or has this bird flown? I'll post a copy of this thread to the MOD in the UK ,hopefully it will find its way to the person concerned

Delayed, because the new staff at the British Consulate in Pattaya refused to witness his signature on a statement after they read it as it was not in a "format" they recognised.

( http://www.andrew-drummond.com/view-story-other.php?sid=536 )