Gas Cooker

tatom

Gas stoves that I have bought usually come with a hose. What's the moving part on the regulator? The push button? They're not that cheap. Whatever.

I've bought 3 cookers and none of them came with a hose.

Inside the regulator there is probably a flexible disk that regulates the pressure of the gas through a valve. As most things deteriorate with time, it can be a good idea to replace that sort of thing occasionally.

Thanks for your answer, Crossy.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Gas stoves that I have bought usually come with a hose.

What's the moving part on the regulator? The push button? They're not that cheap. Whatever.

What parts move you ask? A internal spring, lever, plunger, pivot pin, and diaphragm....very, very small movements but they do move...and over the years they can corrode/stop moving so good. All regulators don't come with the push button which basically helps get the flow going usually when swapping out tanks. However, a lot of regulators sold in Thailand don't use/need that push button. See this Link for more info/cross section internal view of a cooking gas regulator.

Actually the regulators sold here with on/off push and meter are expensive flow stopping device often sold door-to-door by gloom and doom salesmen at even higher prices. The theory being it will stop the flow if hose breaks and gas tries to flow at full volume. Might be worthwhile if going into enclosed area.

So, that's what that little push button is for...thanks...glad I got one now. No wonder I have to push it right after hooking up a new tank. My tank is within an enclosed kitchen so it helps to add a little safety factor I guess. When I bought my stove & regulator in HomePro the sales clerk said the push button type regulator was supposedly a little safer (but I really couldn't understand the specifics of why at the time...the old Thai and English communications difficulty) and it did cost a little more (maybe 10-20% at the time) than the type with no push button type based on the regulators being sold in HomePro. But the paperwork that came with the regulator which was like "nothing" if I remember right didn't say anything about that little button/it's purpose in life. I sure know I don't see many of these push-button type regulators around markets or just any place where you see the regulators in use...I would say 90% plus are the no-button type...probably because they are a little cheaper.