Do Most Apartments Turn Over At The 1St Of The Month?

I was thinking about renting an apartment in BKK for 6-8 months. I know there are a good supply of places to choose from but I wonder if there is more turnover around the 1st of the month as in the US. I haven't heard people talk about that so I wonder if places change tenants at all times of the month. I'm just strategizing when the best time is to come and look for a place.

Thanks.

In Thailand, in the big city as Bangkok, Pattaya, Chang Mai and Phuket, a lot of apartments use the Service apartment strategy. However, the owner shouldn't let all room for daily. They separate for long term and short term. The most apartments are the contract at least 3 months for long term ( sure, you pay higher than 1 year ) , daily ( service apartment ) , monthly ( expensive one and some apartments calculate from daily price without discount ),

If you wanna know more info, let me know. I will to answer your question.

Thanks for your reply. I know that many apartments have daily and monthly rates. My question was whether the bulk of the monthly apartments changeover on the 1st of the month as they do in the West. I sense this isn't the case but I'm all ears.

You can sign a rental contract (min. 3 or 4 months), pay the deposit and first month's rent and move in any day of the month. Come the end of the month, the first bill for the rent will be pro-rated to the number of days from the date of the contract to the end of that month.

Upon paying this bill, you will still have paid the deposit and a month's rent in advance as stipulated in the contract.

Edited by trogers