Getting Rid Of Cat

petercallen

We have a stray tomcat that visits our house every night and pisses on

everything including the washing machine which is starting to rust out on

the bottom

Does anyone know where you can buy a cat repellent that works or a cat trap

We do not want to destroy it, just get rid of it

Well, you can always get an cut/sprayed cat to your home. Cat's are pretty defensive for their territory and do not allow other cats to come to your home anymore.

Well, you can always get an cut/sprayed cat to your home. Cat's are pretty defensive for their territory and do not allow other cats to come to your home anymore.

Don't want a cat and a tomcat will beat the hell out of a splayed cat

Get a dog!

• Like 1

That could happen. Then again, a bit older females are pretty good defending the area even from the tom cats.

If you can see when the tom cat comes and be able to spray water on it, it might keep it away after few times. Spray bottle is one way how some people teach their cats what not to do.

Then trying to think out of the box, maybe some urinated cat sand in a box could confuse the visitor enough to keep it away?

Hmm.. Where were the classifieds again.. "For sale: used cat sand, 100B for monthly subscription if fetched daily" :)

That could happen. Then again, a bit older females are pretty good defending the area even from the tom cats.

If you can see when the tom cat comes and be able to spray water on it, it might keep it away after few times. Spray bottle is one way how some people teach their cats what not to do.

Then trying to think out of the box, maybe some urinated cat sand in a box could confuse the visitor enough to keep it away?

Hmm.. Where were the classifieds again.. "For sale: used cat sand, 100B for monthly subscription if fetched daily" smile.png

Sound like a good idea mate, especially the used cat sand

Anyway the Mrs is sick of the cat and noes not care if we sin by killing it

Just looking for a better option but i do not think there is one

It comes at night and is not only pissing everywhere but now also shitting

and leaving dead rats around the house it gets from the local rubbish cages

1. Build non-lethal trap (any true Aussie should be able to do this).

2. Catch cat.

3. Take to other side of island.

4. Release cat.

5. Go back home - problem solved.

If i had a welder i could make a cage trap, i would rather buy one

Cheaper and easier if one is available

Releasing a cat would have to be done off the island for it not to return

which i am prepared to do, or maybe i could leave it at your place in Chalong

with a lot of food to keep it there

1. Build non-lethal trap (any true Aussie should be able to do this).

2. Catch cat.

3. Take to other side of island.

4. Release cat.

5. Go back home - problem solved.

If i had a welder i could make a cage trap, i would rather buy one

Cheaper and easier if one is available

Releasing a cat would have to be done off the island for it not to return

which i am prepared to do, or maybe i could leave it at your place in Chalong

with a lot of food to keep it there

If you released the cat in Kata, you seriously think it would come back? Don't think so....

Yeah.....bring it round, the snakes will sort it out.

Years ago I rented a house that had a cat problem, every afternoon when I got home from work I would sit on the balcony with a bottle of JD, a big bucket of ice and a sling shot. Everytime a cat came within distance I would peg a chunk of ice at with the sling shot.

Was highly amusing and after a few weeks the cats avoid my house.

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like 2

Years ago I rented a house that had a cat problem, every afternoon when I got home from work I would sit on the balcony with a bottle of JD, a big bucket of ice and a sling shot. Everytime a cat came within distance I would peg a chunk of ice at with the sling shot.

Was highly amusing and after a few weeks the cats avoid my house.

Even though I like cats, that sounds like a very fun way to solve the problem :)

You lot are such a tonic...rofl

I've found the spray bottle got rid of my cat's 'friend'. It was scrambling to get over the 2m wire fence & I got lots of shots in. Must have been soaked before it got away. It was only a little spray bottle - amazing how far they will squirt and how much water they deliver to the right spot.

Never came back

• Like 1

Try pouring some white vinegar around the places it likes to pee, this has worked around our home smile.png

I will try vinegar, so far tried crack and crevice spray insecticide, CRC type lubricant, normal insect spray

and the Mrs put down some of those round sticky rat traps

She just brought home a box trap from the local general store, suitable for a very large rat

It would have to be a miniature cat to fit in, which it is not.

Might try the way i get rid of rats which is not a trap but always works

Problem is it never turns up anymore to after we go to bed, we have tried to drive it away

pete buy a BB gun , cheap and one sting from that sucker the cat will never come back for sure ,,,, also good to keep on hand as they look like the real thing in times of emergency .... like the time i was chased by a machete wielding pickup driver in Surat on my bike .....

• Like 1

Dig a crocodile infested moat around your gaff and raise the draw bridge every night, Pm me for guesstimate - 3 min guarantee - as always,excluding f'ups + parts + labor + 7% tax + 10% service charge + zero indemnity liabilty.

Crocodile Farm nr Robinson's closed recently so you're in luck, location and timing is everything in the cut throat property market. Economically priced house trained domestic crocodiles*- approx 10,000 no comprehendible audit available - how many do you need?

(side note) Emu for sale - not house trained unfortunately but accommodating, responds to 10000 v prod (available 1 M Baht) , misunderstood red arsed racist baboon prone to unprovoked domestic violence, with hygiene and anger management issues - et al must see, also selection of big cats - breeding pairs - not sold separately, 10 dozen aggressive as f88k limas (reasonable offers considered), 3 Meter reticulated Albino Python? Adorable Thai style chickens + big cocks with xxx testosterone level, inferiority complex, ya baa habit and attitude problem, no concept of the time of day.

At knock down, never to be repeated, one time offer, today only – 25 Rai* of prime affable real estate.

Caveat emptor if you are mildly interested. Very friendly mallard duck’s 50 (nervous disposition), Kiddies play ground as new* – hardly used - it’s in good nick - not to EU standard (what do you want for f'sake)

Overly large free range eggs going cheep*.

*Sold as seen

Telepone all the 3's

:-)

Edited by Phuket electrician
  • Like 1

That's f'up it was supposed to say in good humour:

Dig a crocodile infested moat around your gaff and raise the draw bridge every night, Pm me for guesstimate - 3 min guarantee - as always, excluding f'ups + parts + labour + 7% tax + 10% service charge + zero indemnity liability.

Crocodile Farm nr Robinson's closed recently so you're in luck, location and timing is everything in the cut throat property market. Economically priced house trained domestic crocodiles*- approx 10,000 no comprehendible audit available - how many do you need?

(side note) Emu for sale - not house trained, unfortunate but accommodating, responds to 10000 v prod (available 1 M Baht) , misunderstood red arsed racist baboon prone to unprovoked domestic violence, with hygiene and anger management issues - et al must see, also selection of big cats - breeding pairs - not sold separately, 10 dozen aggressive as f88k limas (reasonable offers considered), 3 Meter reticulated Albino Python? Adorable Thai style chickens + big cocks with xxx testosterone level, inferiority complex, ya baa habit and attitude problem, no concept of the time of day.

At knock down, never to be repeated, one time offer, today only – 25 Rai* prime affable real estate.

Caveat emptor if you are mildly interested. Very friendly mallard duck’s 50 (nervous disposition), Kiddies play-ground as new* – hardly used - it’s in good nick - not to EU standard (what do you want for f'sake)

Overly large free range eggs going cheep*.

*Sold as seen

Telepone all the 3's

:-)

Daiso sells cat repellent for 60 bt and lotus also have a spray to keep cats and dogs away.

"Back Off" spray...sold at Shamu Pet Galleria on Chaofa rd and some supermarkets in the pet food aisle.

Thanks i will look for it next time we go shopping

The Mrs has cooled down and changed her mind about committing a sin and poisoning it

easy take tobacco........cats hate that smell....works 100%

Are you suggesting i give the cat a smokewai.gif

strew the tobacco......................handle it clever and dont listen to douchebags be reborn as cats next lifejap.gif