Resolved: Thais Are The Cutest People On The Planet: Discuss

Jingthing

Thais ARE the cutest people on the planet.clap2.gif

But this thread ... not so cute. sick.gif

On basis do you make your opinion? In what ways are they the cutest?

Opinion? No, you misunderstand. It is RESOLVED. No credible challengers were proposed so the motion carries ...

OK. Well, I'm glad it's resolved. It was fun to try to convince you otherwise. Carry on.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

End of the story

Oh yeah, - we eat bananas in France too ......was it your question ? tongue.png

Nah more like what happens to women who don't shave their armpits for several years and then I'll think you know the answer. wink.png

Don't know, honestly thought they were german

Aneliane... do you realise you are quite good at trolling?

whether she is or isn't, it is certainly maxme who looks the fool with an axe to grind

End of the story

Nah more like what happens to women who don't shave their armpits for several years and then I'll think you know the answer. wink.png

whether she is or isn't, it is certainly maxme who looks the fool with an axe to grind

Something to say troll? Do speak up.

Edited by maxme

End of the story

whether he is or isn't, it is certainly Aneliane who (perhaps unwittingly) turned this thread into a Royal Rumble with her anger-provoking post (that the most malicious of trolls would have been proud of)

You've said much while I was away. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you.

I know you know some of this, Berkshire, because I've seen some of your more intelligent posts. I would know about inflating perceived status because I've read books on it, discussed it with Thai intellectuals and my wife and her family. I encourage you to go to your nearest Asia Books and purchase and read "National Identity and It's Defenders - Thailand Today", ISBN: 9789747551884. It touches on these kinds of things. Thai society is among the most hierarchical in the world and Thai people are concerned quite seriously with status, how to detect it and how to promote or display it. That's common "Thai 101" knowledge for a knowledgable person living in Thailand which I know you are.

Anyway, I am not a fashion expert. You are correct there. I only stated my opinion.

I am not jealous of Thai people with MERCs or BMWs. I don't drive in Thailand and neither do I want to. I won't tell you how financially secure I am in my young age because I'm sure you were baiting for an answer of that sort wink.png

I hope I answered everything, Berkshire.

Thanks

Well it's been a day and I've almost forgot what we were debating about. Xth, I do appreciate your attempt at civility...although I do detect a hint of sarcasm. Nevertheless, I'm inclined to attack stereotypical views of Thais that aim to be decidedly negative. For instance, the whole face and status thing. It matters not to me whether you can afford a luxury car. But let's say you were to decide to buy a MERC or BMW. Would it be right for me to assume that you did it to "inflate your perceived status?" I think not. Asked another way, do you assume the same back in farangland when you see people driving around in expensive cars and trying to be ever-so fashionable in dress? Again, I think not. But you would assume that with Thais. Back in the US, we had a saying which goes "keeping up with the Joneses." Do you know what that means? It's human nature, man, and it's not confined to the Thais.

Anyways, this feels like a "beating a dead horse" derby, so I'm off this train...

Came back after a day, and there's a page that has nothing about the OP! Time to leave this one behind.

Just to keep MY post on topic, I see lots of really cute Thai girls passing by on their scooters, gotta love Thailand!

Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems as if arguments between members (conducted on a thread and going on and on....) are far more frequent recently? Its boring for the rest of us and tends to stop others posting, so why don't they pursue their personal comments via PMs?

Anyway, getting back on topic - yes, Thai people are (generally) far smaller in height and with a consequently smaller 'frame' than Westerners - making them 'cute'.

So we have a thread about thais being cute?

What worries me is i suspect 90% of the posters are over 50. Concerning to say the least 1zgarz5.gif

Once you become an "old" person, you will realise that the body may age, but the mind does not. I may be over 50, but I can still rcognise cute when I see it.

• Like 1

Thai girls are cute when young giggle.gif ....put a few years on them and the looks change and the nastiness comes out of hiding. Need to trade in every few years for new model wink.png

I think that qualifies for every woman whether they are from the east or the west. Or you like to point out how cute middle age western women are from time to time.

• Like 1

I think Thai ladies are cute... Even the ugly ones have some cuteness to them for some reason that I haven't delved into so deeply yet...

But, besides cute, I just think there's an overwhelming majority of them that have this especially well designed suspension that makes them a very nice ride... Thank you God for Thai ladies!