Black Mail

shanshan

hi im not sure if this is in the correct forum

my thai girlfriend has just issued me with an ultimatum either i pay her 200,000 baht or i never see her and our 9 month old kid again

no idication as to what the money if for, i did ask and the reply i got was "not your business"

anyway she aint getting a single baht so what happens happens.

im just interested if anyone else has had this happen to them i have heard of 2 farang in the same situation, maybe its the norm out here

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

at least you should tell whether you are living with her or whether you live in a long-distance relationship, whether you are married to her (seems not if you write about girlfriend) and finally whether you are the legal (documented) father of the child... only then your options can be reviewed

Assuming this isn't a troll post your first call should be to your embassy.

Not exactly sure what your embassy is going to do, unless your child is holding the passport of your home country.

Something very similar happened to a guy I know in BKK and he did come to some sort of financial arrangement and kept the child.

For me the very idea of buying your own child is abhorrent but probably cheaper than getting lawyers, courts involved.

I would insist on full custody done legally before parting with any cash, a letter of authorisation from the Mother giving permission for the child to leave Thailand and as when is necessary and ensure he has his own western passport.

Good luck.

To answer the OP's question, NO, it's not the norm out here. Your GF is a psycho. Which doesn't reflect very well on you.

I take back what I said--perhaps the girl is not a complete psycho. This sounds like "child support negotiations," Thai-peasant-farmgirl-style. Maybe the girl is afraid Mr. Shanshan is going to do a runner and she will never see a dime of child support payments. But like someone said earlier, not enough info. Are we assuming that break-up is imminent?

• Like 2

Assuming this isn't a troll post your first call should be to your embassy.

Not exactly sure what your embassy is going to do, unless your child is holding the passport of your home country.

Well usually embassy know similar cases and can recommend a lawyer which is know to be good.

Give her the bus fare home and tell her not to let the door hit her in the arse on the way out.

Then go to Soi Cowboy and find a replacement.

he could offer a compromise....he offers 20 Baht, than they settle in the middle, which is 2000 Baht. (+00 vs -00)

Where did you meet her?

Let me guess.. She is Uni educated, has a good job, her parents have their own businesses, etc, etc..... whistling.gif

You made your bed, lay in it...........

Where in the OP's post did he say she was a BG or Uni educated ?....in fact he hasnt said anything about her......So based on your BS logic only BG's would pull a stunt like this...

Assuming this is genuine:

Do you actually want to take full responsibility for raising the child?

Were you married to the mother on or before the date of your child's birth? If not, did you get yourself registered as the legal father? (not talking about your name on the BC)

If no to both, then you have no rights legally, or at least buying such rights without her cooperation would be very difficult expensive and most likely ethically questionable.

Do you plan to remain in Thailand?

Many many more details like this need to be clarified before relevant advice can be given.

Where did you meet her?

Let me guess.. She is Uni educated, has a good job, her parents have their own businesses, etc, etc..... whistling.gif

You made your bed, lay in it...........

Where in the OP's post did he say she was a BG or Uni educated ?....in fact he hasnt said anything about her......So based on your BS logic only BG's would pull a stunt like this...

yup, and if I were a gambling man, most of the time I would have thought I'd be bang on the money.