Why Did You Decide To Leave Thailand?

nietzche

I think it's been a great topic too, there has been a few trying to derail it, but I am glad to see they have not prevailed.

Masterbiker a lot of Us have great wives, but who wants to hear about it, the horror stories are much more interesting then marital bliss.

I've been to Thailand for only four months and not a day goes by when I don't thank god, karma, my luck and The Kingdom that I am no longer in the USA. I quit my job in downtown Manhattan and get paid 1/4 of the money working from home here in Pattaya. Although the money is not much I never felt happier. I can only hope that I can stay here for as long as possible. Thanks Thailand and Thais for I feel peace and calm living here. I want to forget USA even further and never go back there in my life if it's only possible!

• Like 1

Here is the reality. Most of the farang in Thailand could not get laid in their home countries at all, therefore it could start raining fire and as long as there were still enough women with pulses calling them handsome they would be happier. Look at this message board and how little discussion there is on any kind of hobby besides "dating". I picture almost every Thai Visa user as a smelly, ugly dog panting in heat.

This is the kind of person I picture would be happier living in the West.

Here is the reality. Most of the farang in Thailand could not get laid in their home countries at all, therefore it could start raining fire and as long as there were still enough women with pulses calling them handsome they would be happier. Look at this message board and how little discussion there is on any kind of hobby besides "dating". I picture almost every Thai Visa user as a smelly, ugly dog panting in heat.

This is the kind of person I picture would be happier living in the West.

I'll bet at least one of Eek and Boo are offended by Farang's comment;

Anyway, I was glad to get away, last time, because it was so hot it felt like it was raining fire. It was really nice to get back to somewhere cool.

I'm always a bit surprised that so many people seem to have fixed ideas of what their fellow-posters are like. I suppose only a few of us post pictures of ourselves, or use one as our avatar (that's me, at the front of the train, by the way, so's you recognise me if we meet...).

Anyway, unlike an ugly old dog, I sweat, rather than panting. The only reason that we are so obsessed with women with pulses is because there is no place for necrophilia on this forum. I hope farang99 will lend their support to addressing that issue http://www.thaivisa....s/#entry5217022

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

There is some exageration in this post, but not a lot.

• Like 1

Says two Thai Visa users...

They're the exceptions that prove the rule. Along with Eek and Boo. and myself. and maybe JT... and Onnut.......... and David48.

and ...

I'd have probably left by now because of all the stereotypical generalisations.

SC

Why does every thread degenerate into this??

I actually think you have held on well with this thread! You have had some good constructive replies. It is a healthy thread for people also planning to come on over to take take on board !

Thank you!

Jealousy.

They're just grumpy because their threads don't get so many comments.

I got a comment on my threads the other day. An Indian bloke came up to me and said "Nice Suit, sir!"

SC

• Like 1

I also have no idea why these sweeping, negative generalizations seem to find their way into every thread. Don't think it is going to change anytime soon though.

• Like 1

Regrettably for you that's not the reality. The reality is that very very few "normal" ex-pats want to talk about how happy and contended they are living here in Thailand, don't do the bar scene, don't go mongering but enjoy their lives with their wonderful Thai wife, even fewer people on this board want to read about such things because it's dull and uninteresting. I don't know what the majority of other ex-pats here get up to in Thailand and I really don't care, all I can say is that the ones that I do know well and are friends, don't fit your profilr the way you claim. A final point for you to try and take on board is that there are huge numbers of wannabe ex-pats on this board who live out their Thai fantasies on TV in one way or another. Go find a thread with the title containing the word sex or some discussions about bar girl types and see how many views it has, you'll find the majority are from sad barstewards who are back in the UK or similar and many of them will likely fit your model better..

Edited by chiang mai

Here is the reality. I think this was posted in the wrong thread, by mistake.

It doesn't seem to have any relationship to the topic of the thread, which is about reasons for leaving Thailand, not reasons for staying, and doesn't seem to make reference to any of the recent discussion on the thread.

Alternatively, it is a crude and offensive troll, but I can't imagiine that any of our members would do such a thing.

I'd have probably left by now because you couldn't have a decent conversation with your mates without someone coming up and interrupting to abuse you with foul and grossly offensive metaphor.

To be honest, its as well that I am as Christian as I am, since my neighbours might take murderous offence to such an insult.

Perhaps some of our membership should consider their words more carefully, when foully abusing their fellows, and the possible religious sensitivities thereof

SC

I've been to Thailand for only four months and not a day goes by when I don't thank god, karma, my luck and The Kingdom that I am no longer in the USA. I quit my job in downtown Manhattan and get paid 1/4 of the money working from home here in Pattaya. Although the money is not much I never felt happier. I can only hope that I can stay here for as long as possible. Thanks Thailand and Thais for I feel peace and calm living here. I want to forget USA even further and never go back there in my life if it's only possible!

Endorphin, many similarities. I also lived and worked in downtown Manhattan for a number of years. When I left the U.S. I swore I would never go back. I have been pretty happy since I've been here, and I'm certainly a lot less stressed. Hope things continue to go your way.

Regrettably for you that's not the reality. The reality is that very very few "normal" ex-pats want to talk about how happy and contended they are living here in Thailand, don't do the bar scene, don't go mongering but enjoy their lives with their wonderful Thai wife, even fewer people on this board want to read about such things because it's dull and uninteresting. I don't know what the majority of other ex-pats here get up to in Thailand and I really don't care, all I can say is that the ones that I do know well and are friends, don't fit your profilr the way you claim. A final point for you to try and take on board is that there are huge numbers of wannabe ex-pats on this board who live out their Thai fantasies on TV in one way or another. Go find a thread with the title containing the word sex or some discussions about bar girl types and see how many views it has, you'll find the majority are from sad barstewards who are back in the UK or similar and many of them will likely fit your model better..

I am very happy and content living with my Thai wife and working on her farm. We have two lovely children together and are all very happy together living our simple rural life. My fellow villagers, like us, are relatively poor, but mostly happy.

I have never paid a bar fine and never had sex with a bar girl, nor did I ever want to. I have never been unfaithful to my Thai wife nor was I ever unfaithful to my former UK wife to whom I was married approx 30 years.

I am more than happy to talk about how much I like Thailand, our village, my family and our corn crop, which just happens to be almost ready for harvest, maybe this coming weekend. I only hope you aren't all too bored with my chatter.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

I am very happy and content living with my Thai wife and working on her farm. We have two lovely children together and are all very happy together living our simple rural life. My fellow villagers, like us, are relatively poor, but mostly happy.

I have never paid a bar fine and never had sex with a bar girl, nor did I ever want to. I have never been unfaithful to my Thai wife nor was I ever unfaithful to my former UK wife to whom I was married approx 30 years.

I am more than happy to talk about how much I like Thailand, our village, my family and our corn crop, which just happens to be almost ready for harvest, maybe this coming weekend. I only hope you aren't all too bored with my chatter.

Tommo, I mean absolutely no disrespect and am not judging you're lifestyle. However, have you thought seriously about how you might be limiting you're kids potential?

It's all well that you are living the life that you want, but what options will you're children have when they are older?

I say this because this is one of the reasons why I chose not to make Thailand my permanent home. I have no kids, but would like to someday. I could not imagine depriving them of the same opportunities that I was given growing up in the U.S.

My father was an immigrant to the U.S and worked hard so that we could all go to good universities, and set ourselves up for the future. When I thought about the idea of raising kids here, I couldn't help feeling that it would almost be like erasing two generations worth of work on the part of my dad and I.

Raising children in a third world country is a very serious issue. Good luck to you.

• Like 1

BUT BUT, you told us you married her for her land and business. ermm.gif

Tommo, I mean absolutely no disrespect and am not judging you're lifestyle. However, have you thought seriously about how you might be limiting you're kids potential?

It's all well that you are living the life that you want, but what options will you're children have when they are older?

I say this because this is one of the reasons why I chose not to make Thailand my permanent home. I have no kids, but would like to someday. I could not imagine depriving them of the same opportunities that I was given growing up in the U.S.

My father was an immigrant to the U.S and worked hard so that we could all go to good universities, and set ourselves up for the future. When I thought about the idea of raising kids here, I couldn't help feeling that it would almost be like erasing two generations worth of work on the part of my dad and I.

Raising children in a third world country is a very serious issue. Good luck to you.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read this. If I couldn't afford to put my children through private education we wouldn't be here.

Do you think arranged marriages can't be happy? We both knew it was a business deal at the start.

However, have you thought seriously about how you might be limiting you're kids potential?

Our children will all have the option of training as doctors, dentists or pharmacists in Thailand.

We already have the money to bribe the teachers for the correct grades throughout their high-school years and to pay for their university tuition fees (along with any bribes needed there). Something they would be unlikely to achieve in the UK.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Show us yer combine 'arvester, darlin.

Look at the size o them acres...

THere's probably a fatwa on my head in Somerset...

SC

Our children will all have the option of training as doctors, dentists or pharmacists in Thailand.

We already have the money to bribe the teachers for the correct grades throughout their high-school years and to pay for their university tuition fees (along with any bribes needed there). Something they would be unlikely to achieve in the UK.

What are you telling us, your kids wouldn't make the grade in the UK and they only make it here because you've got the cash to bribe their way to qualifications.

A very common reason for professional expats to return to the UK is to get their children in the education system (That's people who get the fees for the best schools here paid for by their employers) - Stating that the ability to be able to bribe your kids way through the education system is a positive aspect of life in Thailand is a first for me.

What are you telling us, your kids wouldn't make the grade in the UK and they only make it here because you've got the cash to bribe their way to qualifications.

A very common reason for professional expats to return to the UK is to get their children in the education system (That's people who get the fees for the best schools here paid for by their employers) - Stating that the ability to be able to bribe your kids way through the education system is a positive aspect of life in Thailand is a first for me.

Its also very obvious to identify the doctors, dentists and pharmacists in Thailand who have cheated their way into their profession due to their astounding levels of incompetence and complete lack of responsibility.

The more this Tommy bloke posts, the more I think he has a screw loose, surely must be trolling with a comment like that. Back on topic, I do think If I was to have children I would definitely go back to the UK for their education.

The UK system isn't evenly loaded either, even if your kids do make the grade, they have little chance of going to medical school (without a bit of 'pull' and a lot of financial backing)

Do you think arranged marriages can't be happy? We both knew it was a business deal at the start.

However, have you thought seriously about how you might be limiting you're kids potential?

That must be the worse post l have ever read. Must say your a sad guy, and you remember, what goes around, definitely comes around. bah.gif

Hope your kids don't have a problem ''fixed'' by a wannabe doctor eh. ermm.gif

I've always liked my kids to go into 'medical', I previously employed a 'fixer' in the UK to secure places for mine.

Well worth the money. It's not really that hard, training to do the medical jobs, what's hard is getting a place.

If you go back to the UK, you have a very good chance of being treated by a doctor whose place was secured by, how shall I say it, special methods.

The UK system isn't evenly loaded either, even if your kids do make the grade, they have little chance of going to medical school (without a bit of 'pull' and a lot of financial backing)

I don't know if that statement is even true but even if it was at least the ones that do get in still need to study and pass the exams. If your children bought doctors certificates without having the requisite education and understanding of the profession they were going into I would do everything that was in my power to send them back to your farm to pick corn with dad.

However it is not possible for someone to seriously have this mindset, you have to be trolling. Either that or you've spent too long in the fields in the dry season.

Edited by Kananga

I've always liked my kids to go into 'medical', I previously employed a 'fixer' in the UK to secure places for mine.

Well worth the money. It's not really that hard, training to do the medical jobs, what's hard is getting a place.

If you go back to the UK, you have a very good chance of being treated by a doctor whose place was secured by, how shall I say it, special methods.

Was this the same guy who advised you on what child benefit claims you could make when putting your hand out to the UK welfare system?

If I recall the name correctly - Walter Mitty was it?

Sorry I can't remember but I do recall there was a Walter Mitty in there somewhere.

Rubbish. rolleyes.gif

I don't know if that statement is even true but even if it was at least the ones that do get in still need to study and pass the exams. If your children bought doctors certificates without having the requisite education and understanding of the profession they were going into I would do everything that was in my power to send them back to your farm to pick corn with dad.

My kids in the UK all passed their 'medical' exams fair and square, it was only their University places that were fixed.

Just because you didn't understand the UK system and fail to 'work it' to the advantage of your children, don't blame me.

In Thailand everyone passes university courses, if they have the cash, why pick on me or my kids?

I do think some of you like to indulge in a bit of Thai bashing.

I have found the UK to be every bit as corrupt, but most people just never notice.

(and of course UK corruption is mainly for the UK elite, but in Thailand everyone can give it a go)

Edited by TommoPhysicist