Why Did You Decide To Leave Thailand?

nietzche

I don't know if that statement is even true but even if it was at least the ones that do get in still need to study and pass the exams. If your children bought doctors certificates without having the requisite education and understanding of the profession they were going into I would do everything that was in my power to send them back to your farm to pick corn with dad.

My kids in the UK all passed their 'medical' exams fair and square, it was only their University places that were fixed.

Just because you didn't understand the UK system and fail to 'work it' to the advantage of your children, don't blame me.

In Thailand everyone passes university courses, if they have the cash, why pick on me or my kids?

Thought your kids were picking CORN. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Hope your kids don't have a problem ''fixed'' by a wannabe doctor eh. ermm.gif

I've always liked my kids to go into 'medical', I previously employed a 'fixer' in the UK to secure places for mine.

Well worth the money. It's not really that hard, training to do the medical jobs, what's hard is getting a place.

If you go back to the UK, you have a very good chance of being treated by a doctor whose place was secured by, how shall I say it, special methods.

Was this the same guy who advised you on what child benefit claims you could make when putting your hand out to the UK welfare system?

If I recall the name correctly - Walter Mitty was it?

Sorry I can't remember but I do recall there was a Walter Mitty in there somewhere.

I suppose it depends on what medical jobs you'd like to do. At first I thought I'd like to be a test pilot for a cosmetic surgeon, but a night out with people on their way to Orchard Towers cured me of that. Brain surgeon might be a laugh, but I can't see myself getting away with that for long.

You know, sometimes, you just have to praise the Lord that he saw fit to place you in the job that you find yourself, rather than allowing self-will to run riot.

SC

• Like 1

This weekend, although we may not pick it ourselves, the headman just gave us a very good offer for our crop 'as it stands'.

Out of interest, what would a field of corn produce in terms of bribed qualifications? A diploma? Masters? Phd?

Would you feel equally proud of your children for cheating their way into a profession over them doing it properly, studying, learning etc? Anyway, I have serious doubts that kids brought up on a corn farm would even know what to do to pretend they were actually qualified. You can just imagine them at the hospital annual fundraiser stuffing the buffet food in the pockets of their long white coats and getting crumbs all over their flipflops and splayed toes.

Edited by Kananga

This weekend, although we may not pick it ourselves, the headman just gave us a very good offer for our crop 'as it stands'.

Kids flew home for the harvest eh, scalpel in hand . rolleyes.giflaugh.png

Rubbish. rolleyes.gif

I've drunk with binmen and princes, and with the increasing environmental consciousness around the world, the gap is getting smaller. You shouldn't denigrate rubbish. or bullshit.

To be honest, I'm speculating about the gap, because the prince turned up about three hours late, by which time I was steamboats, and I don't remember a word he said.

Punctuality is the politeness of kings (Louis XVIII) (for all I know)

SC

Rubbish. rolleyes.gif

I've drunk with binmen and princes, and with the increasing environmental consciousness around the world, the gap is getting smaller. You shouldn't denigrate rubbish. or bullshit.

To be honest, I'm speculating about the gap, because the prince turned up about three hours late, by which time I was steamboats, and I don't remember a word he said.

SC

Hmmmmmmmmmm, done it too in the Tower, don't know if they liked my singing, but it was Christmas, so anything goes eh. laugh.png

Out of interest, what would a field of corn produce in terms of bribed qualifications? A diploma? Masters? Phd?

Would you feel equally proud of your children for cheating their way into a profession over them doing it properly, studying, learning etc? Anyway, I have serious doubts that kids brought up on a corn farm would even know what to do to pretend they were actually qualified. You can just imagine them at the hospital annual fundraiser stuffing the buffet food in the pockets of their long white coats and getting crumbs all over their flipflops and splayed toes.

I can't help feeling that your post is based on ill-natured prejudice and stereotype.

Anyway, depending on which 'targetman' is overseeing us, it would behove us to try and find some connection between this discussion and the orignal topic posted.

Perhaps Tommo could help us out there. Have the weans studied medicine outside the shores of the Kingdom, the Land of the Free, or as apprentices to the local witch doctor?

SC

Rubbish. rolleyes.gif

SC

I like the old adage , There's money in muck .

I can't help feeling that your post is based on ill-natured prejudice and stereotype.

Anyway, depending on which 'targetman' is overseeing us, it would behove us to try and find some connection between this discussion and the orignal topic posted.

Perhaps Tommo could help us out there. Have the weans studied medicine outside the shores of the Kingdom, the Land of the Free, or as apprentices to the local witch doctor?

SC

If you remember, Tommo married his lady not for love but her 20 rai of corn. This vast income is now paying for the kids to be ''Neuro Surgeons"" in the UK.

SC

Most things in Thailand are based on a prejudice or stereotype. This is one of the reasons many people leave.

Rubbish. rolleyes.gif

SC

Hmmmmmmmmmm, done it too in the Tower, don't know if they liked my singing, but it was Christmas, so anything goes eh. laugh.png

Singing pissed to princes seems safe enough, but to do it in the Tower seems to be tempting fate.

"Two little boys..."

As I said in the previous post (and, having re-read the recent history, I realise Tommo's not going to help us out here) I suppose I had better "tie it back" so to speak

I suppose, though, even in the Tower, a little ribald regal riposte might be less actionable than off-colour witticisms here, and one might rue remaining resident after ribald ravings re our regal residents here

SC

Rubbish. rolleyes.gif

SC

Singing pissed to princes seems safe enough, but to do it in the Tower seems to be tempting fate.

"Two little boys..."

As I said in the previous post (and, having re-read the recent history, I realise Tommo's not going to help us out here) I suppose I had better "tie it back" so to speak

I suppose, though, even in the Tower, a little ribald regal riposte might be less actionable than off-colour witticisms here, and one might rue remaining resident after ribald ravings re our regal residents here

SC

Your going to have to translate that as l have had a couple. biggrin.png

Why is everyone giving Tommo a hard time? He is only adopting the proper Thai etiquette to assure that his kids get the best degrees they can achieve in Thailand. You bribe the powers that be to get what you want. Isn't this the Thai manifesto? No less than any other Thai would do and does on a daily basis.

• Like 1

Why is everyone giving Tommo a hard time? He is only adopting the proper Thai etiquette to assure that his kids get the best degrees they can achieve in Thailand. You bribe the powers that be to get what you want. Isn't this the Thai manifesto? No less than any other Thai would do and does on a daily basis.

And look at the state of the country in this regard. Its the laughing stock of the region, bumbling from one embarrassing cock up to the next. If thats the future you want for your kids, then by all means go for it. Just keep them far away from me.

As Keyser says, why do you want to discriminate against my children?

Do you think the doctors you see got their positions by study, hard work, and a sense of fair play.

I want them to have the same chance as any other Thai child (whose parents have a bit of cash).

Being able to speak and write English and Thai should already give them a good advantage.

I didn't say I agree with Tommo's approach, only that it is the way things are done in Thailand. I should have used that sarcasm emoticon on the end of my post.

I begin to think it is actually best for many ex-pats to leave Thailand for the sake of their children's education.

If they stay but don't learn to play the game by Thai rules, their children will be seriously disadvantaged.

As Keyser says, why do you want to discriminate against my children?

Do you think the doctors you see got their positions by study, hard work, and a sense of fair play.

I want them to have the same chance as any other Thai child (whose parents have a bit of cash).

Being able to speak and write English and Thai should already give them a good advantage.

Don't think you understand much. With medical stuff, folk of any nationality rely on a doctor and what they have learned to take care of their loved ones, NOT a quack that has had a farangs cash for a false medical degree. YOU make me feel sick, why not MAKE your kids learn the stuff to treat the sick ?.

Nooooooooooooo, you want your kids to take cash from the poor for nothing. You should be ashamed of yourself, BUT, l think your trolling.

So you want his kids treat your kids. Hmmmm, don't think so. sad.png

You need more practice in picking up irony. A magnet would help. Sadly, I have only my own quaint, outdated and pariochial standards to rely on, but you'll find that Daniel Thwaites Lancashire Bitter and Wm Mewans Export tins are ironic, most others are aluminic.

To be fair, perhaps, as a father, he doesn't really have a duty of care towards our children, but I am sure, if they have been well-brought-up, his own children will be committed to doing the best job that they can

SC

Nooooooooooooo, you want your kids to take cash from the poor for nothing. You should be ashamed of yourself, BUT, l think your trolling.

As they will be speaking good English, I was hoping they would be working in hospitals treating rich foreigners.

Why would I want them to work with 'the poor'.

You need more practice in picking up irony. A magnet would help. Sadly, I have only my own quaint, outdated and pariochial standards to rely on, but you'll find that Daniel Thwaites Lancashire Bitter and Wm Mewans Export tins are ironic, most others are aluminic.

To be fair, perhaps, as a father, he doesn't really have a duty of care towards our children, but I am sure, if they have been well-brought-up, his own children will be committed to doing the best job that they can

SC

Not when the learning has been made easy with cash.ermm.gif

As they will be speaking good English, I was hoping they would be working in hospitals treating rich foreigners.

Your a troll, no question.

SC

Not when the learning has been made easy with cash.ermm.gif

I learnt to take advantage of every opportunity that was offered. And I also learnt that there were more opportunities offered if you did a good job. No matter how much you rely on daddy's money for your success, those principles will put the icing on the cake. Actually, that;s a bad analogy, because those principles will stand you in equally good stead when the money runs out, and you're on stale biscuits instead of cake...

Anyway, if Tommo wanted to live in "the Real Thailand" he'd send his kids to Newcastle to learn about the hardships of the premier Premier Legue

SC

SC

• Like 1

A death in the family brought me back to the US and I've remained here for eight months. I've enjoyed being back in the US but I try to get along where ever I'm at. Life is what you make it.

Some of the things I like about being back home:

1 Peace and quiet- I really enjoy the silence :)

2 Public libraries

3 USDA Choice beef steaks

4 Mexican food

5 No Immigration Extension of Stays & 90 Day Reports

What I miss about Thailand:

1 Thai massage

2 Street food- I loved noodle soup :)

3 My trusty Honda CZi 110 cc "Mini Beast"

Another nice thing about being home is that I escaped that nonsense names "Songkran." On the other hand, it was 0 C this morning and

I even saw a few snow flakes whiz by...

Lance

Tommo, don't waste you're money sending you're children to a Thai university. The degree isn't worth the paper it's written on. Do you think anyone outside of Thailand would ask the opinion of a Thai doctor? It only takes 6 years out of high school. 10+ years in western countries (I'm including residency).