The Expats Who Are Far Too Happy To Be Homesick (But They Still Miss A Good Old-Fashioned British Pub)

Boater

I miss (sometimes) living in London.

I have a huge 'soft spot' for the Poms and as long as we beat you guys in the ashes and Johnny Wilkinson has his right leg amputated ... then things are very good between our two Nations.

BTW ... who actually gives a rats about Scotland?

I miss (sometimes) living in London.

I have a huge 'soft spot' for the Poms and as long as we beat you guys in the ashes and Johnny Wilkinson has his right leg amputated ... then things are very good between our two Nations.

BTW ... who actually gives a rats about Scotland?

You'll never make party leader in the new People's Republic with that attitude. Away and play with ya Matildas!

• Like 1

well...I always liked a place where you could have a coupla pints and a read of the newspaper in the afternoon with a good selection of ales and lino on the floor but that was in England...in east Glasgow things were always a bit more lively and ye had to pay attention...

• Like 1

Have to say I agree with the OP. My old local is one thing I do miss, the Pool leagues every Tuesday, the Sunday morning football ( beer league smile.png ) and the weekends away with the lads, but it did have a landlord and some decent cask ales, not your typical brewery owned soulless town centre shit hole .

• Like 1

yeah...the town centre places were hang outs fer the yobs and to be avoided...ick, Derby on a Saturday afternoon...later smashed shop windows and vomit everywhere...(where are the cops? get the dog handlers out here goddammit...)

Edited by tutsiwarrior

• 5 weeks later...

...(where are the cops? get the dog handlers out here goddammit...)

More than likely all sitting in a pub round the corner getting ratted.......

Saturday nights in UK...

Just got back on Sunday and had a couple in local Wethers...Calsberg-1-99p...with guest ales at 1-69..pint..not 2 bad.

Carmine

You seem annoyed by immigration under Tony and Gordon, but yet you live abroad............................ says a lot doesn't it.

Tony has gone on to make millions and took us into an illegal war = a bad guy, no twos ways about it. Thatcher destroyed so much of our national industries e.g. our Coal Mines because we could buy it cheaper from Russia, so like Blair she is an awful person.