Kawasaki Big Bike Service (Bangkok)

commande

I have a 2011 Versys and the 12k service requirement has arrived to include my FI light is coming on which I traced down to being a failing Oxygen Sensor. Where do you recommend in Bangkok to get the bike serviced and warrantee repaired. I have taken the bike to the Thailand Head Quarters Office Service Center in the past but their service and repair is terrible. Had them change my oil and they didn't even replace the oil filter and tried to blame me stating I didn't ask for that which is crazy. Last time I checked you get an oil change you change the filter to.

I just want to ensure that proper and good service is performed on the bike, I don't care about the cost but I have to get the 12k service done to maintain the warrantee at a Kawasaki dealership so my choices are probably rather limited.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

The 6000km service doesn't include a filter

The 1000km service does and rightly needs one due to the break-in period

The filter is perfectly able to cope with two service intervals but of course in an ideal world a new filter every time would be great. My 2012 ninja 650 also didn't receive a filter on it's 6000km service BUT will recieve on on it's 12,000km service next week.

I would recommend Realmotorsport on Ramkhumheang soi 146, but you will have to book you bike in, they are always very busy.

Karl

The 6000km service doesn't include a filter

The 1000km service does and rightly needs one due to the break-in period

The filter is perfectly able to cope with two service intervals but of course in an ideal world a new filter every time would be great. My 2012 ninja 650 also didn't receive a filter on it's 6000km service BUT will recieve on on it's 12,000km service next week.

I would recommend Realmotorsport on Ramkhumheang soi 146, but you will have to book you bike in, they are always very busy.

Karl

Thank you very much for the referral, will call them shortly and try to book an appointment. In regards to the Oil Filter being changed, per the manual you are correct. I would highly recommend though that spending the extra 300-350 baht for a new filter at every oil change as good servicing practice especially given that the engine is a Twin and generally contaminate oil very quickly. The oil in these machines turns BLACK very quickly, you can always tell its time for an oil change just by removing the oil filler cap and smelling the oil. If it's smells burned or like fuel then change the oil.

The manual only recommends a change interval but after break-in it really is based on driving conditions and weather of which here in Thailand both are not the best especially in Bangkok with all the dust and stop and go traffic which is hard on engine and clutch - lots of extra heat among other things happening.

Again very much appreciate your recommendation.

Website in the event anyone else can benefit from this post ---- http://www.realmotosports.com

I do not trust one of the dealer anymore, that would be the one after Thaksin Bridge, just not to name it.

I was told that mechanics at the dealers are actually trained by those from Rama 9. Make your own conclusion. Mine is done and I am sending the bike at Rama 9. Their insistence on repairing my bike and me being satisfy gives me much more confidence than the dealer's mechanics.

Hi, appreciate the feedback, I possibly will be in need of an Oxygen Sensor in the event Kawasaki doesn't warrantee the part replacement even though the bike is not even a year old yet (I pulled the codes from the computer and error 33 seems to be faulty O2 sensor). Anyone out there with a Versys that has fitted after market exhaust, power commander, etc that has removed or bypassed their factory O2 sensor that would be in the market to sell it or even better donate it? Bangkok area would be the best.

Thanks!

Edited by commande

I do not trust one of the dealer anymore, that would be the one after Thaksin Bridge, just not to name it.

I was told that mechanics at the dealers are actually trained by those from Rama 9. Make your own conclusion. Mine is done and I am sending the bike at Rama 9. Their insistence on repairing my bike and me being satisfy gives me much more confidence than the dealer's mechanics.

I wounder. I always serviced my bike there and was always satfisfied with their job.

I believe that every oil change makes an oil filter change mandatory. And 3000 km with mineral oil is long enough!

I was a bit shocked too when on the second service of my Versys they changed oil but not filter. But they showed me that that's what's in the Kawasaki service manual. Still I don't like it so I had them change the filter. Filters are cheap, engines are expensive. For me it's a no brainer :) I've always been very happy with the service at Kawasaki Rama 9. Less happy at Real Motorsports. Quite happy with Kawasaki CM. Have heard nothing but horror stories about Kawasaki Mityon in Pattaya and less than favorable reviews about the dealer in Phuket, so it really seems to vary from one dealer to the next.

I wounder. I always serviced my bike there and was always satfisfied with their job.

It's just my personal experience. When I brought my bike at motoaholic because the gear pedal was sticky they said it was normal..... No comment!! After such an answer, I decided to go to Rama 9. There they spend 2 hours and 4 guys worked on the bike. 2 others tested it and to be honest they seemed more skilled than those from the dealer.

Edited by Polanskiman

Thanks everyone for the feedback and comments. Booked an appointment at the Thai headquarters service center (not sure the soi location and the other shop was to busy to get me in). Hopefully everything turns out okay since this is probably one of the most important services performed on the bike in it's early life. I will make sure they understand to change the oil filter this time and bring my own Motul 20-50w oil for them to use as they like to use the cheaper stuff as per my last experience there. A little nerve bending since this requires changing spark plugs, air filter, oil, not to mention checking and adjusting just about everything on the bike from cables to chain tension.

Guess I will bring a chair and box of water so that I can supervise the job this time so as to not be surprised; going to be interesting to see them pull the gas tank to get to everything needing replaced. Next Friday is going to be a long time sitting at the Kawasaki dealers shop.

Edited by commande

Thanks everyone for the feedback and comments. Booked an appointment at the Thai headquarters service center (not sure the ski location and the other shop was to busy to get me in). Hopefully everything turns out okay since this is probably one of the most important services performed on the bike in it's early life. I will make sure they understand to change the oil filter this time and bring my own Motul 20-50w oil for them to use as they like to use the cheaper stuff as per my last experience there. A little nerve bending since this requires changing spark plugs, air filter, oil, not to mention checking and adjusting just about everything on the bike from cables to chain tension.

Guess I will bring a chair and box of water so that I can supervise the job this time so as to not be surprised; going to be interesting to see them pull the gas tank to get to everything needing replaced. Next Friday is going to be a long time sitting at the Kawasaki dealers shop.

I guess you've never been to Kawasaki Rama 9?

You're stressing about nothing. The mechanics at Rama 9 are very good and do the service by the book.

You can watch them work on your bike from the comfort of their air conditioned lounge.

As for oil, they stock Shell semi-synthetic and full synthetic and you can choose which one you prefer, or bring your own. But there's nothing wrong with the Shell oils they use.

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

• Like 1

Hey there Commande,

I would definitely suggest going to Rama 9. They follow the factory requirements as outlined in the service manual. However if you do request to for additional work such as changing the filter every 6k, they would definitely oblige you. This is the same situation with any other Kawasaki dealerships, none will voluntarily do work that is not specified in the service chart such as changing the oil filter at 6k.

The head engineer is based in Rama 9 and can deal with valid insurance claims immediately unlike the other dealerships that require the certain complaints to be sent back to Rama 9 to be verified. They also have certain speciality tools that I doubt the other dealerships have.

Rama 9 has always done a great job and are genuinely friiendly bunch of people. Its super busy though, so a booking would definitely be required. At times, the mechanics try and finish urgent work the same day by staying overtime which none of the other dealerships care to do. Real Motor Sport seems to have more style, bling and accessories than Rama 9 which is a no frills service center. However in my experience, the latter seems to do the same job a little better.

In Rama 9 they have a customer's waiting lounge with Kawasaki bike magazines (mostly in Japanese), chairs, tables, tea, coffee, water, really slow internet and flat screen TV. You really don't have to bring in the chair and water if you don't want to :-)