Tot Was Down And Yet No Word What / Why

THAIPHUKET

Yesterday TOT was down for hours, no international site reachable and yet moderator shut the subject prematurely down.

So much for the IT hub Thailand. To me that is tantamount to censorship.

Why is no one insisting on TOT to issue a statement? Just keep smiling?

No Censorship by TV. I asked the MOD's to close that topic as it was resolved and the main reason for asking to close it was that it as always would end up in a ToT bashing thread and the Mods would have closed it for us.

No Idea what caused the outage, no idea what resolved it, but as always I am just happy that it works again. Fortunately I have the use of 2 Internet Providers, so if one breaks down I use the other.

I will just repeat what I said in that other thread:

I only wish that ToT had an Website of some sorts where they would post updates if there was a problem, but maybe that is too much to ask as TiT.

:wai:

Where are you located? There was no problem with TOT in Ban Chang at all yesterday.

Oh, I see from your name you're in Phuket. Maybe TOT don't feel they need to announce to the world that Phuket has a problem with internet?

Yes, but so did areas of Bangkok have no TOT and we are importantwink.png

Where are you located? There was no problem with TOT in Ban Chang at all yesterday.

Oh, I see from your name you're in Phuket. Maybe TOT don't feel they need to announce to the world that Phuket has a problem with internet?

Yes, but so did areas of Bangkok have no TOT and we are importantwink.png

and I see on the Pattaya forum some problems with TOT and 3BB there.

I lost the internet up here in Khghampang Phet province.

I rang the TOT guys there and they called me back about 10 minutes later to say that their international gateway was down and wold be back around 4.30.

We had a civilised discussion and that was the end to it.

When the internet came back up I rang the guy up and said thank you.

Politeness wins over screaming and whining every time.

Did the OP call TOT and ask what the problem was?

• Like 2

I live in Huay Yai south of Pattaya using TOT...the internet went tits up yesterday here also. I just finished talking to a friend in the US on Skype when suddenly everything slowed way down...most sites would not open. Lasted like this for some time & then improved in the evening.

The same old same old problem exists, if someone posts that his/her internet is down, is it a Street, district, city, province, country, world wide problem or maybe the wife flicked a switch which she shouldn't have ???

DONT FORGET; NAMES ARE JUST SMOKE AND MIRRORS .:-)

The outage occurred in Thailand´s second largest city Chiang Mai which means TOT was down all over the country. This no bashing,

it is just factual and we are entitled to our grievances. For some it is hobby, surfing the net, for others there some vital interest at stake.( I admit ,I need to get a second provider) BTW, TOT line was unreachable.

DONT FORGET; NAMES ARE JUST SMOKE AND MIRRORS .:-)

The outage occurred in Thailand´s second largest city Chiang Mai which means TOT was down all over the country. This no bashing,

it is just factual and we are entitled to our grievances. For some it is hobby, surfing the net, for others there some vital interest at stake.( I admit ,I need to get a second provider) BTW, TOT line was unreachable.

I called the local Khampaeng Phet number of the guys who supplied and fitted my system and they explained the problem.

I also spoke to their line manager a couple of months after it was installed and told him that he had a good team and that they were extremely helpful.

He got a little confused and said that I was the first person to say that about his staff.

Now if I have a problem it is usually dealt with quickly and efficiently and I also called them back and thank them too.

TOT is not replying at all on compilaties. We live in Cha Am area and beside the total breakdown of their 'high speed' internet, they do not deliver what they are promising. We have THE 4-7 mB contract for download speed, But they deliver à max of 5 mB But very often much lower with in THE Evening and on THE weekend something less then 1 mB. Has anybody Same experience or has somebody suggestions How to change? Thanks/Jeroen

Couldn't access international websites in Chiang Mai for about a few hours this morning, Google and the Thaivisa Forums too. No problem with the Thai websites though. Thankfully, it just came back on a few minutes ago.

Maybe they're doing maintenance of sorts...

Noticed it being spotty for the last few days. Sometimes everything is fine. Sometimes sites load really slowly.

TOT fiber in CM. I didn't call them because I kind of assumed something like this was happening...

Edited by nikster

In Pattaya ToT international traffic is still not working. My Router couldn't even get an ToT Ip Address for about 30 Minutes.

All Ping Requests to International Sites Timed Out but http://www.scb.co.th and other in Thailand hosted sites are accessible.

I think it is a lot to do with the international gateway in/out of Thailand.

Perhaps TOT don't have enough bandwidth paid for but I suspect that the CAT is the problem as they control the gateway and they may not have paid for enough bandwidth.

I called to complain yesterday and the tech said that there was a 'nationwide problem' that they could not control...in effect, he admitted defeat and that some other <deleted> are buggering about with the circuitry...I never heard them offer that excuse before...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Well - glad it's not just me.

I have a TOT SME connection giving me between 200-400kbps most of the day and our office connection CS Loxinfo giving about 200kbps.

It's impossible to work with.

I called to complain yesterday and the tech said that there was a 'nationwide problem' that they could not control...in effect, he admitted defeat and that some other <deleted> are buggering about with the circuitry...I never heard them offer that excuse before...

Sounds like the truth to be honest...