Phuket Marathon

Newington

Hi everyone in Phuket. I am coming to Phuket next month to run in the Marathon and because I have never been to Phuket I would greatly appreciate some advice. I am very much hoping that somebody can recommend an inexpensive Hotel or Guest house as close to the start as possible just for 1 night only. The actual Marathon starts at 4-30 in the morning so I would really like if possible to find somewhere that I can walk to the start in about 10-15 minutes. The start of the race is at the Laguna Beach Resort. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

You should still be able to get a cheap room at either Best Western Allamanda Laguna Phuket or Laguna Holiday Club Resort. Have you checked? If not, I have no recommendations...you should be aware that for the Run Paradise Marathon, most of the roads and the running route are blocked off the night before and it's not easy to maneuver around our within the Laguna Phuket resort.

Good luck in your quest.

I have a friend who comes every year and we gave up trying to find a cheap hotel close.

Now, he stays near me and we drive up together.

Don't know about any roads being blocked before the race starts.

I've been in the race every year since it started.

I'll be driving up from Rawai but only running the half this year. The full marathon starts an hour earlier I believe.

I slept in my truck one year, but it was too hot to get a good nights sleep.

I don't like the early start either but, you'll be glad to have half the race finished once the sun comes out.

Good luck in the race.

Thank you so much for everyone's help. I haven't as yet found anywhere but you have pointed me In the right direction. I don't usually sleep well the night before a race so I am really just looking for something very basic. I am sure something will come up. It always does. Thanks for your help.

Hi All

When is the marathon running and where does it go from start to finish? As the OP says that it starts at 4.30am anyone know why?

I have never seen a marathon before and i am in Phuket from the 16th May for 5 nights and would love to see the runners/by-standers etc

Cheers

Pat

Hi All

When is the marathon running and where does it go from start to finish? As the OP says that it starts at 4.30am anyone know why?

I have never seen a marathon before and i am in Phuket from the 16th May for 5 nights and would love to see the runners/by-standers etc

Cheers

Pat

Starts and finishes at the Laguna complex near Cheng Talay (sp?) on June 10th this year.

There are thousands of runners and spectators so, come on out and cheer the runners on.

Turn west at the Heroine's monument and then follow the signs to Laguna.

Or, check out the race's website: http://www.phuketmarathon.com/racedetails.php

Here is the hotel details now you can choose

Laguna Holiday Club Phuket Resort From 2,316 THB

Centrally located amid the tropical surrounds of Laguna Phuket. 79 spacious suites are offered into three room types ranging from 65-113 square meters. All suites feature separate living and dining area, convenient kitchens and luxurious furnishings. Resort amenities include a free-form swimming pool with waterslide, restaurant, kid's club, game room, and Internet access in every suite plus free wireless connection in the lobby area.

Allamanda Laguna Phuket From 3,243 THB

Discover a world of spacious holiday living at Allamanda Laguna Phuket with beautifully appointed suites facing tranquil lagoons and the lush greenery of Laguna’s golf course. This exceptional suite hotel provides the comforts of home and the fun of a resort – giving you the best of both worlds for that well-deserved getaway or family holiday. The casual, relaxed interiors have a contemporary feel complemented by the resort's gentle Thai-influenced roofs. Allamanda Laguna Phuket offers a home to families, friends and corporate guests who prefer the relaxed ambience of a quiet tropical resort.

Laguna Beach Resort

Laguna Beach Resort, nestled between a tropical lagoon and the sparkling Andaman Sea, features the finest in accommodation, facilities, dining, relaxation and a stunning array of sports and leisure facilities including an extensive Water Park incorporating waterfalls, a water slide, Jacuzzi, swimming pools and a scuba pool. Low-rise architecture in the atmosphere of ancient palace grounds, amidst acres of landscaped gardens, provide an environment of ease and luxury that allows you to enjoy the Thai hospitality and indulge in sheer relaxation.

Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket From 3,333 THB

The Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket is a five-star hotel which is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World. Located amidst the tropical gardens and azure waters of the island of Phuket in Thailand. First-class accommodation overlooks a picturesque white sand beach flanked by two tranquil lagoons. The idyllic surroundings of swaying coconut palms, vast lagoons and a white sand beach belie the fact the Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket is only 22 kilometres from Phuket International Airport.

Banyan Tree Phuket From 8,550 THB

Bordered by the golden sands and gentle waves of the Andaman Sea, Banyan Tree Phuket is an oasis of peace and tranquility. A tropical paradise of extraordinary natural beauty, it has earned the honor of being voted the 'World's Best Spa Resort'. Exuding seclusion, luxury and romance, this exotic hideaway boasts only the finest facilities and ambience. A 'Land of Smiles' indeed under the sheltering canopy of the Banyan Tree.

Thanks

Edited by LivinginKata
Web link removed from signature