Australia Loses Its Fizz

folium

‘Australia Loses Its Fizz’ ……………Really, when was that then?

Growing up as a child in England my farther, (a serviceman) told me of the great deeds the Australian servicemen did, and the sacrifices they endured in the name of a free world in the 2nd world war and this was confirmed by the comics I read; ‘Commando’ and other such books……I really looked up to the Australian people as a nation. I’m not just saying this …I looked up to you guys!

Sorry, but having meet numerous ‘ambassadors’ for the country over my adult years, both in the armed services and here in Thailand………………….I now find it difficult to like Australians, I’m not trying to pick a fight…but that’s how it is. I’m sorry, but I now think Australians can drip for gold.

Does winging about winging Brits make you right because you WINGED first……….About…..Winging Brits?

Australians…..Sorry, but you, in the main come across as trying why too hard to be accepted as an equal, or my better…………………….You where more than my equal, before you started bumping your gums………………..But not so much now.

Tonto, did the Lone Ranger dump you for an australian ??? Is this what its all about. Also Tonto speak with fork tongue.. white man not understand

Drip for gold ????, bump your gums ( I assume thats not the planting of eucalyptus tress in too close a proximity to each other)??? and winging which I assume you meant whinging. Lastly Im intrigued.. what comics were you reading that enabled you to confirm your fathers comments re Australians... wasnt "Tin Tin goes Outback" or "Mrs Marple 101 Wombat Recipe book" or perhaps Lassie does his business on the Coolabah tree just near the local Billabong...

What a very strange post... not winging though... as I wouldnt want to be winging about your winging which would make me winging first unless you had actually winged before me... just following this through.. in Tonto speak is someone who is wingman a person who does the whining for you.... and what about that old steadfast " on a wing and a prayer".. makes more sense now

The fricking bastard of an Austin car wont start.... thats the winging

Dear lord, please help the Austin A95 start, if you do this for me Il shall bump my gums no more.... thats the prayer

Tonto you are to be praised for the enlightenment you have bought to this day. Ohh brother

clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif love it!

XXXX = beer, well it does around these parts come State of Origin times!

As a Victorian, I'll have to apologise for my northern mate - most Aussies wouldn't touch the vile stuff! ph34r.png

To be honest, the best way to get good beer in Australia is to get on a plane to New Zealand.

I think oz wine is much better than it's beer... maybe why the tastes are changing, but on a 40 degree day ? beer.

We put our cask red wine in the fridge. laugh.png

And drink it with ice. smile.png

Wrong ... we only put the ice in the glass of cask red wine till the fridge has had the chance to cool the cask appropriately.

You really are not a wine con-a-sir are you?

Edited by David48

I think oz wine is much better than it's beer... maybe why the tastes are changing, but on a 40 degree day ? beer.

Wrong ... we only put the ice in the glass of cask red wine till the fridge has had the chance to cool the cask appropriately.

You really are not a wine con-a-sir are you?

Plus any Aussie worth his (or her salt) would have a couple of glasses in the freezer ... just in case of emergencies.

As a Victorian, I'll have to apologise for my northern mate - most Aussies wouldn't touch the vile stuff! ph34r.png

To be honest, the best way to get good beer in Australia is to get on a plane to New Zealand.

They tend to fly it over to Australia now where they can sell it for more

I'm not surprised. I'm not a beer drinker at all myself.

Younger generation likes the max alcohol per litre drinking experience and tend ot go for the ready to drink bourbon/cola, vodka/orange types of drinks now. A case of the RTDs doesn't cost much more more than a case of beer really. A case of Vodka Cruisers (24) is about $60. You can buy a cleanskin bottle of wine for between $2-$4 at Dan murphys

Actually the latest party trick over here.

At my mates' sons' 18th birthday party they were skulling the bladder from a cask wine.

Passing it around so they all had a good hit.

The youth of today ... no decorum.

Back in my day, the party trick was to see who could open the stubby with his eye socket.

Lol I thought I did already

Losing your focus as the big match approaches migsy? I put it down to nerves...rolleyes.gif

But the first Rugby League State of Origin isn't till next Wednesday ... 10 days away.

Good point David. I am offtopic2.gif . I invite the mod concerned to delete my post. tongue.png

Meanwhile, back at the OP's original question and the demise of the beer swilling Aussie ...

We have been smart enough to combine both the enjoyment of the Amber drop and a healthy drop of 'traditional' Culture and combine them is a way that only Australia could ...

EDIT:- To enjoy this at it fullest, please turn the sound up!

EDIT:- #2 For thos inclined to ask, the music is "O Fortuna" from Carl Orff's Carmina Burana.

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

Meanwhile, back at the OP's original question and the demise of the beer swilling Aussie ...

We have been smart enough to combine both the enjoyment of the Amber drop and a healthy drop of 'traditional' Culture and combine them is a way that only Australia could ...

EDIT:- To enjoy this at it fullest, please turn the sound up!

It is proper feel good that one. thumbsup.gif

True. I'd much prefer a Monteith's Original Ale than any CUB product!

Some Aussie reds are only drinkable watered down. biggrin.png

(No, not a connoisseur, but used to sell the stuff. Much prefer gin.)

Some Aussie reds are only drinkable watered down. biggrin.png

(No, not a connoisseur, but used to sell the stuff. Much prefer gin.)

Ahhh....Todd river.....fond memories.

Hawke's Bay merlot ain't bad! smile.png

Can't believe I posted that on a Monday morning....whistling.gif

That's OK smokie36 ... because here in Australia, where I am reading it, the sun is well past the Yard Arm.

EDIT:- Just noticed ... you changed your byline

Edited by David48

EDIT:- Just noticed ... you changed your byline

I hope you all like it. I've given up my ad space for the greater good. wink.png

Edit: I might be changing it monthly so feel free to drop me a PM with any suggestions you might have. thumbsup.gif

Edited by smokie36

Sorry guys. Not Thailand related

Mind you, nothing against Aussies.

In fact I quite like most of them smile.png

third time lucky :lol:

this time you have to go.

sorry boys and girls :D

• Like 1