Thailand Needs Cricket

Yes, BMXing is in the Olympics!

Cricket, while obviously not comparable to major sports like BMXing that warrant inclusion in the Olympics, has been in the Commonwealth games before and could return in the future.

Cricket in the Commonwealth games makes sense. It really should be seen to be one of the pinnacles of the sport.

You know, I get Mountain biking as a sport for the Olympics, but BMXing?

Its a precursor to the BMX - Mountain Climbing - Diving Skeet event.

Competitors will climb a climbing wall with a shotgun and a BMX bike on their back, shoot clay pigeons while performing a wheelie on the BMX, then performs stunts as they ride off the end of the - oh, did I mention the wall led up to a high diving board?

Could also be a candidate for a 'synchronised' event, and the equestrian chaps may take up the idea as well

SC

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to the team......clap2.gif and feel free to add your thought as to why

"Thailand Needs Cricket"

I'm sure you will have many........thumbsup.gif

Already have! Number 1 reason is because then Australia has another team to smash AND the expat poms in LOS can then help explain to the Thai team why they will never beat Australia at cricket and its OK to CRY because England looses to them all the timecheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Imagine Richie Benaud calling the game "packed house here tonight at the SCG (Sukhumvit Cricket Ground) Shane Warne bowling from the soi end" cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif....Bet I get a few likes for that!

As you have just joined the "Thailand Needs Cricket" team, I would like to bring to your attention that our team has members from mainly the UK, Australia and possibly other countries......clap2.gif

As a team, we try to teach members that whether we win or loose, we will be better people just from participating.....thumbsup.gif

Having said that, I must say that I can't give you a "Like" for your post.......sad.png

however as you learn the values of our team I am sure that your following posts will attract many "Likes".......thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

yeah right-o, so its not win or loose its how you play the game? is that what your saying? You must be from England then?thumbsup.gif

Should have stated....I'm am Aussie through and through.......clap2.gifbut also have a bit of Thai, through marriage...thumbsup.gif

As there are over 4000 replys I apologise in advance if the issue of 'tea' has already been covered, but when I played it was the most important part of the whole day, (well for me it was).

In the spirit of the original concept of the OP I would like to suggest that this could be the point of the big reveal, where the locals are shown that cricket is in fact a beautiful game and not a deep fried snack.

Edited by Cobalt60

It would be interesting to see what a Thai who had never seen a cricket ball before in his or her life would do if a ball was given a mighty thwack and sent for a six, right at the poor Thai spectator attending thier first game, would they try to avoid while not being able to move due to the inability to decide which way to go in a moment of panic just before waking up in hospital, would they play spectator ten pin with them being the bowling ball and the other spectators being the pins, or would they pull off the perfect out of field catch to rapturous applause?

It would be interesting to see what a Thai who had never seen a cricket ball before in his or her life would do if a ball was given a mighty thwack and sent for a six, right at the poor Thai spectator attending thier first game, would they try to avoid while not being able to move due to the inability to decide which way to go in a moment of panic just before waking up in hospital, would they play spectator ten pin with them being the bowling ball and the other spectators being the pins, or would they pull off the perfect out of field catch to rapturous applause?

Just as long as they throw the ball back!

As there are over 4000 replys I apologise in advance if the issue of 'tea' has already been covered, but when I played it was the most important part of the whole day, (well for me it was).

In the spirit of the original concept of the OP I would like to suggest that this could be the point of the big reveal, where the locals are shown that cricket is in fact a beautiful game and not a deep fried snack.

We had better be very clear what we mean when we mention the word 'tea' to the Thai populace.

Should have stated....I'm am Aussie through and through.......clap2.gifbut also have a bit of Thai, through marriage...thumbsup.gif

And u have the Aussie themed Avatar kevjohn!

And the correct facial expression. As my Dad always said "gotta hold yah mouth the right way"

We will have to be very very careful if we have cushions in the stands.

Too true harrry. Trouble runs in our family.

Here is a photo of my brother at a recent cricket match. We asked him to look after the drinks cart and he passed out drunk!

post-147205-0-74866800-1344599374_thumb.

Here is a photo of my brother at a recent cricket match. We asked him to look after the drinks cart and he passed out drunk!

At least the cushions were safe.....smile.png

That was the after photo.

Edited by harrry

That was the after photo.

I can mix it up a bit you know boys! I don't always need the cushions...

Lunch break entertainment for Thailand Cricket.

I'm sure we all have some ideas up the sleeves of our whites. What are yours? Let me start by sharing mine.

Forget about Kanga Cricket and a 100 metre dash with a bunch of 1st grader no namers battling out the glory!

What we need is Muay Thai boxing with a twist!

The twist is that the matches are fought out between two current or former INTERNATIONAL Cricketers who simply do not like each other.

Just imagine the following grudge matches:

Dennis Lillee Vs Javed Miandad

Arjuna Ranatunga Vs Shane Warne

Michael Clarke Vs members of his current team

Rahul Dravid Vs any number of contenders

Imagine the action! The excitement! Cricketer V Cricketer thrashing out their grievances, in a format all Thai people can relate to. Wow! A full day of cricket with a Muay thai boxing match. What more could a Thai person want?

I'm sure we all have some ideas up the sleeves of our whites. What are yours? Let me start by sharing mine.

Forget about Kanga Cricket and a 100 metre dash with a bunch of 1st grader no namers battling out the glory!

The twist is that the matches are fought out between two current or former INTERNATIONAL Cricketers who simply do not like each other.

Imagine the action! The excitement! Cricketer V Cricketer thrashing out their grievances, in a format all Thai people can relate to. Wow! A full day of cricket with a Muay thai boxing match. What more could a Thai person want?

Cricket sandwiches and cheerleaders.

A Roller to cruise around in.

We've got it all!

SC

TV Cricket

The team with everything

And two knees

We've got it all!

SC

TV Cricket

The team with everything

And two knees

Lets not forget Rons Calypso jazz band truck!

Edited by BookMan

We've got it all!

SC

TV Cricket

The team with everything

And two knees

Lets not forget Rons Calypso jazz band truck!

And, the Cheer Squad, cheering the Muay Thai Match.

Will the cricket sandwiches be made of roasted, fried or barbequed crickets?

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

Or boiled, broiled or baked in the sun

White bread, whole grain or wholemeal, sliced or bun, with or without butter/marg, so many options to consider while the willow waits for the ball.

Will the cricket sandwiches be made of roasted, fried or barbequed crickets?

Or boiled, broiled or baked in the sun

White bread, whole grain or wholemeal, sliced or bun, with or without butter/marg, so many options to consider while the willow waits for the ball.

I think I will have my Cricket sandwiches "dip" with as few nice beers to wash them down.