Thailand Needs Cricket

What's cricket ?

In Thailand, a cricket game is where the young lads take their 100cc V8's to try and impress or Cheer Squad Leaders......smile.png

Learn't something today/ smile.png

Yeah, well, we do try to keep our posts a enlightening as possible.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wonder why very few countries play cricket. Is there an answer out there.?

Some of the countries, that dont play, are to busy fighting and the rest dont have a Cheer Squad.

Edited by kevjohn

What's cricket ?

A fun way to fix the world

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

I am rather concerned about the beach game. What will we do if a ball hits a jetski...a bat is hardly enough protection.

laugh.png

And it will be at least 20 000 Baht damage

Is that for the damaged bat?

Some of the counyries, that dont play, are to busy fighting and the rest dont have a Cheer Squad.

Well, just thought about it. The game really is 100% UK/ Colony based. Nobody else seems to be interested. Wonder why. Must confess l have no interest at all. Even read about match fixing in CRICKET, God forbid, but yes it's there. sad.png

No match fixing in our game.......forbidden by God....wink.png

China already has ping-pong, the Japanese already have sumo wrestling, the USA has back-to-front rugby, Russians have lost interest in team activities since the fall of communism, and continental Europeans don't believe in competition... Thailand is the obvious exception that is crying out for cricket to fill the void and fix the multitude of minor (and a few major) imperfections with its society.... Thailand Needs Cricket

China already has ping-pong, the Japanese already have sumo wrestling, the USA has back-to-front rugby, Russians have lost interest in team activities since the fall of communism, and continental Europeans don't believe in competition... Thailand is the obvious exception that is crying out for cricket to fill the void and fix the multitude of minor (and a few major) imperfections with its society.... Thailand Needs Cricket

Boss, how many times am I going to have to agree with you re why "Thailand Needs Cricket"?

Edited by kevjohn

I think we need to think this through a bit more carefully

I am not sure Russian involvement in cricket is necessarily a good idea

I wouldn't mind a few of the Natashas trying out for the Cheerleaders squad,.

Whoa!! Its a big call. No Russians.

What's your thinking brit1984?

Given the shame that Pakistan has recently brought to the game of cricket, I think the MCC and the ICC should use all their available powers to prevent another kleptocracy from tarnishing the sport...

transam said

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, good umpire, no arguments with him eh. whistling.gif

+1...thumbsup.gif

Yeh, imagine if the same umpire came forward to mediate and speak on ALL this worlds woes. Hmmmmm. wai.gif

+1........run out of "Likes"

I suspect there are some lurkers who may be reading this thread but not knowing whether to join in (possibly worried whether their point has been covered already or will not be understood)...

To the lurkers I say, be bold, be brave and post without fear. However ill-informed, irrelevant or even incomprehensible your post, it will not be ignored, you will not be flamed and your contribution will be welcomed..

So lurkers... "Thailand Needs Cricket", please discuss...

I suspect there are some lurkers who may be reading this thread but not knowing whether to join in (possibly worried whether their point has been covered already or will not be understood)...

To the lurkers I say, be bold, be brave and post without fear. However ill-informed, irrelevant or even incomprehensible your post, it will not be ignored, you will not be flamed and your contribution will be welcomed..

I will flame, ooooooop's perhaps not, as l get unpaid holidays. whistling.gif

..."unpaid" holidays...

Now I am intrigued... are you being paid to post on TV? How much do you get per post?

You must be rich... would you like to donate some to support our mission?... we can put your photo on kevjohn's bat...

..."unpaid" holidays...

Now I am intrigued... are you being paid to post on TV? How much do you get per post?

You must be rich... would you like to donate some to support our mission?... we can put your photo on kevjohn's bat...

Or put your name on his helmet...

Never fear transam....ws has not shown his face here.......yet.

Now is probably a good moment to re-iterate our thanks to the umpires for consistently giving the batsmen the benefit of any doubt...

There is nothing worse than being given out leg-before-wicket or caught-behind, when you know you hit it or didn't hit respectively...

Edited by brit1984

I must have read this at the opportune time!

Its been busy here at the 20/20 tournament.

I only have the smartphone app for posting, and it is not conducive to easy postings.

I'm making some good contacts here and everyone is excited about the renewed interest in Cricket in Thailand. The fact that a major multi country sponsor has been brought on board has gotten quite a few key industry players asking for more information.

The Russian agent is very very excited. Although the Cricket scene in Russia is almost non existent, Sergei believe that there is a HUGE potential for Russian tourists to go to Pattaya for 'Beach Cricket Holidays.

He has already shown me the Russian uniform.

For the men it is skin tight multi coloured striped shorts. No shirt.

For the woman a bikini, two sizes too small.

Sergei informs me all Russian people have 3 or 4 sets of this very uniform in their cupboards as i write.

The beauty of this immediate Beach Cricket Holidays for Russians is that Sergei informs me that the Russians will want to play Thai teams in the holiday tournaments and of course will be paying money for the experience.

This is fantastic news on so many fronts! The Thais now have some financial motivation to get together a large number of players to make up the teams required.

Oh yes, Pattaya , the future home of Russian Thai Beach Cricket

Paying more notice to your post re uniforms

Does the male uniform...re... No shirt, mean they will require a tatoo so that they will be identifiable?

This could generate some income for the local temples.

And for the ladies uniforms being 2 sizes to small, will that be size 20 or 18?

As you know, most clothing store in Thailand dont have anything bigger than size 10 so more income for the bikini makers.

A tattoo may not be enough....they are rather hirsute.....maybe we can interest a chain of waxing parlours to become sponsors.

A waxing parlour? What a great idea. Somewhere we could go to wax eloquent, reminiscing over past glories and escapades, tales of derring-do...

So would that be like the pubs down sukhumvit, then? I must say, that the Russian gentlemen I have seen in Pattaya have tended to the waxing waxy, while the ladies often appear to be waning wanly.

If one waxes one's mustache, surely there is no need to refrain from waxing one's back as well? Though I imagine it would appear a little outré at first, until the fashion was established. Of course, one of the perils of waxing one's 'tache is the risk of accusation of tampering, should one's balls appear excessively polished. I believe ball-waxing is a definite no-no in cricket

SC

TV Cricket

Wax your legs, wax our 'tache

but leave your balls alone

EDIT: Added "to refrain", to the refrain of "That changes everything!"

Edited by StreetCowboy

I was as a lad caught with my leg before wicket and her dad couldn't half run fast. whistling.gif

Possibly not appropriate in this instance, but, from the Bungalow Bill School of Tiger Hunting

"You'll never outrun a tiger"

"So long as I outrun you, I'm OK"

SC

..."unpaid" holidays...

Or put your name on his helmet...

STOP IT! None of that, please

SC

I think we need to think this through a bit more carefully

I am not sure Russian involvement in cricket is necessarily a good idea

I wouldn't mind a few of the Natashas trying out for the Cheerleaders squad,.

Whoa!! Its a big call. No Russians.

What's your thinking brit1984?

Given the shame that Pakistan has recently brought to the game of cricket, I think the MCC and the ICC should use all their available powers to prevent another kleptocracy from tarnishing the sport...

We should rise above the failings of our fellows, and show them the example of virtue, integrity and tolerance to which all cricketers aspire.

We should not be punishing nations or nationalities for their errant few; that would be like castigating Rabbi Burns for the verse of McGonnagal.

Don't get me wrong, there is no place on TV for match-fixing (unlike necrophilia, or rugby league)* and those guilty should be excoriated in no uncertain terms, but their compatriots should not suffer for their sins

SC

TV Cricket

All the virtues that two knees can bring

* On which topic**, does anyone know where to catch the MacTavish Cup, other than Alba?

** Things for which there is no place on TV

We should rise above the failings of our fellows, and show them the example of virtue, integrity and tolerance to which all cricketers aspire.

We should not be punishing nations or nationalities for their errant few; that would be like castigating Rabbi Burns for the verse of McGonnagal.

Don't get me wrong, there is no place on TV for match-fixing (unlike necrophilia, or rugby league)* and those guilty should be excoriated in no uncertain terms, but their compatriots should not suffer for their sins

SC

TV Cricket

* On which topic**, does anyone know where to catch the MacTavish Cup, other than Alba?

Funniest footnotes I have seen since my investment banking days...

I was as a lad caught with my leg before wicket and her dad couldn't half run fast. whistling.gif

Possibly not appropriate in this instance, but, from the Bungalow Bill School of Tiger Hunting

"You'll never outrun a tiger"

"So long as I outrun you, I'm OK"

SC

..."Possibly not appropriate"

... funniest (reverse) caveat I have seen since my investment banking days...

SC

TV Cricket

By the way, in this case "there is no place on TV for match-fixing" was not meant by way of complaint or helpful suggestion to the moderators

SC

TV Cricket

All's fair in cricket

and more so our cheerleaders

SC

TV Cricket

By the way, in this case "there is no place on TV for match-fixing" was not meant by way of complaint or helpful suggestion to the moderators

SC

TV Cricket

All's fair in cricket

I was lego too

SC

TV Cricket

SC

TV Cricket

All's fair in cricket

I was lego too

For those too lazy to follow through - or too concerned about their undergarments - that might seem like a non-sequitor

SC

TV Cricket

The Team with Two Knees

To avoid the wrath of moderators, and make a pretence of relevance, though it does not seem to play - for which I apologise

I am rather concerned about the beach game. What will we do if a ball hits a jetski...a bat is hardly enough protection.

Indeed, we wouldn't want sponsor boards bearing our name to be displayed at a murder scene...

Indeed, we wouldn't want sponsor boards bearing our name to be displayed at a murder scene...

Suicide scene. The jetski operators were trying to save him, alas in vain, and he committed suicide by repeatedly beating himself around the head with a blunt instrument.

SC

TV Cricket

These boots were made for walking

But the knees were meant to run