Beer In Thailand

Seismic

well, it's about the same with Chang, Singha and Leo...drinking beer in Thailand is a losing proposition...I stick to the vodka and orange juice...

I tell you what I have started to do during this hot spell... I splash a small amount of "Queen" lemon squash ( Tesco Lotus 46 Baht a bottle) into the bottom of a glass and pour in ice cold Chang Export.

It looks and tastes bloody excellent...

all right, that sounds like a good one! I wondered about using V8 vegetable juice for the same purpose...gotta try it sometime...

the triumph of western ingenuity!

As Tafia has said it is all lager anyway and I normally prefer Bitter.

However adding a dash of Queen Lemon squash it really brings back the lager and lime days of my yoof..

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The range of beers available in Thailand is poor, I get a bigger range in one pub in England, so this is one of the downsides of living in Thailand but we have to balance this with the prices the beer in England is often 3 times the price!

We all have different tastes so what suits one does not suit another. Archa is ok once in a while, Chang Export is ok as well and Chang draught at 4.2% is good if you are having a session. As I only drink one or two a day I will put with the situation as Thailand has the overal better quality of life for me.

I will remember a pint of Batemans XXXB and Adnams Broadside and drift away now.

The range of beers in Thailand is poor because it is all about protecting the local industry. You can buy imported beers but they are not in large quantities. You can buy XXXX and V.B from Australia at TOPS. The immatation Fosters is available also but not the Aussie Fosters.

There's a lot of opinions floating around here but for me, I say this and stand by it.....

I've never had a beer IN THAT BEERS COUNTRY that I didn't thoroughly enjoy.

That's all I have to say about that.

Kenny

well, thats one of us. I think most, if not all mass produced thai beers are essentially poison.

For pure flavour I don't think you can go past Heineken. Not that I want to drink it every day, but when the other beers start to taste a bit bland, I have a Heineken to wake up the taste buds. Pity they don't have the Heineken Dark here. Just about any ice-cold beer on a stinking hot day tastes like nectar to me.

Edited by giddyup

For pure flavour I don't think you can go past Heineken. Not that I want to drink it every day, but when the other beers start to taste a bit bland, I have a Heineken to wake up the taste buds. Pity they don't have the Heineken Dark here. Just about any ice-cold beer on a stinking hot day tastes like nectar to me.

Excuse me !! I know my taste buds arn't quite what they used to be but when did Heinecr@p develop a flavour ?

• Like 2

Excuse me !! I know my taste buds arn't quite what they used to be but when did Heinecr@p develop a flavour ?

One man's meat is another man's poison.

Heineken is tramps piss.

• Like 2

well, it's about the same with Chang, Singha and Leo...drinking beer in Thailand is a losing proposition...I stick to the vodka and orange juice...

I tell you what I have started to do during this hot spell... I splash a small amount of "Queen" lemon squash ( Tesco Lotus 46 Baht a bottle) into the bottom of a glass and pour in ice cold Chang Export.

Haven't any of you buggers tried this yet ???

Heineken is tramps piss.

Never tried tramp's piss myself, but if you say so,

I don't believe I would class beer Leo with the likes of Archa and Chang.

Well understood, that Chang domestic isn't really beer and a bad rep. Archa is it's worst cousin.

all right, that sounds like a good one! I wondered about using V8 vegetable juice for the same purpose...gotta try it sometime...

lemme get this right - you're suggesting mixing beer and V8?

i'm intrigued..... i recall when i worked in the states some years ago guys in louisianna recommending tomato juice and beer.

what proportions do you mix it?

lemme get this right - you're suggesting mixing beer and V8?

i'm intrigued..... i recall when i worked in the states some years ago guys in louisianna recommending tomato juice and beer.

what proportions do you mix it?

I am suggesting putting in a dash of Queens lemon squash syrup with Chang Export....It makes a lovely 70's style lager and lime!!

Heineken is tramps piss.

Popular with some MC-Club members, especially those wearing vests with silly symbols. tongue.png

Edited by Semper

Heineken is tramps piss.

Popular with MC-Clubs, especially those wearing vests with silly symbols. tongue.png

Hey, I drink it because I like the taste, don't label people. It's also been the world's most popular beer at least 22 years in a row,so there must be a lot of MC members out there.

Heineken, the lager produced by the Dutch brewing company of the same name, was the most popular beer of 2009, with sales of 11 million hectolitres (1100,000,000 litres). It claimed the title for the 22nd year in a row.

Edited by giddyup

Heineken is tramps piss.

Popular with MC-Clubs, especially those wearing vests with silly symbols. tongue.png

Hey, I drink it because I like the taste, don't label people.

I'm not labeling anyone. It was just an observation. smile.png

Edited by Semper

Heineken is tramps piss.

Hey, I drink it because I like the taste, don't label people. It's also been the world's most popular beer at least 22 years in a row,so there must be a lot of MC members out there.

Heineken, the lager produced by the Dutch brewing company of the same name, was the most popular beer of 2009, with sales of 11 million hectolitres (1100,000,000 litres). It claimed the title for the 22nd year in a row.

I think you're quoting the wrong post. I didn't complain over Heineken Beer.

I think you're quoting the wrong post. I didn't complain over Heineken Beer.

(... because of the allowed number of quoted blocks of text I removed a quote related to the amount of piss produced :-) ...)

Noted, but I think it's time to complain: a most populous state is not always necessarily a popular one (by definition) whether you think in terms of rainwater, fish, number of inhabitants of current German states or whatever comes to mind.

"Noted, but I think it's time to complain: a most populous state is not always necessarily a popular one (by definition) whether you think in terms of rainwater, fish, number of inhabitants of current German states or whatever comes to mind."

Sorry, call me thick, but what does that statement mean?

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

Heineken and beer in the same post. Give it a rest. If I could get a decent better down here, I'd be happy.

I assume you mean bitter, not better. You probably miss jellied eels as well. Beer, like most things in life, is a purely personal thing. I'd rather drink my own p*ss than luke warm bitter beer.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

Heineken and beer in the same post. Give it a rest. If I could get a decent better down here, I'd be happy.

I assume you mean bitter, not better. You probably miss jellied eels as well. Beer, like most things in life, is a purely personal thing. I'd rather drink my own p*ss than luke warm bitter beer.

Hmmmmmmm...........NO!

Heineken is tramps piss.

Highest-grossing films[9] Rank Title 1 Avatar 2 Titanic Dagger-14-plain.png 3 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2

The worlds 3 highest grossing films in history.

They are all shit.

isn't heineken brewed under licence in Thailand? I find that it tastes like soap and unlike Heineken from Holland...undrinkable!