Beer In Thailand

Seismic

Did you ever try Heineken to clean your car when it's really dirty and shows some scratches from the BKK traffic? See here what to do:

- fill half a bucket with water;

- buy a sixpack Heineken or wait until a Hollander brings you this as present (not recommended seen the small chance that he would buy a SIX-pack!);

- don't cool it. Dish cleaner is also not stored in the fridge;

- mix the content of the Heineken bottles with the fresh water and stir;

- start cleaning the car with a quality sponge and thoroughly rince with fresh water to remove all remaining Heineken chemicals and ingredients;

- dry with soft cloth or synthetic fabric;

- when completely dry (after one hour or so) rob the surface gently with a dry soft tissue.

No detergent can beat Heineken! Your car will shine like new!

PS.: some people also drink this detergent...

Can't believe that people would actually drink it as no self respecting dog will go near your mag wheels after you have used it.

Yeah, right. Only about 100 million drink it, but I suppose you don't think any of them have any taste?

I don't think that at all,in fact I don't mind it(don't tell anyone)But it isn't my 1st choice.I believe that it is brewed in Thailand and to my tastes is not as good as the original from Holland.Maybe it is the water here that makes it different.I had a simular problem with my 1st choice in Australia which originally came fromTasmania and after mergers,takeovers etc it ended up being brewed in maybe every state and where I lived in West Australia it just wasn't as good.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a regular brewer in the UK, used a Boots kit as the base then up to Waitrose for some herbs and spices or down the woods , made some really good stuff as well, I got rid of all the equipment when I moved out to Thailand. UNfortunately the local boots dont stock any of own brand brewing kits! The biggest problem I could forsee, if I were to reprise by old hobby would be to get hold of a good 5 gallon pressure barrel ( I never found bottling was as successful ) Every time I go past the water butts I see in BIG C I remember that that would do the job for the initial fermentation. Never seen malted hops or malted anything in Thailand though dont know about you? Perhaps I just look in the wrong place!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried SIngha or Chang light ? If so are they more pleasurable to drink ? I couldn't buy them due to the no buying in the afternoon thing.

Singha Light is okay but hard to find in many places.In the Lotus stores i have visited you can only buy it in single bottles or cans.They wont sell it by the carton.

Bought some in Makro (Chonburi) today. Not tried one yet though.

burp.gif

Has anyone tried SIngha or Chang light ? If so are they more pleasurable to drink ? I couldn't buy them due to the no buying in the afternoon thing.

Singha Light is okay but hard to find in many places.In the Lotus stores i have visited you can only buy it in single bottles or cans.They wont sell it by the carton.

Bought some in Makro (Chonburi) today. Not tried one yet though.

Hope you enjoy it.Were you able to buy a carton or did you have to buy it in single bottles/cans? Edited by Ron19