Beer Leo

robbo1

I think you'll find this on the international market but listed under "Toxic Substances" along with "Heinecrap and Singa" !!

On the other hand I would think any beer tastes better than the rubbish you guys drink !!

Edited by monsieurhappy

Another one of the million "beer in Thailand" threads and the foreseeable results (religous war).

I drink LEO regularly, no renal failure, no hangover (I do not drink a box though).

Singha tastes like some medicine to me.

And yes, I wish some good German or Czech beer would be available here for a reasonable price (in that case I would dump LEO and all the others).

Just dreaming wink.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

I find Leo wishy washy. Don't mind the odd Singha, but if I haven't drunk it for a while it seems sweet. I do enjoy a Chang. Just as long as it's icy cold.

As much as I also like European beers. I find them too heavy for a tropical climate.

Also my favourite tipple here.

It is available in Australia. And has been for quite a few years.

I have seen it at Trader Dukes and quite a few other Liquor barns around Queensland.

Mind you, at $2.40 - $2.60 a 330 ml can (and take a close look at the bottled date) I always wait until I am back here to sample it.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by Thai Chi

Used to be a Leo guy but converted to Chang EXPORT in my opinion the best Thai beer, if you haven't tried it give it a go-

Same for me, but still quite happy with a Leo if Export not available.

But be careful, on Thai Visa you are nor supposed to praise Thai beer (see a thread currently running on the Whingers/General forum).

Valentines day here in Namsomnia, the road is closed both ends and our shop is in the middle, Its a two day affair, [and 2 nights], 1st night mrs sold 15 boxes of Leo, and numerours cans, 8 bottles of Chang classic and a few cans, 1 bottle of Archa, 2nd and final night, 17boxes of Leo,204 pints, lots of cans and and 11 bottles of Chang, and a few tins, 1 bottle of Archa which i drunk waiting for the Leo to cool,

Chang fills my stomach with butterflys, or thats what it feels like next morning, Leo, absolutely no problems, 4/5/6 bottles in the evening, sleep good and wake ok, so Leo is definitly the best and favorite beer in Namsom Province,,

Valentines day here in Namsomnia, the road is closed both ends and our shop is in the middle, Its a two day affair, [and 2 nights], 1st night mrs sold 15 boxes of Leo, and numerours cans, 8 bottles of Chang classic and a few cans, 1 bottle of Archa, 2nd and final night, 17boxes of Leo,204 pints, lots of cans and and 11 bottles of Chang, and a few tins, 1 bottle of Archa which i drunk waiting for the Leo to cool,

Chang fills my stomach with butterflys, or thats what it feels like next morning, Leo, absolutely no problems, 4/5/6 bottles in the evening, sleep good and wake ok, so Leo is definitly the best and favorite beer in Namsom Province,,

Well said Lickey Leo is the best beer I used to average about 4 king browns a night while over in LOS and wake up fresh the next morning and go for a morning walk with a stick to protect from all the bloody dogs in Loei.

Leo or San Miguel light are the only beers to drink here. Chang and Singha equally awful and as for Heineken it's disgusting! I/'d rather drink Pepsi than any of those 3. Just wish they sold Beer Lao here!

Used to be a Leo guy but converted to Chang EXPORT in my opinion the best Thai beer, if you haven't tried it give it a go-

Same for me, but still quite happy with a Leo if Export not available.

But be careful, on Thai Visa you are nor supposed to praise Thai beer (see a thread currently running on the Whingers/General forum).

Yeah, unless you want to be "suspended ... Like a kid put on a timeout" best to not criticize something a TV Moderator supports.

• Like 2

Leo is my local beer of choice - however when drinking any local brew to excess I feel my spleen bleed....

Thus, given the competition Leo is the favourable choice, particularly when very well chilled...

Oh, it also appears they do sell Beer Laos now in Bangkok (I got some from Big C)

I inhaled the fumes of a Leo and almost got Renal Failure, for Thai beers I'll stick to Singha. Stella's a lovely lady to hangout with when I'm back in Europe.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Can't you just get a decent Becks, Holsteiner, could list a few hundred now in Europe.....German beer. Sepp Eelee...

I'd go for Lao beer in LOS

What's so bad about Archa beer please, served by Ying's Luck.....wai.gif

Edited by sirchai

Ice cold Leo for me. When I first came to LOS I drank Singa. Next day I would have the shits. Now that I drink Leo no problems. 500 baht for a box of long necks.

Good value ay mate 500 baht for 12 king browns can't complain about that.

Ice cold Leo for me. When I first came to LOS I drank Singa. Next day I would have the shits. Now that I drink Leo no problems. 500 baht for a box of long necks.

Good value ay mate 500 baht for 12 king browns can't complain about that.

Leo for me but some times i like a chang classic, or go to the micro brewery in the underground at the Pullman here in Khon kaen and have a few of there home brew German beers.