Silver Dogtag

swagman

Try the road that goes diagonally away from Chiang Mai Gate towards Airport central, lots of silver shops down there and if you show them what you want they will make it for you, took them a week to make a silver chain to my design.

I let make mine in Airport Plaza, 4th floor: A small booth engraving US army style tags (stainless steel). It was 500 THB (for two sides) but since it's not a real engraving but kind of melting process and it's not really deep I would let them do the lasering two or three times on the same clamping next time. Shouldn't be too expensive an maybe worth the trial.

After about 1/2 year now mine is a little bit worn out but still readable.

You may also look at this older thread: http://www.thaivisa....gency-neck-tag/

In the meanwhile I found one shop at Wualai Rd. (18° 46’ 50.36” N, 98° 59’ 14.51” E) where they can make the same style from real silver with a real engraving but they asked for 3'000 THB what I found too expensive. I asked all other silver shops in Wualai Rd. but nowhere else they can do it.

Cross my fingers it will never be necessary to make use of our tags ...

Edited by rebo

There is an engraving set up at the night bazaar. At the corner where Mcdonalds and Subway are. Otherwise there is another on the ground floor of Airport Plaza near the aquarium. Never got anything done so don't know the prices