Carl'S Jr.

arkom

I was back in USA about a month ago and had to eat at CJs. This was in northern California. I noticed that they changed their fries. It was really fresh and tasty ... very similar to In-N-Out fries (which are cut fresh).

Was wondering if the fries are good at BKK CJs or disgusting like McD fries?

I used to go to BK in BKK sometimes as BK in Singapore really sucks. Taste nothing like BK back in USA.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand BK's hamburgers taste nothing like the BK's back in the States...

As for fries, I like the fries CJ's serves here... I think they're a little thicker than the McD's variety. But the ones I've had from CJ's lately usually have been nicely done, hot out of the fryer, not overly salted, etc etc..

A lof of people like McD's fries, though I'm not one of them, especially when they've sat out for a while... A lot of it comes down to personal preferences.

The one thing I like about CJ's burgers here, at least the ones I order, is they don't load them down with all kinds of sauces and relishes... I just want a decent bun, a charbroiled beef patty, some fresh lettuce, tomato and onion slices, and a little mayo or sauce. To me, that's what a hamburger ought to taste like, like you cooked at home on a barbecue.

The last time I went to BK here, ordered a burger and looked inside, all the various glop inside looked like something out of a horror movie!!! bah.gif

So.. Is this the best place for burgers in Bangkok?

probably not, I enjoy this burger blog about various places in the City to get a burger worth a read,

http://www.bangkokburgerblog.com/

That's a pretty good blog, but there are many places in BKK for good burgers. I think Bustop, Green Mango have been mentioned, but another place that serves an excellent burger for 110 Baht (130 with NZ cheese), (and serves it with fries or American style potato salad just like in the U.S.) is a place called Mali restaurant on the corner of Sathorn Soi 1 and Soi Ngam Du Pree.. A little known secret for you all.

Edited by keemapoot
  • Like 1

Thanks for the burger suggestions... Mali is news to me...

As for Bustop, I assume you mean on Suk Soi 4 near Nana Plaza. I had a steak burger and fries there some years ago that was decent, but don't think I've ever tried their straight hamburgers.

Back in those days, I was single and on the loose. These days, happily domesticated, and the Thai wife isn't overly excited about excursions to Suk Soi 4, and I'm not overly excited about bringing her there.

Thanks for the burger suggestions... Mali is news to me...

As for Bustop, I assume you mean on Suk Soi 4 near Nana Plaza. I had a steak burger and fries there some years ago that was decent, but don't think I've ever tried their straight hamburgers.

Back in those days, I was single and on the loose. These days, happily domesticated, and the Thai wife isn't overly excited about excursions to Suk Soi 4, and I'm not overly excited about bringing her there.

Yeah, Bustop Soi 4. I had some foreign friends in town, so had to make the obligatory tour of Nana, which I also never visit, and did eat burgers at bustop last week, they were still good. Mali is a great little place that has been there forever, owned by an American & Thai guy. their Thai food is even better than their farang food.

It's Carl's Jr.'s 71st Anniversary!

It all began in Los Angeles on July 17, 1941 when an Ohio farmer's son,

Carl Karcher and his wife Margaret

took a leap of faith in the American free-enterprise system;

they borrowed $311 on their Plymouth automobile, combined it with $15 in savings,

and purchased a hot dog cart on the corner of Florence and Central Streets.

From that day, Carl's Jr. has grown to over 3,000 restaurants, world-wide!

Carl's Jr. six dollar burger (costs around 4 bucks however just a name) is the best fast food burger out there at least here in the states. The shakes, etc. are excellent as well.

Have you ever tried In-N-Out Burger?

BTW, they tried Carl's at the end of Wireless (Phetburi side) about 15 years ago. It last about 2-3 years and then vanished. Bad location, obviously.