Looking For A Nice Place To Go For A Long Weekend.

CiaranO

The long weekend in June is fast approaching and was wondering if anyone had some good ideas for a break away.? Somewhere not to far from Phuket but with some nice walks or something like this to do.

Thanks in advance.

If you have kids to keep entertained, consider KL.

I'll second Khao Lak, super cheap up there right now as low season is in full swing.

Actually, I meant Kuala Lumpur!smile.png

I know it's a flight, but only a short one. And, the amount of attractions to keep the little monsters fully occupied is excellent. Also, the attractions are seriously well priced compared to holiday / tourist attractions in Phuket.

Staying around here, I'd also cast a vote for Khao Sok, and around the dam - beautiful nature.

Edited by seaeagle

If you have kids to keep entertained, consider KL.

I'll second Khao Lak, super cheap up there right now as low season is in full swing.

Actually, I meant Kuala Lumpur!smile.png

I know it's a flight, but only a short one. And, the amount of attractions to keep the little monsters fully occupied is excellent. Also, the attractions are seriously well priced compared to holiday / tourist attractions in Phuket.

Staying around here, I'd also cast a vote for Khao Sok, and around the dam - beautiful nature.

i thought you meant Kuala Lumpur too when you said KL. i've been a couple of times and found almost nothing to do besides wait for my visa.

khao sok is great and the road its on is fantastic. there are a couple of small resorts on small rivers just outside the park which are probably worth a look too