Why So Many Farangs Without A Clue?

chops

I've lost count on how many times I've heard "tales" from my wife regarding farang getting screwed here. The funny part is they don't even know they're getting screwed!

Case in point. A lady in the next apartment has two men. One farang and one Thai. Farang goes home to his country and in moves the Thai man like clockwork. I'm not making this up. cheesy.gif

I've heard of so many guys giving girls 100k+ baht a month and these are bargirls. whistling.gif

Where do they get these guys? Do they even know about the internet?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually enjoy getting screwed.

Not sure as a retired person that I would pay 100k a month, but for a tourist with a job in the real world, peanuts.

Real world...??

I suspect a significant level of embellishment there - Who's going to hand over £24,000 / US$38,000 a year to a bar girl ?

No one who lives in a world thats real anyway...

Why are some guys so stupid to allow this to happen? perhaps a combination of naivety and desperation. However, I'm sure for every horror story there are far more positive stories to be told, but as with any news, good news is boring and not worth starting a topic about.

• Like 1

any good story is worth listening to...so let's hear them...$38000 per year you say? that's fascinating...

(the bar girl with the thai boyfriend discuss: 'now that we got the dough from that dumb falang whadda we gonna do with it, huh? buy a new car? howzabout a sugarcane plantation in Kanchanaburi?...'... 'getoudahere, I wanna mink coat...'....'bbbut this is Thailand and nobody wears mink coats around here...'...'sez who, ye bastid...')

and then on and on and on...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Not sure as a retired person that I would pay 100k a month, but for a tourist with a job in the real world, peanuts.

Real world...??

I suspect a significant level of embellishment there - Who's going to hand over £24,000 / US$38,000 a year to a bar girl ?

1 month a year is not 24k UKP

It's rumored that some thai women get money from men of all races. That a thai man with a wife and kids will spend what little money he has at a karaoke bar on a girl doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me either but it's culturally accepted to be that way here.\

Think of it from the farangs perspective that can come here and with just some money can borrow another man's wife to soil for his pleasure. And he's the idiot? The thai guy actually has to live with her and actually accepts it all happening right under his nose.

Edited by Jayman
  • Like 2

Real world...??

1 month a year is not 24k UKP

it's not far off 2 grand a month and last time i looked 2 x 12 was 24, and personally I think there is a lot of nonsense spoken about stupid farangs sending money especially the amounts quoted. As Richard said it's just not in the real world..

it's not far off 2 grand a month and last time i looked 2 x 12 was 24, and personally I think there is a lot of nonsense spoken about stupid farangs sending money especially the amounts quoted. As Richard said it's just not in the real world..

Nobody could be stupid enough to pay someone for the 11 months they weren't living with her.

As I said western tourist paying 100kbht for female company on a 1 month holiday, peanuts

Nobody could be stupid enough to pay someone for the 11 months they weren't living with her.

As I said western tourist paying 100kbht for female company on a 1 month holiday, peanuts

Thats not quite what you wrote, but now that the ambiguity has been cleared... Peanuts you say ???

I'm sure the following sentiments are matched by many: I certainly do not consider 100,000 baht peanuts, especially when dishing it out....

Edited by richard_smith237

Yes, there are a lot of stupid people in the world. How many guys get married, pay a fortune for a ring, wedding and house then find out their wife was cheating on them the whole time? Or don't find out?

You should be more worried about yourself for getting off so much on hearing gossip from your wife.

Personally dont find people getting done over funny. Stupid, naive, indulgent even, but not funny.

I also dont find it funny when im happily having coffee some place and another westerner whos been done over due to his bad decisions, decides to give me his tale of woe...and how he used to be down on western women but now he thinks differently and wont date a thai woman again..and blah blah blah.. (failing to realise it was more likely their choice in woman, not the nationality of the woman that was the problem...)

I dunno, maybe i look like i want to hear it.

Ive ended up finding out of the way coffee shops.

LOL, eek.

@OP, the main cause for so many farangs without a clue is the fact that 50% of farangs have a below average intelligence.

• Like 1

Well if they are old, fat and ugly , what is the problem ?

They have the money and they can buy a Thai girl for a few months, if she is already married or not doesnt matter,.

The falang will feel like a winner when he returns home to "the real world"....

Personally dont find people getting done over funny. Stupid, naive, indulgent even, but not funny.

I also dont find it funny when im happily having coffee some place and another westerner whos been done over due to his bad decisions, decides to give me his tale of woe...and how he used to be down on western women but now he thinks differently and wont date a thai woman again..and blah blah blah.. (failing to realise it was more likely their choice in woman, not the nationality of the woman that was the problem...)

I dunno, maybe i look like i want to hear it.

Ive ended up finding out of the way coffee shops.

As if a western woman would be interested in his woes. He made a judgement.. then you live and die by the sword!

Dont hide yourself away Eek, its their problem not yours!biggrin.png

Real world...??

Yes, the one where rose colored glasses are not required.

Yes the real world, where tourist numbers in Thailand increase year on year and the Thai economy bounces back quickly and actually grows after devastating floods, where the PM never fronts to parliment but still can run the country effectively, where there is no inflation, in fact prices reduce, where hundreds of road deaths are a zero songkram success, where convicted criminals can run a country by proxy and terrorist can be Mps and where a Thai family can live beyond their means due to the generosity of strangers on the internet. Amazing, miracle Thailand world.

Edited by waza
  • Like 2

I often wonder if there's an equivalent forum to TVF in the west where some Thai guy from Kalasin posts something like

" I met Lafronda, a 33 year old African American, in the local Walmart. She lives in the Marcey Projects in Brooklyn and has 6 children from 4 different fathers. She's been on welfare since she first became pregnant at 15. We've been dating for about 5 months and despite her out of control freebasing habit and the fact her brother has a meth lab in the back bedroom I feel she might be the one.What do you guys think?"

I'm constantly gobsmacked at some of the damaged goods horror stories bloke shack up with in LOS who they wouldn't touch with a 10 foot shitty stick back home.

Interesting, but I think that the following (from Wikipedia) is more comparable to what happens in Thailand (and elsewhere). The amounts of money may be less in Thailand, but men everywhere will be enamoured with a young, beautiful woman and the hope of her "being his".

“Born Vickie Lynn Hogan in Harris County, Texas, Anna Nicole was the child of Donald Eugene Hogan and Virgie Mae . . . . She had five half siblings including half-sister Donna Hogan. Anna Nicole was raised by her mother and aunt. Virgie subsequently married Donald R. Hart in 1971. After Virgie married Donald, Anna Nicole changed her name from Vickie Hogan to Nikki Hart. Anna Nicole attended Durkee Elementary School and Aldine Intermediate School in Houston. When she was in the 9th grade, she was sent to live with her mother's younger sister, Kay Beall, in Mexia, Texas. At Mexia High School, Anna Nicole failed her freshman year and later quit school during her sophomore year. While working at Jim's Krispy Fried Chicken in Mexia, Anna Nicole met Billy Wayne Smith, who was a cook at the restaurant. The couple married April 4, 1985; when she was 17 and he was 16. Anna Nicole gave birth to their son, Daniel Wayne Smith on January 22, 1986. She and Billy separated in 1987 and she moved to Houston with one-year-old Daniel. They were officially divorced February 3, 1993, in Houston. Initially, Anna Nicole found employment at Wal-Mart, then as a waitress at Red Lobster. She then became a stripper, and in 1991, began taking modeling and voice lessons. In October of that year, she saw an ad in the newspaper to audition for Playboy magazine. While performing at Gigi's (now renamed as "Pleasures"), a Houston strip club, in October 1991, Smith met elderly oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall and they began a relationship. During their two-year relationship, he reportedly lavished gifts on her and asked her to marry him several times. She divorced her husband Billy on February 3, 1993, in Houston. On June 27, 1994, Smith, 26, and Marshall, 89, married in Houston. This resulted in a great deal of gossip about her marrying him for his money.”

Kind of trashy, but she cleaned up (at least appearance wise) pretty nice.

• Like 1

My question is If these guys really do live in the REAL world, then how in holy h#ll did they ever have the brains to succeed there? given they are silly enough to give these bar-rodents huge sums of cash for nothing??

Thick as two short planks i say.

Maybe my ex was right after all..girls from a certain provinces up north use black magic and some special potion to make a guy fall for them and do whatever silly sh!t the girl tells em.

sheez

They're all just blinded by love, tits, arse and legs. tongue.png

They're all just blinded by love, tits, arse and legs...and convince themselves its love

Hope you will excuse the post amendment phuturatica. wai.gif

Edit: although i realise that was your point anyway, thought, given the thread title, id just blatantly state the obvious. tongue.png

Edited by eek
  • Like 1