Concept 2 Rower Model D (Exercise For Fat Loss)

robblok

4 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Thanks but i need to speak to the wife first :sad:

Forget the wife. It's an investment that you will not regret and it will last a lifetime. Even if you have training injuries you have a way to keep the muscles conditioned while you recover. 

Let me tell you a little story: In 2014 I went for a vacation that ended up lasting 7 months. I did no training over that time and my food intake was quite bad. When I came back I just rowed for months - nothing else. My muscles that had shrunk during the vacation period started popping out again just from the rowing. Sure, this was a muscle memory thing and first-time rowers who don't have a build won't get the same result, but it demonstrates what a great exercise rowing is.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TaveewatLim said:

Thank you, now we can see each other workout data through training partner menu.

You may find my sessions a bit confusing. I seldom do straight rows - perhaps only once a week. I use the rower to warm up before my weight sessions and do all kinds of Interval sessions that may look a bit weird on paper. The important thing is that all my meters (and my wife's too) will go to your team total.

My most favoured sessions are 5 minutes on the rower followed by 4 or 5 weight exercises (pushups, pulldowns, DB presses, shrugs, lateral raises, back extensions etc) in quick succession and then back on the rower again, for 4 to 6 rounds depending on how energetic I'm feeling. It's a killer! - because I tire out the rowing muscles with the weight exercises, making the rowing far tougher. I'm a bit older than you, so I normally train in the zone from 130 bpm up to 160's. I'm flat out once my heart rate hits the 160's.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tropo said:

You may find my sessions a bit confusing. I seldom do straight rows - perhaps only once a week. I use the rower to warm up before my weight sessions and do all kinds of Interval sessions that may look a bit weird on paper. The important thing is that all my meters (and my wife's too) will go to your team total.

My most favoured sessions are 5 minutes on the rower followed by 4 or 5 weight exercises (pushups, pulldowns, DB presses, shrugs, lateral raises, back extensions etc) in quick succession and then back on the rower again, for 4 to 6 rounds depending on how energetic I'm feeling. It's a killer! - because I tire out the rowing muscles with the weight exercises, making the rowing far tougher. I'm a bit older than you, so I normally train in the zone from 130 bpm up to 160's. I'm flat out once my heart rate hits the 160's.

I'm not have enough time to do both cardio and weight training at the same session. I row at the morning and do weight training at the evening.

Rowing is good for warming up especially before doing barbell squats.

34 minutes ago, TaveewatLim said:

I'm not have enough time to do both cardio and weight training at the same session. I row at the morning and do weight training at the evening.

Rowing is good for warming up especially before doing barbell squats.

Rowing is even more beneficial to warm up the upper body before weight training. For nearly 30 years I have always rowed before weight training. That's not for cardio, but warm up, and usually 10 - 15 minutes at a moderate pace. It's an absolute must that any public gym I train at has a Concept2 rower.

• Like 1

Wel done real good so early in the morning the day after new year. Once i get back in the groove I will join too. But for now I will first have to survive a real busy month. Will do just a bit of rowing and mainly lifting. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Wel done real good so early in the morning the day after new year. Once i get back in the groove I will join too. But for now I will first have to survive a real busy month. Will do just a bit of rowing and mainly lifting. 

When I get mine I may join you once I work out what I need to do. 

4 hours ago, TaveewatLim said:

Happy new year 2017.

Just added first 10,000 meters to team total.

wp_ss_20170101_0001.png

I'll be doing a row a bit later on - probably not 10,000 though.

If I use Ergdata will it show in the team total straight away? If I don't use the app I can upload my meters using the cable. Apparently, they need to be uploaded once a week during the team challenge period... or can you upload them everyday?

1 hour ago, tropo said:

I'll be doing a row a bit later on - probably not 10,000 though.

If I use Ergdata will it show in the team total straight away? If I don't use the app I can upload my meters using the cable. Apparently, they need to be uploaded once a week during the team challenge period... or can you upload them everyday?

Yes, Ergdata can synce rowing lag as you using concept2 utility. You can synce data through Ergdata everytime you finished your workouts.

2 hours ago, TaveewatLim said:

Yes, Ergdata can synce rowing lag as you using concept2 utility. You can synce data through Ergdata everytime you finished your workouts.

I can't sync data from Ergdata. I've been through all the instructions, but there is no way to sync. I've sent an email to support to try and sort it out. I synced a row I just completed with my cable and it's showing on your team challenge now. I did a hard 30 min row and a couple of recovery rows after that. That's a personal best for me. I was on "just row" thinking I would only do 5000m, but kept on going LOL. I won't be doing that everyday.

I should have mentioned that I also hit a new record for heat rate (since I've been old). I was high in the 170's, so I thought maybe I can hit 180, and I did LOL. It proves what a load of nonsense the 220-age formula is. According to that formula, my maximum heart rate should be 163, but I can comfortably keep my heart rate in the mid-160's for quite a while and even the 180 was OK. If Tropo stops posting, you know what happened to him. He had a heart attack posting meters for your challenge LOL.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, robblok said:

Come on Rob. Join the team to add whatever you row to the total. My wife will also be adding the odd session here and there. It won't show any performance numbers, just the total of what you rowed will be added to the grand total. I do a lot of low-intensity warm-up sessions - it all goes to the total.

I've got a feeling this challenge will push me to row a bit more than I intended to row LOL.

So far we're 2nd highest average meters rowed (per member). Some of those teams have 60 or more members. I see one guy has rowed 68,410 meters today.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tropo said:

I can't sync data from Ergdata. I've been through all the instructions, but there is no way to sync. I've sent an email to support to try and sort it out. I synced a row I just completed with my cable and it's showing on your team challenge now. I did a hard 30 min row and a couple of recovery rows after that. That's a personal best for me. I was on "just row" thinking I would only do 5000m, but kept on going LOL. I won't be doing that everyday.

Did you registered your name and password on Ergdata? It must use username and password same as you registered on C2 online logbook.

I've seen your new PB 7800 meters in 30 minutes with 1:55/500m, WOW ?. It's very fast!!!.

If you row in single time mode , I believe you must have a good ranking on the board.

57 minutes ago, TaveewatLim said:

Did you registered your name and password on Ergdata? It must use username and password same as you registered on C2 online logbook.

I've seen your new PB 7800 meters in 30 minutes with 1:55/500m, WOW ?. It's very fast!!!.

If you row in single time mode , I believe you must have a good ranking on the board.

Yes, I rowed that on "just row", so it doesn't count as a 30-minute row for ranking purposes. The reason is that I had no intentions of rowing that long - I was going to row for 20 minutes, but then changed my mind. I usually just use "just row" when I'm not doing intervals. Maybe I'll go for 8000 m on a serious 30-minute row sometime soon.

Yes, my  Ergdata is logged in to my online logbook, but there's no way to sync. I get a message "Use Sync to send workouts to Concept2 Online Logbook"... but where is "sync, I don't see any "sync".

Edited by tropo

9 minutes ago, tropo said:

Yes, I rowed that on "just row", so it doesn't count as a 30-minute row for ranking purposes. The reason is that I had no intentions of rowing that long - I was going to row for 20 minutes, but then changed my mind. I usually just use "just row" when I'm not doing intervals. Maybe I'll go for 8000 m on a serious 30-minute row sometime soon.

Yes, my  Ergdata is logged in to my online logbook, but there's no way to sync. I get a message "Use Sync to send workouts to Concept2 Online Logbook"... but where is "sync, I don't see any "sync".

On the top left corner of page 3 ofErgdata app.

Screenshot_2017-01-01-23-09-44.png

9 minutes ago, TaveewatLim said:

On the top left corner of page 3 ofErgdata app.

Screenshot_2017-01-01-23-09-44.png

Yay! I got it now! I was stuck in the preferences area. I didn't know I could swipe the main screen sideways. Cheers!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TaveewatLim said:

just got the reward pin from Concept2?, got it from finished rowing 200,000 meters during Holliday challenge period.

5579599868824(1).jpg

Congratulations! In what time period did you complete 200,000m?

3 hours ago, tropo said:

Congratulations! In what time period did you complete 200,000m?

Row 200,000 in one month. For virtual team challenge , I can finished only 150,000 meters , because my father in law come to visit me during Chinese new year. I have not enough time to row more than 150,000?.

wp_ss_20170131_0001.png

4 hours ago, TaveewatLim said:

Row 200,000 in one month. For virtual team challenge , I can finished only 150,000 meters , because my father in law come to visit me during Chinese new year. I have not enough time to row more than 150,000?.

wp_ss_20170131_0001.png

I was expecting that you'd get a bit higher. I finished just over 203,000m after my latest upload.

If I compare our team total of just over 353,000m, it's 24th out of all 2 person teams, so not too bad. The highest team rowed over 50 million meters. 40.03 million meters is once around the earth's equator.

How did you get a certificate before the challenge is over? It still has 30 minutes to run as of this writing, and in some countries, it still has 17 hours to run (until the end of January),.

7 hours ago, tropo said:

I was expecting that you'd get a bit higher. I finished just over 203,000m after my latest upload.

If I compare our team total of just over 353,000m, it's 24th out of all 2 person teams, so not too bad. The highest team rowed over 50 million meters. 40.03 million meters is once around the earth's equator.

How did you get a certificate before the challenge is over? It still has 30 minutes to run as of this writing, and in some countries, it still has 17 hours to run (until the end of January),.

Certificate can download since 16th Jan, just for team challenge type only.

Meter on the certificate will change every time you downloaded till end of the challenge period.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TaveewatLim said:

Certificate can download since 16th Jan, just for team challenge type only.

Meter on the certificate will change every time you downloaded till end of the challenge period.

Great! What is your next challenge? Maybe you can get extra team members next time.

1 minute ago, tropo said:

Great! What is your next challenge? Maybe you can get extra team members next time.

I will buy one this month. But do not expect to get up to any decent level of fitness for a few months.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I will buy one this month. But do not expect to get up to any decent level of fitness for a few months.

Fitness levels are not a problem for challenges. It's the total number of meters rowed that counts toward the team total and there's no information on performance.

The 3rd placeholders on this most recent challenge are called "age without limits" and many members are well into their 70's. There are over 200 members on that team and they rowed an average of just over 122,000m each for a team total of over 27 million meters.

The 4th place team is called "ANCIENTS" (in capitals lol) and many members are in their 80's. The team rowed a total of nearly 23 million meters. One 86 years old on that team rowed 606,000 meters in January. That's 3 times what I managed.

One person who really caught my attention is a 74-year-old woman in the ANCIENTS team who rowed over 2.5 million meters in January 2017. That's an average of 83,333m per day. She's up to 5.5 million meters for the season and has a lifetime total of 75 million meters (12 years of rowing). I don't know how she finds time to eat and sleep.

Rowing is truly an activity for all ages. It's a good option for older runners whose legs are wearing out.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, tropo said:

Fitness levels are not a problem for challenges. It's the total number of meters rowed that counts toward the team total and there's no information on performance.

The 3rd placeholders on this most recent challenge are called "age without limits" and many members are well into their 70's. There are over 200 members on that team and they rowed an average of just over 122,000m each for a team total of over 27 million meters.

The 4th place team is called "ANCIENTS" (in capitals lol) and many members are in their 80's. The team rowed a total of nearly 23 million meters. One 86 years old on that team rowed 606,000 meters in January. That's 3 times what I managed.

One person who really caught my attention is a 74-year-old woman in the ANCIENTS team who rowed over 2.5 million meters in January 2017. That's an average of 83,333m per day. She's up to 5.5 million meters for the season and has a lifetime total of 75 million meters (12 years of rowing). I don't know how she finds time to eat and sleep.

Rowing is truly an activity for all ages. It's a good option for older runners whose legs are wearing out.

Paul Randall 96 years old who join his ninth C-R-A-S-H-B indoor rowing competition in 2014.

His 2k time is about 11minute.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_imagesTTDZZU6K.jpg

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_imagesEYYJE008.jpg

• Like 1