Decomposing Corpse Of German Man Found In Pattaya

webfact

Decomposing Corpse of German Man Found in Pattaya

The decomposing naked body of a German man was found in a rental room in Pattaya. The police assumes he slipped on the floor hit his head and died of a concussion.

PATTAYA – May 24, 2012 [PDN]; Pol. Lt. Thanakorn Ngarmyen, Pattaya police station, Chonburi province was notified of a dead body in room # 501 on the 5th floor of Bluewave apartment address 383/82 Soi Chaipul, Central Pattaya.

At the Bluewave apartment the police found the room was locked from the inside. The door was forced open. In the room they found the dead body Mr. Rainer Anton age 46, German national lying on the floor with two legs inside the bathroom and the upper body outside.

The corpse was decomposing. The police found drinking water bottles and clothes on the floor, the television and the fan was switched on, and there was also a bowl of rice in the refrigerator. There was no trace of violence. The police also discovered Mr. Rainer Anton’s asthma and blood pressure medicine from Banglamung hospital on the bed.

From asking Mr. Bancha, the security guard, who said that Mr. Anton Rainer had rented this room for several years and used to have a Thai wife but they had divorced. He lived alone, the guard usually saw him leaving the apartment to buy food. He was a thin man who looked ill because he was suffering from various diseases and was always tired from walking up and down to his room of the 5th floor.

Full story: http://www.pattayada...und-in-pattaya/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2012-05-26

footer_n.gif

Why his asthma and high blood pressure is relevant is anyone's guess!

Asthma attacks can be lethal. What's say he was gasping for air and rushed to get his medication in the bathroom and slipped on the wet floor.

Asthma attacks can be lethal. What's say he was gasping for air and rushed to get his medication in the bathroom and slipped on the wet floor.

Ridiculous. No evidence of that. There are millions of asthmatics in Thailand. So every time one slips on a tile, the asthma is definitely the cause? So scientific of you.

Maybe he slipped on the tiles while getting out of the shower because he was rushing back to his computer to comment on one of Jings food/deli threads!! ph34r.pngrolleyes.gif

RIP German poster

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

Yes RIP. Your theory is as valid as the asthma one. I find it offensive that the press here always lists dead people's medications as if that really means anything.

Ridiculous. No evidence of that. There are millions of asthmatics in Thailand. So every time one slips on a tile, the asthma is definitely the cause? So scientific of you.

Right over your head... your point was that being asthmatic had no possible relevance. There's 101 scenarios where it could have been a factor in his death.

Yes RIP. Your theory is as valid as the asthma one. I find it offensive that the press here always lists dead people's medications as if that really means anything.

Are you serious? Medication is one of the most important things to investigate in these cases... and you find it offensive - that's ridiculous.

Reporters get their info from police reports and whatever is listed there - like medication or anything else found - is simply re-issued in the news. Nothing strange there in my mind. It is a sad case though and he obviously has been unwell for some time with no one looking after him.

I did not really know him but he would come into my shop sometimes and seemed to very nice person from my brief interactions with him. My staff told me he would make calls back home to talk to his doctors. They were sad to hear about his passing.

RIP

this very public and graphic display of ones passing is one of the few aspects of Thai society I find truly distatestful and disturbing. A lack of privacy and dignity/decorum that while it wont effect you once dead is surely disturbing for friends and relatives and in some cases the primary party in contemplation.

• Like 2

Right over your head... your point was that being asthmatic had no possible relevance. There's 101 scenarios where it could have been a factor in his death.

I totally agree. Have you ever had an asthma attack? It is likened to being like a fish out of water gasping. You are trying to get air into your lungs as you wheeze and feel your throat and chest tightening more and more. You have to get to your inhaler(s) fast. That can mean panic. In that panic you can easily slip on a wet patch of floor and down you go and smack your head hard. Then the head injury can kill you if the asthma attack does not.

Get someone to 'water-board' you and you will soon understand the panic a bad asthma attack can trigger !!

Edited by pattayadingo

I totally agree. Have you ever had an asthma attack? It is likened to being like a fish out of water gasping. You are trying to get air into your lungs as you wheeze and feel your throat and chest tightening more and more. You have to get to your inhaler(s) fast. That can mean panic. In that panic you can easily slip on a wet patch of floor and down you go and smack your head hard. Then the head injury can kill you if the asthma attack does not.

Get someone to 'water-board' you and you will soon understand the panic a bad asthma attack can trigger !!

He clearly died from a wound caused by a fall, at least based on the press report. Yes I know all about asthma. There is no proof whatsoever he died of asthma or high blood pressure. Yes of course people die from asthma attacks but when people with asthma die from a WOUND to jump to the conclusion they died from asthma is completely unscientific. The majority of asthmatics have their condition completely under control with a combination of both preventative and relief medications, going for years or decades with no attacks. For all you know he was that kind of common asthmatic and hasn't had a serious attack in decades. The fact that he had MEDICATION means he was treating it, lessening the chance he actually had an attack. All we KNOW from the report is a strong indication of an accidental fall sadly resulting in a fatal injury. Think about it, when a person with diabetes dies in a car crash, did you say he died from diabetes? I hope police investigators/medical examiners are a little more professional than a lot of the posters (or the press) here! Edited by Jingthing

He clearly died from a wound caused by a fall, at least based on the press report. Yes I know all about asthma. There is no proof whatsoever he died of asthma or high blood pressure. Yes of course people die from asthma attacks but when people with asthma die from a WOUND to jump to the conclusion they died from asthma is completely unscientific. The majority of asthmatics have their condition completely under control with a combination of both preventative and relief medications, going for years or decades with no attacks. For all you know he was that kind of common asthmatic and hasn't had a serious attack in decades. The fact that he had MEDICATION means he was treating it, lessening the chance he actually had an attack. All we KNOW from the report is a strong indication of an accidental fall sadly resulting in a fatal injury. Think about it, when a person with diabetes dies in a car crash, did you say he died from diabetes? I hope police investigators/medical examiners are a little more professional than a lot of the posters (or the press) here!

Stop waffling. You said you were offended when medications were reported and you couldn't understand the significance of two medical conditions which were reported.

Once more, we are talking about POSSIBLE significance, not proven fact.

Now give it a break.

When the press shows you a picture of a dead man's medication they are clearly suggesting the death was a result of disease that was medicated. That is really, really bad journalism.

It tells the readers the man was on a lot of medication and not healthy.

As far as bad journalism is concerned - well, what else can we expect in Pattaya? That's a given no matter what the story.

Sad that it appears that he had no friends looking out for him. RIP

Apparently so,but most of your friends here would be "bar friends". Think it is a sign of the times, loneliness perhaps independence,most people do not want to be tied up with other people.He is beyond sadness now ,the only thing that would be sad is if he had to suffer with no help from anyone

He clearly died from a wound caused by a fall, at least based on the press report. Yes I know all about asthma. There is no proof whatsoever he died of asthma or high blood pressure. Yes of course people die from asthma attacks but when people with asthma die from a WOUND to jump to the conclusion they died from asthma is completely unscientific. The majority of asthmatics have their condition completely under control with a combination of both preventative and relief medications, going for years or decades with no attacks. For all you know he was that kind of common asthmatic and hasn't had a serious attack in decades. The fact that he had MEDICATION means he was treating it, lessening the chance he actually had an attack. All we KNOW from the report is a strong indication of an accidental fall sadly resulting in a fatal injury. Think about it, when a person with diabetes dies in a car crash, did you say he died from diabetes? I hope police investigators/medical examiners are a little more professional than a lot of the posters (or the press) here!

Because someone has medication for Asthma does not mean it is always under control. Different people have different triggers for their attacks - bleach, perfume, dust, smoke, so many different triggers. And it is not impossible he had an attack.

Yet you asked why inform about his medication. I did not say he died because of his asthma. I simply put forward just one explanation.

When the press shows you a picture of a dead man's medication they are clearly suggesting the death was a result of disease that was medicated. That is really, really bad journalism.

It tells the readers the man was on a lot of medication and not healthy.

As far as bad journalism is concerned - well, what else can we expect in Pattaya? That's a given no matter what the story.

The local press does this all the time. What they are OBVIOUSLY suggesting by featuring found medications is that the the readers should conclude there is a connection between the medications and the death(s). If they were about telling you the life stories they would publish pictures of golf clubs (he was a golfer) or opera disks (he loved opera). They never do that because it lacks sensation. Edited by Jingthing

As I said in my previous post I did not know him well, but my staff tells me he would regularly talk to a doctor in england to speak to him about his medical condition. He would also call Germany too, seems he did not live on much money here and I never saw him with other people. My staff liked him and were sad to hear the news as he was very nice and polite with them. He was skinny but I would not not say frail. It does seem sad that it would take 5 days to find him.

MDC, that tells us something about this man when he was alive. Knowing he was on chronic asthma or BP meds tells very little. There are many millions of asthmatics in Thailand and they mostly die of something else as the medicines these days are good and mostly not expensive. As far as BP meds, a huge percentage of older people are on them. It would be a problem if they WEREN'T on them.