British Fish & Chip Shop In Thailand.

theblether

I was toying with the idea of sending a container of fish frying ranges to Thailand, and opening a chain of British Fish and Chip shops. The initial menu would be.....

Traditional fish and chips in batter

Black pudding

Fritters

Deep fried steak pie

Deep fried mince pie

Deep fried smoked sausage

Mushy peas

Deep fried haggis ( once we catch it )

Deep fried pizza, 8 varieties, including pepporoni, salami, spicey chicken, marinara and others

Etc etc

I've have an arrangement in place to have 2 pallets of British made pies, puddings etc flown in every day.

I'll open up in the tourist areas first, then see what happens. The shops will be licensed, selling cider on ice etc too.

I need to know, do you have any menu suggestions? What kind of cider or beer would you like? And would you enjoy a good deep fried pizza at the end of the night?

I can send in kebab machines too, and side orders like chicken pakora and mince samosa would be available too.

So what do you think? Would you enjoy a deep fried pepporoni pizza washed down with magners and ice?

• Like 2

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is the haggis free-range?

Can't bear to see the poor little souls in those tiny cages, waiting pathetically for their final moment.crying.gif

It would be worth paying a premium to assuage my con...conch...consciou...

...feelings.

Edit: Sod the magners, you provide London Pride (keg), you're in!

Edited by SimonD

Please add saveloys to the menu, don't forget pickled eggs.

Hopefully your food will be served in newspaper and not those horrible polystyrene trays.

Don't forget the Dandelion & Burdock to wash it all down with.

Awww! Dandelion and Burdock - now I am wet-dreaming!

Count me in too,, in fact I'd also regularly take a few kg's of your haddock fillets off you before they hit the fryer,, those dory fish are a poor substitute for a great tasting fish soup,, and the deep fried haggis,, grrrreat, I'd certainly enjoy a long drive to get my chops into that

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

re .

Is the haggis free-range?

Can't bear to see the poor little souls in those tiny cages, waiting pathetically for their final moment.

nahhh ... but they have bigger cages now : )

dave2

post-42592-0-64032500-1338166624_thumb.j

• Like 1

Excellent idea Blether! Please do not forget the deep fried ice cream!

I am also VERY happy you mentioned Cider. Blackthorn and Magners both seem freely available in Thailand and both would suffice. Maybe as a sweetener you could add 'free ice'?

If you are palleting in new pies every day or so maybe you could add half a pallet of mixed ciders and beers from the UK. Surpise us Cider lovers!

One idea on the deep fried pies. Can they have the sauce added to the pie before the batter goes over? Maybe in some type of thin membrane that will only break once bitten into. Tomato of course.