Cheap Condo In Bkk Suggestions

The wife and I are considering buying a cheap condo in Bangkok in the next year or so.

This will primarily be for when we holiday there, although her sister might also stay "full-time" and rent it from us depending on when she moves from her current job in Chiang Mai.

Not going to go mad and want to spend about 2-4m baht.

Any suggestions for areas, condo developers? New or old? Only proviso is it must be two bedrooms and be near a BTS/MRT station (or where there will be one built in the future).

All help gratefully received thumbsup.gif

RAZZ

EDIT - I would personally prefer a larger older one...as I think the newer builds are overpriced and over supplied...but the Mrs doesn't whistling.gif

Edited by RAZZELL

There is a lot currently going up at on nut. You could go and literally check out 3 places within 100 meters off plan, then there is verve that is finished. I like Ananda myself - I have been inside 4 of them now and they all seem nicely done and well run. Mix on suk 103 has a GREAT rooftop pool if that is your thing smile.png

The area that I want to check out more is stuff along the MRT. Thailand cultural center and in that area seem like a good buy to me at this point.

Good luck.

Edited by meand
  • Like 1

The more I look the more I see "new builds" are getting more and more expensive and you get less square footage!

When you see the amount of new condos coming "online" in the next few years whistling.gif

Might get more value looking at a resale of something like the The Address soi 42 or Childlom which you"might" be able to get for 6million for a 75m2.

RAZZ

EDIT - There also seem to be a lot of "below cost" flippers selling their contracts.

Edited by RAZZELL

Developers know there is a very keen interest for holiday apartments in the price bracket you are interested in and particularly new build.

What you have to be exceedingly careful about is the quality of build. Some of these places look fine at the beginning but due to shoddy workmanship deteriorate very quickly. And then you have an unsaleable shabby dud.

• Like 1

Supalai Condominium on Soi sukhumvit 39, Floor 28- good view.

Total 98m2 with 2bed/2bath, fully furnished

Asking price: THB5.8M includes transfer fees or THB5.6M transfer fees are on buyer.

The unit is sell directly by the owner. No agent and commission added!

This is Japanese area, next to Fuji and close to Emporium, BTS, MRT, Expressway,...

This condo renting price is 60-75K/ month -can easily rent out because to the Japanese.

(I know the owner is in a hurry to sell. They need money urgently to support their other business.)

Edited by RealMaya

The two bedroom apartments for an affordable price are difficult to find.

I bought a few cheaper studios in older buildings and connected them, for rental purposes!

Sure it is some work but getting a 80m2 two bedroom for around 1 million is the result and only 300 m from a BTS.

Of course you would have to have no problem to live among middle class working people. smile.png

I don't dream of expensive condos at all smile.png so i am biased.

Edited by Khun Jean
  • Like 1

Khun Jean

Sounds exactly what I'm after - would appreciate more info on the location

Tks

Almost everywhere!

Except Silom and Sukhumvit and other main roads. Go into a soi for a few hundred meters and you will find them.

Of course there are good and bad ones, lot's of walking required.

I would start from Ekkamai going south.

Don't be afraid to live a bit further from a BTS because this is Bangkok and there is no shortage of transport. Thais not like to walk in the heat. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think we can all agree that the further away from the city you are, the cheaper it gets. I would add further that the transportation system -if we can call it that- isn't as well understood as it could be by most. Many Bangkok commuters rely on the BTS/MRT and will pay over the odds for an apt nearby, but many areas of BKK are still very accessible by minbus, and there isn't much of a time difference. Even the airport is only 45 minutes but bts mor-chit asok will take you close to that these days, especially if the trains are full. Bang-na has tons of apt's and its easy to get into the city from there now.

• Like 1

I personally love it when my "shoebox" cools off in about 30 seconds when I get home. I also don't need much furniture, and it is really easy to fill with a good sound system. Cleaning it is easy too, and who doesn't hate cleaning. I guess you either don't mind these small units, or can't stand them. I would think Thais would be on the side of not minding them, unless they plan, or already have, a couple of kids.

Edited by meand

I personally love it when my "shoebox" cools off in about 30 seconds when I get home. I also don't need much furniture, and it is really easy to fill with a good sound system. Cleaning it is easy too, and who doesn't hate cleaning. I guess you either don't mind these small units, or can't stand them. I would think Thais would be on the side of not minding them, unless they plan, or already have, a couple of kids.

This is the difference between a home and a room with a bed.

• Like 2