Dependent Visa For 25 Year Old Son

Hello Folks, my dad's been living and working in thailand since over 15 years, I spent quite a while with him there on tourist and an education visa as well. If I could, I would move to BKK again, but if possible on a non-immigrant-O dependant visa.

Is there still a chance to get this one? I read somewhere of children only up to the age of 20, I'm 25 at the moment. Does the thai government really send childrens of expats over 20 out ot the country?!

Can you get a work permit with a dependant visa?

We are both from Germany, my dad is married to a thai woman and I got a little half sister there.

Only persons under 20 yaers old can be a dependent of a parent married to a Thai spouse, so you do not qualify. If you want to stay in Thailand you will have to find your own reason for staying, like working or following a study.

From police order 777/2551

2.20 In the case of a family member of an alien who has been permitted temporary stay under clauses 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.5, 2.6,2.7, 2.10, 2.12, 2.13,2.4, 2.15, 2.16, 2.17, 2.21, 2.22,2.26,6.29 of this Order (applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM);

(2) Proof of family relationship;

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto; or

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

(5) In the case of a parent, the said person shall be 50 years of age or over.

You can not get dependent extension.

From police order 777/2551

2.20 In the case of a family member of an alien who has been permitted temporary stay under clauses 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.5, 2.6,2.7, 2.10, 2.12, 2.13,2.4, 2.15, 2.16, 2.17, 2.21, 2.22,2.26,6.29 of this Order (applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM);

(2) Proof of family relationship;

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto; or

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

(5) In the case of a parent, the said person shall be 50 years of age or over.

You can not get dependent extension.

Looking at this quote number 5.

Let say you have a Thai wife and children and using o -visa based on marriage.

What if your Thai wife passes away, then your marriage visa is voided.

Can your Thai Children still sponsor you for a visa or do you have to get a Thai retirement visa?

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her

spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with

the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average

annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a

money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within

a year.

Can your Thai Children still sponsor you for a visa or do you have to get a Thai retirement visa?

You can get an extension of stay for the reason of living with your child of Thai nationality under clause 2.18(5) of Police Order 777/2551:

2.18 In the case of being a family member of a Thai national (applicable only to parents, spouse, children, adopted children, or spouse’s children): Each permission shall be granted for no more than one year.

(1) The alien must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM).

(2) The alien must have proof of relationship.

(3) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto; or

(4) In the case of children, adopted children, or spouse’s children, said children, adopted children, or spouse’s children must not be married, must live with the alien as part of the family, and must not be over 20 years of age; or

(5) In the case of a parent, that parent must maintain an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month throughout the year or must have deposited funds of no less than Baht 400,000 to cover expenses for one year.

Source: http://www.thaivisa....ttach_id=153821 (corrected translation)

To the Op, best you get another ED visa again.

Children of expats have valid reasons to be here, maybe studying, working or have married local people, having a Father who has worked here for so many years means nothing, it is also the same for children of Thais wanting to go to Schengen countries.