Manchester United

redrus

Just a quick comment regarding Milan, when i saw them throwing on Becks to try and turn things around, i almost felt a bit sorry for them that that was all they could come up with, but in fairness he did actually bring an extra dimension to the team - not sure if that says more about how bad his team mates were, than how good he was - but either way, i think some credit is due. Despite all his many detractors, the man still knows how to kick a ball better than most.

Just a quick comment regarding Milan, when i saw them throwing on Becks to try and turn things around, i almost felt a bit sorry for them that that was all they could come up with, but in fairness he did actually bring an extra dimension to the team - not sure if that says more about how bad his team mates were, than how good he was - but either way, i think some credit is due. Despite all his many detractors, the man still knows how to kick a ball better than most.

Actually I saw Becks coming on as a sign of respect by the manager - it was over by then. He still knows how to cross the ball - take note mr nani. :)

Actually I saw Becks coming on as a sign of respect by the manager - it was over by then .

Possibly there was a bit of that going on, but if they had someone better able to turn the game on the bench, i don't think the manager would have worried about that sort of sentimentality. Becks was their last, nay, their only hope.

He still knows how to cross the ball - take note mr nani. :)

Absolutely. Why he continues to be selected i really don't know. Time for Obertan to get a run in the team methinks.

Actually I saw Becks coming on as a sign of respect by the manager - it was over by then .

Possibly there was a bit of that going on, but if they had someone better able to turn the game on the bench, i don't think the manager would have worried about that sort of sentimentality. Becks was their last, nay, their only hope.

He still knows how to cross the ball - take note mr nani. :)

Absolutely. Why he continues to be selected i really don't know. Time for Obertan to get a run in the team methinks.

In fairness to nancy, he did make a stellar outside right foot pass on rooney's second goal.

In fairness to nancy, he did make a stellar outside right foot pass on rooney's second goal.

Not saying we don't get the glimpses. Bit like with Berba. I want more though. Call me Mr Greedy.

Leading the EPL, won the Carling cup, motoring along in the Champions League, greed is good !!!

There are more and more noises coming out of Chelsea that Joe Cole may well be on his way out. Ancelloti doesnt seem to have him in his plans and its rumoured that any new contarct would be way below what he is enjoying now. Fergie has been a long time admirer of Cole and for Cole leaving Chelsea you would want to go to a big club.He will be a free agent. I have mixed feelings about Cole, his worth ,and where he would fit into the current United set up...what do you guys think ?

For me, i think he's a good player but don't like him much as a person. For one thing, he goes to ground much to easily. Think he learnt that off of Robben (gonna have to go and clean my mouth out after uttering that name).

Still, i guess if he's going on the cheap might be worth a punt. After all, twunts always seem less twuntish when they play for your team. Take Ronaldo. :)

post-14972-1268287828_thumb.jpg

And the stretford end in the 70s :)

Ahh! but nev was you left,right or centre? stretford paddock,scoreboard paddock or United road? :D

Mate i used to be left side then moved to stretford paddock then the scoreboard paddock then united road,then a season ticket in the united road seats right in line with the penalty box stretford end.

Now i have a front row seat in our litle village in issan :D

Stretford end last night, hats off to all there last night :)

So nev, Redrus and others. What is your take on these Red Knight geezers. Is it a case of out of the frying pan and how can a club be run with that many in a consortium? Or is that option better than the Glazers?

And the stretford end in the 70s :D

Ahh! but nev was you left,right or centre? stretford paddock,scoreboard paddock or United road? :D

Mate i used to be left side then moved to stretford paddock then the scoreboard paddock then united road,then a season ticket in the united road seats right in line with the penalty box stretford end.

I still remember those days well,depending on what area you came from in Manchester you could gaurantee all your mates was situated in that part of the ground..queing up at 3pm to pay cash to get in! :)

I think my course followed yours pretty much,i had seats in f stand quadrant above united road,stretford end.Great times.

And the stretford end in the 70s :D

I still remember those days well,depending on what area you came from in Manchester you could gaurantee all your mates was situated in that part of the ground..queing up at 3pm to pay cash to get in! :)

I think my course followed yours pretty much,i had seats in f stand quadrant above united road,stretford end.Great times.

Mate i forgot to add the scoreboard went in there for awhile and seeing your from salford, there used to be quite a few salford in there,they had a song.

s a l f o r d salford rule M U F C.

The good old days when you couldgo with your mates and all stand together.

So nev, Redrus and others. What is your take on these Red Knight geezers. Is it a case of out of the frying pan and how can a club be run with that many in a consortium? Or is that option better than the Glazers?

Mate i want the glazers out,would love to see us owned by the fans like barcelona.

I have my doubts that if to many owner could be hard to make decisions.

I am sure being owned by a consortium of fans has to be better than being owned by money sucking leaches who havebeing taking money out to pay there own debt,and borrowing money and putting the debt back on the club.

We have just been lucky we have the best manager in football in charge through the last few years else we would of gone the way of leeds.

Whats your take mr bojangles?

We have just been lucky we have the best manager in football in charge through the last few years else we would of gone the way of leeds.

Indeed and those who point to recent footballing successes and say "well the Glazers can't be that bad" are giving credit where it is not due. I think our recent successes have come inspite of the owners, rather than because of. Thank goodness for SAF is all i can say.

Mate i want the glazers out,would love to see us owned by the fans like barcelona.

I have my doubts that if to many owner could be hard to make decisions.

I am sure being owned by a consortium of fans has to be better than being owned by money sucking leaches who havebeing taking money out to pay there own debt,and borrowing money and putting the debt back on the club.

Whats your take mr bojangles?

Well I know you all (or nearly all) want the Glazers out. I just don't know if the Red Knights will be any better. As you say, too many owners will make it hard to make decisions. Maybe a case of better the Devil (pun intended) you know. Not sure myself nev.

Bring back the Edwards family, bought the club from the widows of ex-players with a few joints of meat, poisoned half of Salfords school kids into the bargain, took thev Busby family to the cleaners by taking away the Store after Sandy Busby had built it up....Now what have the Glazers done?

Only 60 premier league starts for Chealsea since August 2006

Not consistant enough and now becoming more injury prone season on season.

I hope he goes to city. :)

Before a players contract is renotiated he must have a thorough medical. Cole has been longterm injured and i doubt Chelski liked what the report said. Only offering a one year extention with a huge drop in salary tells me they don't reckon his chance of playing much longer

Only 60 premier league starts for Chealsea since August 2006

Not consistant enough and now becoming more injury prone season on season.

I hope he goes to city. :)

For what its worth I just dont see Joe Cole adding much to United. He is creative but not a proven goal scorer and as you say injury prone and we have enough of those. United need,in my opinion a goal scoring midfielder to back up Rooney and Co. This season ,in the EPL, the contribution from midfield is as follows Fletcher (3), Giggs (2) Carrick (2) Scholes (2) Park (1) Gibson (1) Anderson (1) OG's has been a top performer but maybe thats a one off. I dont see any standouts in other EPL teams who would be available. I hope Fergie is thinking along similar lines and has someone in mind because without Rooneys contribution United would be in deep do do

We'll take him back on loan :)

Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo reiterates desire to link up with Manchester United's Wayne Rooney again

Former United star in regular contact with 'Fergie'...

By Adithya Ananth

12 Mar 2010 06:38:00

Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted that he would relish the opportunity of reuniting with former team-mate Wayne Rooney.

The Portuguese also confirmed that he is regularly in contact with several of his former team-mates at Manchester United, as well as with manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

"I speak with Ferguson regularly on the phone," said Ronaldo, according to The Sun.

"What we talk about is private but normal.

"I speak sometimes with Rooney, and many times with Rio [Ferdinand], [Nemanja] Vidic, [Patrice] Evra, Nani and Anderson.

"Rooney's a winner and, well, I hope to play with him again one day. I'm really happy for him. Why not play with Wayne again? Anything is possible."

Real recently bowed out of the Champions League, while United progressed into the quarter-finals of the European competition.

Or maybe Rooney will go to Real. They have the dosh :D

Rooney is smarter than CR9-7, and he enjoys beating you lot too much. :D

I'd be interested just to see how many times Rooney has played against City. And how many he has been in the winning team.

Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo reiterates desire to link up with Manchester United's Wayne Rooney again

Former United star in regular contact with 'Fergie'...

By Adithya Ananth

12 Mar 2010 06:38:00

Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted that he would relish the opportunity of reuniting with former team-mate Wayne Rooney.

The Portuguese also confirmed that he is regularly in contact with several of his former team-mates at Manchester United, as well as with manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

"I speak with Ferguson regularly on the phone," said Ronaldo, according to The Sun

"What we talk about is private but normal.

"I speak sometimes with Rooney, and many times with Rio [Ferdinand], [Nemanja] Vidic, [Patrice] Evra, Nani and Anderson.

"Rooney's a winner and, well, I hope to play with him again one day. I'm really happy for him. Why not play with Wayne again? Anything is possible."

Real recently bowed out of the Champions League, while United progressed into the quarter-finals of the European competition.

looks like he misses us more than we miss him :D

Dont miss his petulance but i do miss his magic,just look when he did not get the pass from the other real player he almost cried.

We are a better team without him i reckon,we play more like a team now,rather than it being the ronaldo show and having to play players out of position to accomadate him.

We are a better team without him i reckon,we play more like a team now,rather than it being the ronaldo show and having to play players out of position to accomadate him.

I don't recall you saying that half way through the season, it's great how peoples mindset can change after a few good performances :) .

So are you saying that you would have less points if Ronaldo was still there :D