Manchester United

redrus

Jeffrey Schlupp: Man Utd to discuss deal for Leicester striker

Leicester City could be on the verge of agreeing to sell Jeffrey Schlupp to Manchester United, reports BBC Radio Leicester.

Schlupp, 20, has been on trial with the Old Trafford club for more a month and featured in two under-21 games against Liverpool and West Ham last week.

Jeffrey

The Ghana international is mainly known as a striker, but has also played as a left-back for the Foxes this season.

"We'll be discussing this week what the next step is," boss Nigel Pearson said.

"As soon as we find that out we will let you know. He has done well."

German-born Schlupp has only started 12 games for the Foxes, having come through the club's youth set-up, but has made a further 23 substitute appearances and also had a loan spell with Brentford in 2011.

Former Leicester manager Sven-Goran Eriksson, who gave Schlupp his debut, told BBC Radio Leicester: "He's a very, very good football player with very good talent. I wanted to keep him.

"If he is ready for Manchester United, I do not know. It is a big thing for him but would be a big loss for Leicester if it happens."

Thing was the ref was actually ok , baring the sending off,4 me harsh. kean thought the ref 100%right, defo a game changing decision. shame 4 utd seemed to have it under control. Boy what a game modric had when he came on, just ozzzed class and the goal to boot <deleted>. rvp didnt seem to get quite in the groove tonite wellbeck shone, entertaining game.

Edited by rijit

It was a red card. You can go in work your foot raised that high. And you can't say he didn't know the player was there either as he should have looked! In any case if that had been against UTD in the league we all know I would have been given. Karma? 5555

As usual childish behaviour from the players at the end especially Ferdinand. Hope he gets some sort of punishment too.

A few observations on the game as I saw it

Was Arbeloa himself lucky to stay on when he was booked in the first half? On first sight I think he was lucky. I have'nt seen it a 2nd time. Hopefully it will be on the ITV highlights programme.

IMO the red card was harsh. Arbeloa rolled over twice needlessly but there was no mass appeal by the RM players. I think they were as surprised as MU at the sending off.

Should RM had a penalty when Rafael cleared off the line?. Higuan's header was going in when it hit his hand and stayed out.

After the 2 RM goals they went to sleep and MU came very close to scoring a few times. If they had equalised with a few minutes to go they could well have score another such was the pressure they were excerting even with 10 men.

Feel free to disagree with me.whistling.gif

Yeah, tough one.

I think the ref spoiled the game with a very harsh red, it seems only Leeds fans think if was a red. Yellow at most.

Anyway, that was not Real's fault, they went on and did a job, we had our chances after that too and, on another night possibly but, it was not to be.

Well done Madrid, I will be following your fortunes now, good luck Ronnie lad, your respect did not go unnoticed..!!

redrus

• Like 1

Career limiting decision for that ref if Mourinho had voiced the opinion he must surely have had about 'the decision'. As it is we are just getting the 'please employ me' appeals this morning.

I don't agree with the ABU voices saying defo red card, but do agree that Ferdinand is a lucky boy not to have got a red at the end. Frustration does not justify haranguing a ref like that.

It was a red card. You can go in work your foot raised that high. And you can't say he didn't know the player was there either as he should have looked! In any case if that had been against UTD in the league we all know I would have been given. Karma? 5555 As usual childish behaviour from the players at the end especially Ferdinand. Hope he gets some sort of punishment too.

"And you can't say he didn't know the player was there either as he should have looked!"

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif . Keep posting mate. Pure gold.

Careless, reckless, using excessive force

“Careless” means that the player has shown a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or that he acted without precaution.
• No further disciplinary sanction is needed if a foul is judged to be careless

“Reckless” means that the player has acted with complete disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, his opponent.
• A player who plays in a reckless manner must be cautioned

“Using excessive force” means that the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent.
• A player who uses excessive force must be sent off

So which one was it the ref decided?: excessive force my ass, reckless maybe so a yellow at most.

Anyway we lost we have the league to concentrate on and the Fa cup,cannot mull over this it was plain to see it was a bad decision and even after they went 2-1 up we still had our chances, stayed 11 v 11 we woiuld have won.

• Like 1

Referee changed the game,this article shows his record, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2288321/Manchester-United-v-Real-Madrid-referee-sent-John-Terry-Mario-Balotelli-Steven-Gerrard-Gary-Cahill-Graham-Poll.html.

Portugal objected to him refereeing a game against Spain because of his ties with Spain.

Another article about twitter accounts:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/referee-cuneyt-cakir-has-a-twitter-account-follows-real-madrid-cristiano-ronaldo/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Chelsea and Arsenal have suffered the hands of UEFA referees and now its United. Champions league will always suffer because of poor or corrupt refs. The truth may never come out (as in Marseilles under Belosconi) but it is not hard to see.

Edited by gazwjb1
  • Like 1

Debate that all you want, it wasn't a red. Absolute shocker.

Up until then i thought that Ferguson had got it right. The ever improving Raphael doing a great jod containing Ronaldo with the superb Giggs. Fergusons decision to drop Rooney wasn't looking a poor one either. Then that stupid piece of refereeing turned the whole game.

You have my sympathies. That was wrong.

Now hopefully Arsenal will get totally and utterly drubbed by Bayern and nice to see my pick Dortmund still travelling under the radar.

Agree with everything here Carmine except:

• Yes Fergie had the tactics just about right. I thought though that RM were already starting to get the measure of the game in the second half before the red card. I'm not so sure that the result would have been any different with 22 men on the field. RvP was a bit of a disappointment I thought (not sour grapes - I never blamed him for moving on)

• The Arsenal comment! I hope Spurs win the UEFA Cup by the way, so I guess that makes us different types of football fan (yeah I know your response already – a ‘real’ one and a ‘prawn sarnie’ one).smile.png

It’s a pity there’ll be no EPL team in the quarters since I don’t know when without looking. Scuddamore must be squirming a bit to see the EPLs much

vaunted dominance so clearly exposed. It has been a poor season for EPL football, giving the lie to the Sky commentators oh-so-choreographed and carefully inserted plugs.

Yeah, tough one. I think the ref spoiled the game with a very harsh red, it seems only Leeds fans think if was a red. Yellow at most. Anyway, that was not Real's fault, they went on and did a job, we had our chances after that too and, on another night possibly but, it was not to be. Well done Madrid, I will be following your fortunes now, good luck Ronnie lad, your respect did not go unnoticed..!! redrus

no.

roy keane thought it was a red too.

Yeah, tough one. I think the ref spoiled the game with a very harsh red, it seems only Leeds fans think if was a red. Yellow at most. Anyway, that was not Real's fault, they went on and did a job, we had our chances after that too and, on another night possibly but, it was not to be. Well done Madrid, I will be following your fortunes now, good luck Ronnie lad, your respect did not go unnoticed..!! redrus

no.

I think Keane might be an undiagnosed high profile bipolar sufferer

no.

Roysten he has been bitter against united since we shown him the door, so take what he say's with a pinch of saltthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

i'm not going to get into a big debate about it because i'm just glad united got beat, but i can see why the ref gave it. dangerous play, serious foul play, straight red card. nani's karate-kicked the opponent in the chest. big majority of continental referees would send anyone off for that, doesn't matter who or in what match. this "ruined the game" nonsense is just silly.

just calling it how it looked santi. i didn't watch the match live, just seeing highlights now. if that bruce lee effort had been on a united player in the premier league you can bet ferguson would have no problem with the player being sent off. in fact he'd be down them steps demanding it just like he was down them steps making a show of himself against madrid.

are people maintaining that the referee was bent then?

just calling it how it looked santi. i didn't watch the match live, just seeing highlights now. if that bruce lee effort had been on a united player in the premier league you can bet ferguson would have no problem with the player being sent off. in fact he'd be down them steps demanding it just like he was down them steps making a show of himself against madrid.

are people maintaining that the referee was bent then?

I don't think anyone has said he was a bent ref. He just made a bloody aweful mess of that decision is all.

I totally agree with you about how Ferguson would react and i have no sympathy for him at all. but thats irrelevent.

• Like 1

nani shouldn't have jumped with his studs into an opponent's chest then. making a european referee make a call like that is always a risk and european refs aren't as terrified of mister ferguson as premier league ones are.

just reading elsewhere that madrid were denied a nailed-on penalty and red card for a handball by rafael?