Manchester United

redrus

if you have money and you are famous you get off,

Don't tell Mike Tyson that will ya :D

mate if gerrard wants to take up boxing we couldthrow him in the ring with tyson, it would quicky wipe that smug grin of his face :)

if you have money and you are famous you get off,

Don't tell Mike Tyson that will ya :D

mate if gerrard wants to take up boxing we couldthrow him in the ring with tyson, it would quicky wipe that smug grin of his face :D

There's people who'd pay a lot of money to see Gerrard get boxed in the ring and, I'm sure Mike learned a few tricks.... :)

redrus

redrus

Caught the second half of Man U's game in Seoul tonight. Cracking entertainment for a pre-season game. Much more exciting than the Liverpool game in Thailand.

Liverpool fans in Thailand, and probably Singapore too, have been shortchanged by watching a training ground XI of Liverpool benchwarmers go throught their pre-season stretches and little else. What a sham!

MAN UNITED NEWS

Sir Alex wants 15 goals from rejuvenated Owen

July 25, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

Sir Alex Ferguson has set Michael Owen a 15-goal target for his debut season at Manchester United.

GettyImages

Owen has two in two for United.

Owen was a surprise capture for a club reeling at the loss of Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez from their title-winning squad.

At first, most United fans were seriously underwhelmed by the signing. However, with two goals in three games on the Red Devils' Far East tour so far, Owen has hit the ground running and looks fitter and fresher than at any stage during four seasons at Newcastle.

Ferguson, though, does intend paying some heed to Owen's past fitness record.

The Scot nevertheless expects Owen to figure in 25 games this term. And providing he reaches that figure, Ferguson sees no reason why his new forward should fail to hit the 15-goal mark.

"Michael has scored two already and I hope there are plenty more to come," said the Red Devils chief. "If you look at his record over the years, even the last two years at Newcastle when they were going through a difficult time, he scored one in every two games.

"He is easily capable of reaching that level again. If he plays 25 games for me this season I think we'll get 15 goals."

Ferguson was speaking ahead of tomorrow's encounter with Hangzhou Greentown at the Dragon Stadium, which will conclude another successful trip to Asia that once again highlights how popular United are in this part of the world.

The reaction in South Korea to Park Ji-sung's arrival was astounding, while United arrived in China to instantly find their team hotel mobbed by supporters today, with high pitched screaming coming every time one of the players ventured into public view.

Little wonder Ferguson is not ruling out the possibility of signing another Chinese player, despite the purchase of Dong Fangzhou now being regarded as a failure.

"United are always searching for talent throughout the world," said Ferguson. "Of course we had Dong for a couple of years.

"He is a good boy, a good professional and he did his very best but unfortunately it didn't work out for him. However if we see potential we will bring them to United. Our search always goes on."

just a update from the china tour match united are 4-0 up at half time owen 2 berbatov and tosic,we are playing some brilliant football!

watch the 4th goal owens 2nd goal a brilliant goal.

berbatov has been class!

so hasowen tosic nani and fabio.

all looking good so far thispre season.

Inter Boss Jose Mourinho: I Want To Succeed Sir Alex Ferguson At Manchester United

The former Chelsea boss has put his name forward as the man to eventually replace the Scot...

28 Jul 2009 08:02:06

Inter coach Jose Mourinho has declared himself interested in replacing Sir Alex Ferguson as manager of Manchester United, once the great Scot retires.

Mourinho bossed Chelsea to back-to-back Premier League titles during his tenure at Stamford Bridge. His reign over the Blues came to an unceremonious end after a breakdown in the relationship between the Portuguese and owner Roman Abramovich.

'The Special One' has since been successful in Italy, winning Serie A, but would welcome a return to England with the Red Devils in the future.

"I would consider going to Manchester United but United have to consider if their want me to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson," Mourinho said, according to The Daily Mail.

"If they do, then of course.

"I like England where the fans are very passionate and make a game a beautiful occasion with an incredible atmosphere."

Mourinho also took somewhat of a belated parting shot at Chelsea after his "divorce" from the club, citing the differing fortunes of the two parties since their less than amicable split.

He continued, "I had many conversations before Chelsea and I decided on a divorce.

"It was difficult because we loved each other but the relationship went in one direction and it was best for everyone.

"Since I left, I became champion again but they have not been champions again. I keep winning and they don't."

The new away strip released today...

Are they sure they will they be able to see each other in this one again, ken :)

Yeah I hope we get bright floodlights this year when we play away, somebody like Accrington Stanley in the F.A, Cup.......... :D

Edited by LeungKen

Just read a bad bit of news lads.

"Manchester United Lose Edwin Van der Sar For Eight Weeks"

According to a report in The Sun, Manchester United have ruled out their starting goalkeeper, Edwin van der Sar, for the next eight weeks with a hand problem.

More here :-

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009...r-sar-for-eight

Now is the time for Ben Foster to stand up and be counted.

Just read a bad bit of news lads.

"Manchester United Lose Edwin Van der Sar For Eight Weeks"

According to a report in The Sun, Manchester United have ruled out their starting goalkeeper, Edwin van der Sar, for the next eight weeks with a hand problem.

More here :-

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009...r-sar-for-eight

Now is the time for Ben Foster to stand up and be counted.

Things happen for a reason. Foster has been going on about wanting to be number 1, now is the chance to prove it.

Things happen for a reason. Foster has been going on about wanting to be number 1, now is the chance to prove it.

I feel sorry for Foster. His goal is going to peppered on the 20th Sept. Van Der Sar has chickened out :D

hmm, tevez constantly slipping while bending down for the soap and santa cruz tendinitus from too much wanking i guess, may have to give foster a smelling salt or two to keep him awake.

slow day on the city thread? :)

Anyone know if our game against Valencia is shown on True tonight?

Good game to watch despite the hour (getting old I am). Lots of chances - Owen should have had at least 3. Our Valencia was brilliant.

Anyways, witnessed the funniest thing in a long while. At half time Valencia made all of their 10 changes - everyone but the goalkeeper.

15 minutes into the second half, left full back gets injured and comes off. No more subs left though on the bench. After a few embarassing minutes for the their big mouth coach, they moved one of their midfielders back to play full back and brought on their reserve keeper to play a holding role.

Suprising did quite well - commentators were chuckling about him grabbing the ball out of the air on corners and the like.

:)

Yes i heard that another classic from red tinted specs paddy crerand,

:) must admit bit of a character old Paddy, at times he finds it hard to keep up with whats going on and being said. Comes across as a nice old man though, bit like my Grandad :D

Chelsea just about shaded it and Rooneys injury time goal only gave United a brief reprieve.

But what a nasty piece of work that German <deleted> Ballack is,as if we didnt already know.

Blatant bad foul on Evra before Chelseas second goal and then Evra booked for a hard tackle on Ballack which won the ball.

The referee was advertised as Martin Atkinson so I was surprised when it actually turned out to be Rowan Atkinson !

But for United,Fosters kicking was atrocious and where are the goals going to come from now Ronaldo has gone.Believe it or not Nani was Uniteds most creative player before he went off injured!

Never heard any commentator mention Roonies goal was about 2 yards offside.

Definite foul on Evra leaving Lampard unmarked for a 3 on 2 situation with the outcome of a goal.

How the officials didn't see both those situations... The quality of football in the Premier leagues improves each season but the Refs are getting worse! The ref ruined the flow of the game at times and he was very disappointing.

However it was a surprisingly competitive and quality game to watch considering its still a pre season and good to see both teams go for it.

Some things never change Fergie berating the Ref at the end :)

Anyway as you all said cant wait for the new season to start.