Manchester United

redrus

not to ignore the rest of your post rix, i do like the irony of the situation which is surely not lost on rooney? he was complaining that the reason he wanted to leave was the club's lack of money to spend on top class players. his solution? sign a massive £65m contract at a club which clearly has financial troubles and puts himself on a gigantic salary with which prospective top class target signings will undoubtedly want parity / similarity. catch-22 from the chubby grannybanger.

Mate, i'd be impressed if he didn't think that "irony" was the device used by some unknown member of his staff to put creases in his slacks.

Re the points you make, i'm with you all the way. This one stinks of hypocrisy,,, as well as utter BS.

Cannot believe we are joint 2nd after our worst start for 6 years,what have the other teams been up too?

If not for the silly drop point at everton fulham and at home to wba we would be a lot closer to chelsea.

We have not played chelsea city or arsenal yet,these become must win games if we are to have any chance of winning the league.

Good to see ferdinand and vidic together again they are solid as a rock at the back,just our midfield need strengthening.

Was a good result at stoke,neville should have walked he is a liability now should have hung his boots up at the end of last season,how wes brown does not start only fergie know's.

Wolves tonight hope to see a few of the fringe players play and would like to see bebe play a full game(think fergie would too)

Edited by nev

Two of our top young talent have just been handed squad numbers robbie brady has been given number 37,and one of englands top emerging talents ravel morrison has been handed the number 49.

Both in the squad for tonight i hope they get to play really want to see ravel play the things he does with the ball is amazing he is a future star a attacking midfielder.Watch out for this lad i have high hopes for him.

Wolves really played well i thought, and cut through our defence more often and more effectively than we did theirs. Thank goodness they didn't have a more clinical finisher to put away their chances.

Macheda was looking increasingly frustrated with himself. Bebe showed flashes of what he is about, but faded pretty early. Obertan looked great to me, but he needs more games to hone his talent - know when to pass, when to shoot - and to build an understanding with other players.

Unbeaten record remains. Onwards we go...

Yes rix that is 21 games unbeaten, thought jarvis for wolves had a excellent game could be our answer on the left wing.

Hernandez is turning in to be a excellent buy for us great finisher just like ole.

Bebe did ok but to me looked nervous a few games might cure that and he does not

speak english which does not help him.

Was hopping to see morrison given a chance.

Yes rix that is 21 games unbeaten, thought jarvis for wolves had a excellent game could be our answer on the left wing.

Jarvis was good but i'm not sure he was that good. He took advantage of some sloppy defence. I don't think he would have had much joy up against our first eleven.

Hernandez is turning in to be a excellent buy for us great finisher just like ole.

Shades of Owen for me, but you are right, Ole was great at coming on and doing the business just like that.

Well if breeding is anything to go by then young Chicharito seems to have the right pedigree with both his father & maternal grandfather representing Mexico.

He seems a well spoken lad with the right attitude from what little I've seen of him in interviews, plus the fans have warmed to him from the start, so fingers crossed that all goes well.

Just read that Owen has suffered another hamstring injury, looks like more time off on sick-pay............:huh:

Just read that Owen has suffered another hamstring injury, looks like more time off on sick-pay............:huh:

Time has come to retire i'm sad to say. United now has too many young up and coming strikers that need bleeding in, for the club to be able to offer Owen any first team action. Owen's career was impressive. OK, he never quite lived up to the hype that followed his bursting on to the scene in 1998 - mainly because of injury - but he still had some great spells. Time to hang up the boots son.

And take Neville with you.

Time has come to retire i'm sad to say. United now has too many young up and coming strikers that need bleeding in, for the club to be able to offer Owen any first team action. Owen's career was impressive. OK, he never quite lived up to the hype that followed his bursting on to the scene in 1998 - mainly because of injury - but he still had some great spells. Time to hang up the boots son.

Agree on both rix neville should have hung his boots up last season still think owen has a part to play but can see him leaving in january maybe to villa.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/27/michael-owen-manchester-united-chat-children

I was saddened to hear that United legend Nobby Stiles had to auction off a lot of his football memorabilia recently. ..:(

There's an article here :-

http://www.dailymail...ney-family.html

"We got £1,000 each for winning the World Cup, £650 after tax. It wasn't about the money, we were very proud of winning, that was the difference in those days."

Pleased to hear that Manchester United bought a lot of it for their museum....:D

Edited by LeungKen

This from soccernet.

Owen happy to be United bench-warmer

Michael Owen has revealed he would rather sit on Manchester United's bench than be a first-team regular at a lesser team in the Premier League.

Preview: Man United v Tottenham

• Owen suffers hamstring blow

Forgotten striker Owen is set for more time on the sidelines due to a new hamstring injury suffered in training which is set to keep him for around four weeks but it's questionable whether he'd be given a look-in at United anyway due to the club's attacking options.

With Dimitar Berbatov and now Javier Hernandez in red-hot form, Wayne Rooney newly commited to the club and youngster Federico Macheda also in the frame it's hard to see Owen adding to his meagre 14 starts in 15 months in the near future.

Just six of those opportunities have come in the Premier League but Owen, 30, insists he'd rather warm United's bench for the sake of being surrounded by quality when he does play rather than toil away up front for a "poorer" Premier League team.

"I won't drop down the leagues and whether I would even want to drop down to a poorer Premier League team ... I don't know," he told the Guardian. "Yes, I could score goals, but I would probably get less opportunities and less enjoyment. I think I'd rather play less and train with top players, rather than playing every minute of every game, getting three or four touches and not enjoying it."

Given Owen's attitude towards playing at a lesser standard than United, there's even a chance he could think of retiring at the end of the season when his United deal runs out - if his wish of a new contract isn't granted.

"It's a question for the manager really, but if you ask my opinion I would love to stay. I never thought I would start every game when I joined the club and I have never complained about anything. Honestly, I've loved it here. I signed a two-year contract, I'm only 60% into that and hopefully we will talk [about extending it] before the end of the season."

Owen, 30, admitted he may have actually peaked as a teenager. The former England striker has been plagued by injury throughout his career and although he has adjusted his game over the years, his best strength was his pace, which started to diminish as soon as his early twenties due to problems with his body.

"They had taken something away by the time I was 21, to be honest," Owen said. "At 18 to 20, I was probably one of the quickest things around, at the peak of my powers. But what can you do? I can play different ways now. I can link play better now, I can do things I couldn't do when I was younger. And you never lose the instinct of being a goalscorer, of knowing where the ball is going to drop. It can just take a bit longer to get into that position now."

Cheers for that. Interesting read.

I don't of course expect any Liverpool fan to agree with this, as they have their own set of issues with the man, but as an England and a United fan myself, i think Owen has been the ultimate pro on and off the field and he sets a fine example that i doubt many of the up and coming lads will ever replicate.

Wish him the best and hope he stays at the club in some capacity.

So chaps i'm presuming you are all very confident about tonight baring in mind your record against us (and the fact that every ref decision goes against us) or do you worry this might be the day.

Who's playing right back btw? Hope its not the Neviller :o

So chaps i'm presuming you are all very confident about tonight baring in mind your record against us (and the fact that every ref decision goes against us) or do you worry this might be the day.

No not overly confident you have a good chance.

But you record this season 5 home games 6 goals, away 4 away games 5 goals.

There is a media w**k fest about spurs this season the record above does not show that.

This is the game spurs need to show how good they are or not.

I go for a close game utd to edge it 2-1.

No not overly confident you have a good chance.

But you record this season 5 home games 6 goals, away 4 away games 5 goals.

There is a media w**k fest about spurs this season the record above does not show that.

This is the game spurs need to show how good they are or not.

I go for a close game utd to edge it 2-1.

I expect us to give you a good game tonight certainly we will create plenty of chances.....whether we take any of them is another matter.

Is spud-u-like back from his holidays then?

Edited by smokie36

Not too much about the way we have been playing so far this season to inspire confidence. I think it'll be a tight game that could go either way. You have some players who can turn it on and if they do, anything could happen. Same goes for us really. A draw wouldn't be a surprise. Hope not though. May the best team win, and all that <deleted>...

Mr Bo, you seen who Rochdale have got in The FA Cup on Friday the 5th....? ;)

redrus

Confirmed live on ESPN, do not know if on in thailand.friday 5th november

F C U M.

Have sold 1500 tickets today and releasing another 500,so there will be 2000 there.

Edited by nev

That will be some top aptmosphere under the lights at our place in the Quarters...;)

Bouncing night of Football, top notch..

Sure will be mate,and you are going alright at arsenal right now keep it up.

Growing up as a kid watching Brian Rix & his Whitehall farces never really did much for me.

But last night at the Theatre of Dreams there was a great moment in this old tradition.

:lol:.

I almost felt sorry for the Spurs fans, but took a deep breath & got over it.

Perish the thought if Fergie had been in Harry's position . :shock1:

PS I guess the old adage play to the whistle holds true.

Sorry for the way the game ended. I thought the officiating there left a lot to be desired. Nani very clearly handled the ball so if a penalty wasn't being given clearly it should have been a free kick. But then why Gomes thought he was taking a free kick from where he placed the ball, i don't know. I think had Gomes placed the ball where Nani handled it, Nani probably wouldn't have gone for it. So blame on the keeper too.

All that said, i think we deserved the victory. Spurs though played quite well and i think had Van de Vaart stayed on, they could have got something. He was a real stand-out player in their team, much as Nani was in ours. As you guys know, i've been very critical of him in the past and i'm still not completely sold, but give him his due, this season in quite a few games it has been like watching the one-man Nani show! Perhaps all those average performances he made us suffer is finally bearing some fruit.

stupid by gomes just as it was stupid by turner for sunderland against us the other week. you play to the whistle, you're supposed to learn that about age 5.

pisspoor again by clattenburg though. really rated him when he first came through as a ref, he's gone downhill rapidly though.