Manchester United

redrus

I'm really hoping Refael picks up an injury before Sunday's game. Neville v monkey boy would be hilarious to watch......:D

even more hilarious if neville were to bring down monkey boy in the box and to see if the ref were to give a penalty. whistling.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif

Not very likely though is it? :D More chance Bale trips over his bootlaces.....wonder if the ref would give a penalty for that....after all its Neville's fault for chasing him into the box. Perfectly reasonable to some eyes on this thread for sure!

More importantly, penguins are not allowed on this thread: gonna report you to the nearest Orca. Don't you have a dancing chicken or something?

I'm really hoping Refael picks up an injury before Sunday's game. Neville v monkey boy would be hilarious to watch......:D

even more hilarious if neville were to bring down monkey boy in the box and to see if the ref were to give a penalty. whistling.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif

Not very likely though is it? :D More chance Bale trips over his bootlaces.....wonder if the ref would give a penalty for that....after all its Neville's fault for chasing him into the box. Perfectly reasonable to some eyes on this thread for sure!

More importantly, penguins are not allowed on this thread: gonna report you to the nearest Orca. Don't you have a dancing chicken or something?

You've just made my day James! :cheesy: :cheesy:

Hit Ctrl+F5 and your nightmare should be over.....hahaha!

i thought penguins were welcomed with open arms on this thread !

with special allowances and pride of place being given to the Clattenberg and Webb variety of the species. biggrin.gif

or am i getting them more confused with sea lions and dolphins, that you would usually expect to find clapping their fins together when performing particular acts for a reward. wink.gif

Edited by tigerfish

Well said redrus my first reaction was it was not a penalty but berbatov is not a diver like nani and i believe him what he said he knocked his trailing leg and put him off balance as they say some go your way others do not.

He did knock his Leg therefore fouling him, in the Penalty area..

Clear Penalty.

Well said redrus my first reaction was it was not a penalty but berbatov is not a diver like nani and i believe him what he said he knocked his trailing leg and put him off balance as they say some go your way others do not.

Clear Penalty.

Never a penalty. Yes there was a touch. But it's not a penalty and the striker made a meal of it.

Clear Penalty.

Never a penalty. Yes there was a touch. But it's not a penalty and the striker made a meal of it.

Number 7 looks quite conclusive - penalty.

Here are 10 offences that can lead to a direct free-kick.

When a player:

Kicks or attempts to kick an opponent

<li>Trips or attempts to trip an opponent

<li>Jumps at an opponent

<li>Charges an opponent

<li>Strikes or attempts to strike an opponent

<li>Pushes an opponent

<li>Makes contact with the opponent before touching the ball when tackling

<li>Holds an opponent

<li>Spits at an opponent

<li>Handles the ball deliberately If any of these offences are committed by a player inside their own penalty area then it's a penalty.

Clear Penalty.

Number 7 looks quite conclusive - penalty.

Here are 10 offences that can lead to a direct free-kick.

When a player:

Kicks or attempts to kick an opponent

<li>Trips or attempts to trip an opponent

<li>Jumps at an opponent

<li>Charges an opponent

<li>Strikes or attempts to strike an opponent

<li>Pushes an opponent

<li>Makes contact with the opponent before touching the ball when tackling

<li>Holds an opponent

<li>Spits at an opponent

<li>Handles the ball deliberately If any of these offences are committed by a player inside their own penalty area then it's a penalty.

So? We have have argued for a lot worse blatant penalties over the years and they were not given. Never consistent refereing either. I for one would not have given it. Others would have. Isn't that one of those things that people argue about cameras/goal line technology? Makes it interesting?

So? We have have argued for a lot worse blatant penalties over the years and they were not given. Never consistent refereing either. I for one would not have given it. Others would have. Isn't that one of those things that people argue about cameras/goal line technology? Makes it interesting?

If you / we can not agree after watching the TV Replays what chance does a referee have ????

What was the result ? 1 nil to Man Utd end of story because that what the record books will show ps well done BlACKPOOL :jap: THAT result will upset a few Predictions..

BT

If you / we can not agree after watching the TV Replays what chance does a referee have ????

Exactly BT. That's why there should be the use of technology. And if the replays aren't conclusive either way, you do the same as in Cricket and the original decision stands.

Exactly BT. That's why there should be the use of technology. And if the replays aren't conclusive either way, you do the same as in Cricket and the original decision stands.

Agree - technology has added to the sports where it has been introduced, not detracted from them. In the NFL the challenge/time out and review approach has raised technology in sport to another entertaining part of match strategy. Football is run by dinosaurs.

Agree - technology has added to the sports where it has been introduced, not detracted from them. In the NFL the challenge/time out and review approach has raised technology in sport to another entertaining part of match strategy. Football is run by dinosaurs.

I didn't know our favorite scouse Stevie ran Football :unsure:

You can stop this replay technology discussion right now, bugger off and start your own thread you losers... Seems like the only ones that want replay technology are the ones that win &lt;deleted&gt; all....!!!! Get a grip and get a good team.....!!

Create your own history.

redrus

You can stop this replay technology discussion right now, bugger off and start your own thread you losers... Seems like the only ones that want replay technology are the ones that win &lt;deleted&gt; all....!!!! Get a grip and get a good team.....!!

Create your own history.

redrus

Unfortunately mate its needed these days to help nulify the "Blatter effect" on matches.

Anyone remember the Chelsea/Barca CL 2nd leg a cuople of years ago?

:sorry: Now back to Manure and the end of your unbeaten run at the weekend. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately mate its needed these days to help nulify the "Blatter effect" on matches.

Anyone remember the Chelsea/Barca CL 2nd leg a cuople of years ago?

I don't agree wih you often but on this occasion I CONCUR that game was FIXED for sure and I don't like Chelski at all.

:sorry: Now back to Manure and the end of your unbeaten run at the weekend. :thumbsup:

Re this comment I see I am back to NOT agreeing with you - however I assume you are Dreaming again :blink:

BT :jap:

Create your own history.

redrus

Could not have expressed my opinion better Rus^ Lets hope we win in the last minute Rooney put through in an offside position skipping passed 2 spurs defenders only to dive(acrobatic stylie) over Gomez the clown ....and score from a retaken penalty that is taken in over-time awarded by the official United referee :lol:

Create your own history.

redrus

Could not have expressed my opinion better Rus^ Lets hope we win in the last minute Rooney put through in an offside position skipping passed 2 spurs defenders only to dive(acrobatic stylie) over Gomez the clown ....and score from a retaken penalty that is taken in over-time awarded by the official United referee :lol:

You won't be coming back from 3-0 down. Keep dreaming....this aint the theatre of lies....:angry:

Create your own history.

redrus

You won't be coming back from 3-0 down. Keep dreaming....this aint the theatre of lies....:angry:

3-0 down ???? Who is dreaming Smokes!!!! ps If and its a BIG IF you win I will buy you a beer at the Crossbar - Of Course it will have to be in the Happy Hour as I don't want to get carried away. :jap:

Happy New Year and I hope to see you soon. :jap:

We are having a Burns Supper in the Crossbar on the 28th Jan so any Man Utd Supporters or other TV football supporters will be most welcome but you will have to advise me so I can organise and advise The Management.

Perhaps we could also have an Unofficial TV piss up too.

Tattie and Leek soup, Haggis Neeps and Tatties, Bangers and Mash, Cheese and Bannocks, Coffee/ Tea

And 2 Litre bottles of Malt Whisky and all for 500 Baht...... :D

BT

3-0 down ???? Who is dreaming Smokes!!!! ps If and its a BIG IF you win I will buy you a beer at the Crossbar - Of Course it will have to be in the Happy Hour as I don't want to get carried away. :jap:

We are having a Burns Supper in the Crossbar on the 28th Jan so any Man Utd Supporters or other TV football supporters will be most welcome but you will have to advise me so I can organise and advise The Management.

Tattie and Leek soup, Haggis Neeps and Tatties, Bangers and Mash, Cheese and Bannocks, Coffee/ Tea

BT

:D Just stirring you lot up....given our performance at OT last time out I want to see us keep possession better and create some chances....then we'll see. ;)

A beer it is although might have to wait a wee while to savour it......enjoy your Burns supper.....sounds like an unforgettable night (well for some anyway!;) ) :lol:

A happy and prosperous New Year to you as well. :jap:

Edited by smokie36

Create your own history.

redrus

BT

Up for a bit of that :D

BT

Good on you, would be great to meet up and see the faces - a bit of Culture and most importantly have a GREAT night with good food beers and Whisky what more can one ask for ????

Perhaps I should start a new thread ??? any others interested ????

BT :jap:

BT

Great idea......how much whisky can you handle Surrey boy? :lol:

You have a one week, ten-day at max, window to offer such wishes smokie. You come on here, 15 days late, all full of your happy and prosperous well wishes. Well i say no. You had your chance. You missed it. Wait till next year. biggrin.gif

You have a one week, ten-day at max, window to offer such wishes smokie. You come on here, 15 days late, all full of your happy and prosperous well wishes. Well i say no. You had your chance. You missed it. Wait till next year. biggrin.gif

You lemon rixalex. BigToe and meself are Scots and would offer each other the same greeting in February if we hadn't yet spoken. ;)

Typical cockney humour I suppose....:whistling::D

You lemon rixalex. BigToe and meself are Scots and would offer each other the same greeting in February if we hadn't yet spoken. ;)

Typical cockney humour I suppose....:whistling::D

You lemon? Isn't that cockney? biggrin.gif

:D It must be rubbing off after all these years.....

Both our full backs have pace can defend and can also get forward to their credit :rolleyes:

You have been waiting for this game sooooo much haven't you :lol:

Yes :lol:

This is going to be very interesting. Should be a great game.

Who's the ref? :o