Manchester United

redrus

Oh yeah. And the ref helped you. Vidic was off-side for his goal thumbsup.gif

Looks like justice was served to them after all by another Man.......................... United team then w00t.gif for the handy-ball last week.

clap2.gifcheesy.gifbiggrin.png

Win whistling.gif

Does anyone know if the United v West Ham replay game is being shown on Thai Tv on Weds night (Thurs morning actually) ?

I have checked on my remote for true and on the thaitv channels nothing is showing up as football,might have to watch online.

and he missed a great opportunity to send off Skrtel when he hauled Welback back when through on goal in the second half.

was it denial of an obvious goalscoring opportunity? no. correct call by the referee, who had a really intelligent game i thought.

The argument i heard being given against the red card was that the keeper was favourite to win the ball. Looking at the trajectory the ball was on, i think Welbeck would have got an outstretched foot to it, before it got to Reina, were it not for the foul, although it would have required a decent touch. So obvious goalscoring opportunity? Perhaps not. Red could have been given, but as it wasn't clear cut, yellow was the right call i think.

The incident that really baffled me though, was the one in which RVP's back heel was saved off the line, and then Kagawa bearing down hard on the rebounding ball, gets a rough shove in the back from Wisdom causing him to collide hard with Reina. Stone wall penalty, although i understand how the ref's attention was focused away from it and how he missed it. Still, we should have had a penalty there to go three up. But that wasn't what actually baffled me. What baffled me was what happened after that foul on Kagawa. Reina is down obviously in some pain to his leg. Liverpool plays on and starts a quick counter attack. They play all the way down to our box, knowing that their keeper was injured all the while, but not kicking the ball out. I was thinking as they did, what a risk they were taking, because if they lost possession, we would be able to hit back with their keeper on the ground. Anyway, Liverpool's counter fizzles out to nothing, we get possession back, and the moment that we do, the ref blows for the injury to Reina?!. What the <deleted> was that all about?! It wasn't a head injury, and as such, the onus is on the team mates of the injured player to stop play if they want treatment for him. They decided they would prefer to have a go at attacking us. Fine, but then play shouldn't have stopped the moment they lost possession. Bizarre.

That business aside, it was a strange game and showed how quickly momentum can turn within 90 minutes. We looked so strong and everything was so effortless in the first half, and then you get a goal that really came out of nowhere, and from that moment onwards, we were totally on the back foot and just doing our best to hold on. It does make you wonder how the game would have panned out had Liverpool started with Sturridge and been a bit braver. You could see the master plan to soak up pressure was a stupid plan doomed to fail, from the first five minutes of play. One of the few things i did admire about the Special One, was the way he wasn't scared of making changes early on if things weren't working. I think i even recall one occasion when he made all three substitutions about 20 minutes in, in the first half. Takes a brave man to do that, but sometimes i do think it is worth the gamble. If ever there was a time for such braveness, i think that was the moment for Rodgers to show his. Luckily for us he didn't.

• Like 1

But that wasn't what actually baffled me. What baffled me was what happened after that foul on Kagawa. Reina is down obviously in some pain to his leg. Liverpool plays on and starts a quick counter attack. They play all the way down to our box, knowing that their keeper was injured all the while, but not kicking the ball out. I was thinking as they did, what a risk they were taking, because if they lost possession, we would be able to hit back with their keeper on the ground. Anyway, Liverpool's counter fizzles out to nothing, we get possession back, and the moment that we do, the ref blows for the injury to Reina?!. What the <deleted> was that all about?! It wasn't a head injury, and as such, the onus is on the team mates of the injured player to stop play if they want treatment for him. They decided they would prefer to have a go at attacking us. Fine, but then play shouldn't have stopped the moment they lost possession. Bizarre.

quick answer as am working, will reply more later. it was a head injury that one, i watched it again - looked like clash of shins/knees at first but reina actually caught kagawa's elbow in his head and that's why he stayed down. i think that the referee and our players both missed it, but it was weird that the ref allowed play to continue. if a goalkeeper stays down injured for whatever reason they normally stop play. i don't think anyone really realised what had happened - i certainly didn't until i saw a couple of slow-mo replays.

• Like 1

But that wasn't what actually baffled me. What baffled me was what happened after that foul on Kagawa. Reina is down obviously in some pain to his leg. Liverpool plays on and starts a quick counter attack. They play all the way down to our box, knowing that their keeper was injured all the while, but not kicking the ball out. I was thinking as they did, what a risk they were taking, because if they lost possession, we would be able to hit back with their keeper on the ground. Anyway, Liverpool's counter fizzles out to nothing, we get possession back, and the moment that we do, the ref blows for the injury to Reina?!. What the <deleted> was that all about?! It wasn't a head injury, and as such, the onus is on the team mates of the injured player to stop play if they want treatment for him. They decided they would prefer to have a go at attacking us. Fine, but then play shouldn't have stopped the moment they lost possession. Bizarre.

quick answer as am working, will reply more later. it was a head injury that one, i watched it again - looked like clash of shins/knees at first but reina actually caught kagawa's elbow in his head and that's why he stayed down. i think that the referee and our players both missed it, but it was weird that the ref allowed play to continue. if a goalkeeper stays down injured for whatever reason they normally stop play. i don't think anyone really realised what had happened - i certainly didn't until i saw a couple of slow-mo replays.

Well if he did have a head injury (as he was gripping his leg it certainly didn't appear that way) then that would explain the ref stopping play, although it doesn't explain the bizarre timing of when he did stop it - ie the moment you lost possession... unless that just fortuitously happened to coincide with when it dawned on him that it was a head injury.

The incident that really baffled me though, was the one in which RVP's back heel was saved off the line, and then Kagawa bearing down hard on the rebounding ball, gets a rough shove in the back from Wisdom causing him to collide hard with Reina. Stone wall penalty, although i understand how the ref's attention was focused away from it and how he missed it. Still, we should have had a penalty there to go three up.

Yup, clear penalty when watching it again, but in real time difficult to see from the refs position.

Manchester United confirm interest in Wilfried Zaha but David Gill warns: 'It's not done yet'

David Gill has confirmed Manchester United are chasing Wilfried Zaha.

The forward has been linked with all the Premier League's top clubs since emerging from the Crystal Palace academy to become a full England international this season.

According to recent reports, United have stolen a march on the likes of Arsenal and Tottenham by offering a lucrative deal which involves loaning Zaha back to Palace for the rest of the Championship campaign.

Gill would not confirm that, but the Old Trafford chief executive told Sky Sports News: "He is one of the players that we are looking at.

"That is all I will say at the moment. I've been in football long enough to say that is not done until it's done. He's one of the players we are looking at, but it is far from done."

Palace boss Ian Holloway is adamant any deal for Zaha this month must include provision for the 20-year-old to finish the season at Selhurst Park.

And Gill made it clear he would accommodate that demand, saying: "Even if we did do something with Wilfried, that would be for the summer."

Manchester United confirm interest in Wilfried Zaha but David Gill warns: 'It's not done yet'

David Gill has confirmed Manchester United are chasing Wilfried Zaha.

The forward has been linked with all the Premier League's top clubs since emerging from the Crystal Palace academy to become a full England international this season.

According to recent reports, United have stolen a march on the likes of Arsenal and Tottenham by offering a lucrative deal which involves loaning Zaha back to Palace for the rest of the Championship campaign.

Gill would not confirm that, but the Old Trafford chief executive told Sky Sports News: "He is one of the players that we are looking at.

"That is all I will say at the moment. I've been in football long enough to say that is not done until it's done. He's one of the players we are looking at, but it is far from done."

Palace boss Ian Holloway is adamant any deal for Zaha this month must include provision for the 20-year-old to finish the season at Selhurst Park.

And Gill made it clear he would accommodate that demand, saying: "Even if we did do something with Wilfried, that would be for the summer."

Old news really isn't it Red. I thought everyone else had backed off and it was more or less all said and done.

Well this is the first official statement from within the club aside from Zaha's tweet......i have still not seen him play to have an opinion about him really so i will give the lad time if he does sign for us but he will be defo staying at Palace till the season end whatever happens.

Well this is the first official statement from within the club aside from Zaha's tweet......i have still not seen him play to have an opinion about him really so i will give the lad time if he does sign for us but he will be defo staying at Palace till the season end whatever happens.

Don't worry Red, he must be good because Utd have never signed a duff em !

By all accounts he's the most hyped young players in recent years so i think its fair to say you arn't really taking a risk! biggrin.png

Edited by carmine

Thats it then,on hold it is, as apparently Utd won't buy him until you've given old red nose the sp on him Red 23.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Thats it then,on hold it is as apparently Utd won't buy him until you've given old red nose the sp on him Red 23.gif

We should report Utd to the FA and demand a full investigation for trying to sign a player we wanted. Disgraceful.

• Like 1

Thats it then,on hold it is, as apparently Utd won't buy him until you've given old red nose the sp on him Red 23.gif

Silly boy Alfie! go and do your lines and after that put your stupid hat again and stand in the corner like all the dunces eh! wink.png

• Like 1

Can't believe this ...............

Sam Allardyce launched a furious attack on referee Phil Dowd and claimed Manchester United have an unfair advantage over penalty decisions at Old Trafford.

The West Ham manager tore into Dowd for awarding a penalty for handball against full back Jordan Spence just moments after waving away similar appeals against Rafael in the United area.

Edited by alfieconn

Can't believe this ...............

Sam Allardyce launched a furious attack on referee Phil Dowd and claimed Manchester United have an unfair advantage over penalty decisions at Old Trafford.

The West Ham manager tore into Dowd for awarding a penalty for handball against full back Jordan Spence just moments after waving away similar appeals against Rafael in the United area.

Judging ball to hand or hand to ball is always going to be a tricky subjective business. For me the two main criteria in awarding a penalty are 1) was the arm tight to the body or outstretched away 2) was the distance and speed of the ball sufficient for the player to get their arm out of the way

In the case of Spence, i do believe he "qualified" on both criteria. In the case of Rafael, i'd need to see a few more replays, but gut instinct was probably not.

Stuttgart in advanced negotiations to sign Manchester United forward Macheda, claims agent

Read More : http://www.goal.com/...ws&ICID=HP_BN_5

Wise move to sell him in all truth look at the loans he had out and not even made an in-panic while there i have also seen him play in the man utd reserves these past few month and has been awful i would be surprise if we get £2M ...

As for Wilfried Zaha coming to United said it would happen ... whistling.gif

Edited by Notstupid30

Seeing as old red nose's tactics of "parking the bus'' on sunday nearly paid off, do you think he will employ this tactic more often ? or perhaps only against the better teams !

I must say i was also surprised at the negativity, and even more so being happy with playing ninety minutes with only two shots on target.

The abuse AGAIN of an official was desperate though.