Manchester United

redrus

This pursuit of Fabregas is well embarrassing...your lot should hang heads in ahame for such sheer stupidity....in the paa SAF would have tapped the lad up....been told he aint interested in a move and simply looked elsewhere

Moyes and this new lot are fkin anateur! :D

As amateur as your spelling lad... ;)

redrus

My huge fingers with this Galaxy Ace mate.

To aay nothing of my clenched fists at this Soldado farce today.

But anyway...you must agree it is a ludicrous pursuit?

• Like 1

If that was the case there would be no need for three bids Nads.

Your new lot are showing themselves as naive and a bit thick in the head.

Are you sure you haven't hired Citeh's lot from last summer? rolleyes.gif

Exactly most deals are done after the first bid and then a common ground is found with negotiations.

If you are openly putting a second bid in and getting a firm NO then the Equalizer isn't doing his job properly and just throwing money at them in the public.

I still think they at United must know something we don't.

This pursuit of Fabregas is well embarrassing...your lot should hang heads in ahame for such sheer stupidity....in the paa SAF would have tapped the lad up....been told he aint interested in a move and simply looked elsewhere.

Moyes and this new lot are fkin anateur! biggrin.png

The thing is Smoked no club can be this stupid without some info and i cannot for the life of me believe we have bid 3 fuc_kin times now for him.... 25..30..35 without any come on from the player himself or the club,if so then yes truly a load of crap and they want sorting as soon as because we don't do business like this ...but like i say ..i don't believe that it is true ...once ok .....twice deal with it .....but again for a third time ??

Still you all don't want us to get him because you know he is the player we are crying out for to support Carrick,maybe there really is something in it ,,i don't know. facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

You are desperate for a player like Fabregas. Unless it really is a flat "no sale" from Barca Utd will just pay them what they want because you just can't go into next season so short in the midfield.

i didn't think this deal had an earthly chance of coming off but it sure makes sense if it does.

This pursuit of Fabregas is well embarrassing...your lot should hang heads in ahame for such sheer stupidity....in the paa SAF would have tapped the lad up....been told he aint interested in a move and simply looked elsewhere.

The thing is Smoked no club can be this stupid without some info and i cannot for the life of me believe we have bid 3 fuc_kin times now for him.... 25..30..35 without any come on from the player himself or the club,if so then yes truly a load of crap and they want sorting as soon as because we don't do business like this ...but like i say ..i don't believe that it is true ...once ok .....twice deal with it .....but again for a third time ??

Still you all don't want us to get him because you know he is the player we are crying out for to support Carrick,maybe there really is something in it ,,i don't know. facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

You are desperate for a player like Fabregas. Unless it really is a flat "no sale" from Barca Utd will just pay them what they want because you just can't go into next season so short in the midfield.

i didn't think this deal had an earthly chance of coming off but it sure makes sense if it does.

We did last season... Apparently, short that is...w00t.gif

redrus

On to what I believe is more pressing than the midfield....

Vidic To Miss The Start Of The Season. Do Man United Need A New Centre-Back?

Nemanja Vidic is set to miss the start of the new Premier League season, which is certain to concern new Manchester United manager David Moyes. At 31 years old, Vidic’s recent injury problems have been a worrying to say the least. Vidic managed to make just 19 appearances last season as a result of injuries and the season prior to that he made just six appearances. The latest set-back could suggest that Vidic’s best days are behind him. So does Moyes need to sign another defender?

Manchester United’s other options at the back

Rio Ferdinand is also quite injury prone and probably won’t be at Manchester United in the long term. As such I compared United’s three main other centre-backs; Jonny Evans, Chris Smalling and Phil Jones, all three defenders are set to have a long term future at Man United.

Looking at the table above, Jonny Evans provided eleven defensive actions per game, as well as winning 1.8 tackles per game on average. Smalling and Jones were both less effective in this regard contributing just eight and six defensive actions each respectively.

Both Smalling and Jones also won less tackles per game, less interceptions per game and completed far fewer clearances than Evans. Jonny Evans was United’s main centre-back pairing with Rio Ferdinand last season. Evans was the most prolific defender in terms of his defensive actions making a huge number of clearances and interceptions in particular.

With regards to defensive duels Smalling and Jones also need to improve somewhat. Evans was again impressive, but weakest on headers, winning 2.3 headers per game, 58% of all contested headers. His headed duel success is less than Smalling and Jones, despite him winning a slightly higher number per game. This is one aspect of Evans play that needs to improve as Vidic wins on average 4.2 headers per game at a very impressive 67% success rate.

Jones and Smalling are both good defenders but neither have demonstrated thus far that they are capable of stepping up and playing 30-odd league games in a season. Smalling himself has had his injury problems whilst Jones’ versatility has led to him being used as a right back and defensive midfielder as well as in his favoured position of centre-back. One area both Jones and Smalling would likely need to improve on is their pass accuracy as Evans is very impressive in this regard as he and Ferdinand both boast a passing accuracy of above 89%, Vidic is slightly weaker at 87.4%.

Conclusion

Nemanja Vidic has been a great servant to Manchester United since signing, but over the last two seasons his injury record has brought into doubt his long term role at the club. United need to sign a top class centre-back in the long term especially in the context that Rio Ferdinand’s injury problem is unclear (despite him playing a good number of games last term) and the fact he is 34 years old. Smalling and Jones are good prospects and their versatility does warrant a place in the squad, but they need to improve at centre-back if they are to step up to the first team. For now Jonny Evans has emerged as a good first team performer, someone who will help the transition as the Ferdinand-Vidic partnership is slowly broken up.

redrus

At the moment it's a tie between you guys and Spurs for being the clown car with wheels falling off. :-)

Lots can happen in the next few weeks, but I'm enjoying the Wacky Races!

At the moment it's a tie between you guys and Spurs for being the clown car with wheels falling off. :-)

Are you mad, or quite young mate...... ;) This happens to us every year just about, we always give you laugh material in silly season, cos we give you just about nothing during the season..... :D

redruNs w00t.gif

Well we are only short of a decent goalscorer while Man Yoo simply lack midfield cover....OK creativity in their midfield. Their Roo situation as well I guess.

Le Arse meanwhile are the laughing stock of the window.

And Chelsea will march on to Victoooorrrrrrrryyyyyy!!

The thing with Spurs, is that it seemed you done the hard bit at the start of the window in keeping Bale happy. All you had to do was buy a striker (Benteke would have been my choice) to be in with a good shout for top 4. But no, go and buy two midfielders for the same total fee instead. Genius!! Now reports are that Bale staying isn't so clear cut.

As for United, as MrRed said, the Cesc dealings have been comical (reminds me of my teens trying to get laid (can I have it. No. Oh, go on. No. Please!! No.)) the Rooney saga is just as ridiculous and this is going on when you need to be showing resolve in the light of recent changes.

Obviously a lot of this could be media nonsense, but it doesn't stop it being funny on this side.

As I said, still early days, but loving it. :-)

• Like 2

^

Can't argue with the points re United, and I think any red worth his salt is bravely cringing into his brew right now.

But whaddya do about it..!!

Nothing we can do, Moyes is on a bigger learning curve than the majority of billions on this planet, and he's 3 weeks in..., so....! As I've said before though, if it works, we still win..... If it fcuks up, we get our club back...., so win win for me..! ;)

redrus

• Like 1

We did last season... Apparently, short that is...w00t.gif

The difference is you had a manager capable of squeezing 150% out of almost every player, week in, week out. He was a motivational genius and I can't see Moyes being a patch on that.

• Like 1

You are taking an educated guess, you don't know that for certain and, are only pontificating mate..... He could, just could, turn out better.. You just never know.. ;)

redrus

You are taking an educated guess, you don't know that for certain and, are only pontificating mate..... He could, just could, turn out better.. You just never know.. wink.png

Be honest Russ. It's not as if he is a stranger to us. From all of the years Moyes has been at Everton and the interviews we've seen of him, does he strike you as someone who could turn out better than SAF?

You are taking an educated guess, you don't know that for certain and, are only pontificating mate..... He could, just could, turn out better.. You just never know.. wink.png

redrus

Well I remember Fergie when he was Fergie....and I saw how he improved.....he wasn't always a wily old fox.

Mourinho learns....wait and see how he approaches things at Chavski....older and wiser....he has learnt a lot form SAF too.

Mind you....the new breed such as AVB and the German lot are taking the game to a new level....so we shall see.

• Like 1

facepalm.giffacepalm.gif What about Beverley Cleverley laugh.png

More posts and replies removed. The next person who tries to start it off again gets a warning.

I,ve said nowt sad.png

Trys to start what off bj facepalm.gif

Its prolly something about Man Yoo not signing anyone cos Moyes is a plonker.....or the new chairman hasn't got a clue.

SAF must be chuckling away in the South of France.

No doubting he is a good player and he still has the ability to step up to the level we require maybe this season for senor Cleverly wink.png whatever he will get games.

No doubting he is a good player and he still has the ability to step up to the level we require maybe this season for senor Cleverly wink.png whatever he will get games.

It wasn't a serious question Red biggrin.png

• Like 2

I reckon if he dyed his hair ginger he'd be a much better prospect.

• Like 1

More posts and replies removed. The next person who tries to start it off again gets a warning.

I,ve said nowt sad.png

Trys to start what off bj facepalm.gif

Those who know, know. Therefore you are innocent alfie wink.png

That means I'm innocent as well. This can't be right? biggrin.png

Up to me!

Up to me!

I thought we had agreed you gotta use the Cantona avatar if ya gonna spout philosophy? rolleyes.gif