Manchester United

redrus

Good morning everyone....great win for United that and without the backbone of our team a stupendous performance with verve and vigor just like i predicted clap2.gif

Welbeck got two and the ever industrious Tommy Cleverly bagged the other!!

Really good to see Darren Fletcher back as well

All in All a great start to our next unbeaten run biggrin.png great performance

The difference when Rafael plays with Valencia is incredible and Jones looked solid at Centre back yesterday.

• Like 1

Carmines prediction; Villa 1 Moyeschester 1 This ones got a draw written all over it.wink.png

My prediction as well, but 2-0 early and United with a lot of energy today. Can't see Villa making much of a game of it now.facepalm.gif

Surprised really. Villa very disappointing today.biggrin.png

There is disappointing and there is disappointing!

Almost at the half way mark and your now up to 8th. You must be over the moon. Moyes celebrations when you score a goal are looking more and more that of a desperate man.

Mr Bo come on, we would Never be "over a BLUE MOON" smile.png We are just having a bit of Stability biggrin.png and beginning to climb up.clap2.gif

I would prefer David's celebrations to sight of AVB w00t.gif

BT biggrin.png

Almost at the half way mark and your now up to 8th. You must be over the moon. Moyes celebrations when you score a goal are looking more and more that of a desperate man.

Mr Bo come on, we would Never be "over a BLUE MOON" smile.png We are just having a bit of Stability biggrin.png and beginning to climb up.clap2.gif

I would prefer David's celebrations to sight of AVB w00t.gif

BT biggrin.png

Seriously BT. What position would you be content with this year?

Awww diddums. Moyes wants Januzaj to get more protection from the refs after accusing the opposition of trying to intimidate him. Man up and get on with it, the game is just as much about tackling as it is anything else. If he's too young to cope with it, keep him in the boys squad till he's ready.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9075448/premier-league-david-moyes-has-urged-premier-league-referees-to-protect-adnan-januzaj

Awww diddums. Moyes wants Januzaj to get more protection from the refs after accusing the opposition of trying to intimidate him. Man up and get on with it, the game is just as much about tackling as it is anything else. If he's too young to cope with it, keep him in the boys squad till he's ready.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9075448/premier-league-david-moyes-has-urged-premier-league-referees-to-protect-adnan-januzaj

Ahhh i see you lot will never have that problem will you?

You don't play your youngsters do you,in fact do you have any? wink.png

I asked you this same question last year do you remember! and you come up with a few names where are they now? MMmmm must be horrible being a city youth player knowing that the manager and owner just want success today and they have no chance of getting into the team.....i mean jingle jangles you don't even buy any young players in England any more do you.

In fact Do you have any players in your squad under 25? Rodwell and Nastasic!! says it all really doesn't it wink.png Off the top of my head i think United have about 14!!

Spend spend spend whistling.gif

Ahhh i see you lot will never have that problem will you?

You don't play your youngsters do you,in fact do you have any? wink.png

I asked you this same question last year do you remember! and you come up with a few names where are they now? MMmmm must be horrible being a city youth player knowing that the manager and owner just want success today and they have no chance of getting into the team.....i mean jingle jangles you don't even buy any young players in England any more do you.

In fact Do you have any players in your squad under 25? Rodwell and Nastasic!! says it all really doesn't it wink.png Off the top of my head i think United have about 14!!

Spend spend spend whistling.gif

To be honest Red, it does frustrate me that we aren't bringing any of the youth through yet. The other week when we were 5-0 up against Spurs would have been an ideal opportunity to bring on Guidetti for instance but Pellegrini didn't.

One of the things I do disagree with you on the above, is that you mention our "owner just wants success today". Of course he wants success, he's put a lot of money in but also he is spending an absolute fortune on building our new academy and one of the reasons he got rid of Mancini was because of his lack of interest in bringing the youth through. You could argue that Pellegrini isn't either but slowly, slowly and hopefully in a few years we will start to see some benefits of youth coming through the new academy.

As for spend, spend, spend. How many of the 14 youths have you actually brought through from young lads and not bought? you lot do harp on about your youth system but that great youth system was years ago and all you do now is buy the talent when they are young. You really don't have an Ivory Tower to sit in and condemn everyone else's youth system and you need to own up to your own youth faults like we can.

Of course it depends on what you call a youth system and there are two ways you can go .....get young players and put them in the youth teams and then the reserves and then the first team or you can invest in youngsters that have shown good strong potential which to me is similar although they are generally more forward that is why fees are exchanged between the clubs,there is a gamble in that as to if the talented youngsters can move up to the level required to play for a big club like United.....the point is United are prepared to take that gamble and put the players at a young age into the first team.

The point i am making is that United still do this and have done for a long time ...i think the only player that you have done the same with is Rodwell yes maybe you could put Joe Hart in that category also i am not sure.

Where as at United players that have been brought through the youth system such as Evans,Welbeck,Cleverly and Januzaj you could also include Giggs and Fletcher in that ......they are given there chance and have taken it and all won things with the first team.

Then you have the young players that we have invested in like the De Silva twins David De Gea,Phil Jones.....Chris Smalling....Zaha ....Powell......Lingard the list goes on with others also loaned out for experience.

• Like 1

How many players in the league right now can play that long diagonal ball that Rooney kept playing last night? Not many i think.Was as if old ginger balls was back on the pitch once more. Impressive.

Great to see the appetite and hunger back. Hope it stays. We're going to need it.

• Like 1

How many players in the league right now can play that long diagonal ball that Rooney kept playing last night? Not many i think.Was as if old ginger balls was back on the pitch once more. Impressive.

Great to see the appetite and hunger back. Hope it stays. We're going to need it.

so do I...Just replaced Aguero with him in the Fantasy Premier League. Sorry guys, he will either get an injury or a straight red next gamesad.png

If you wanted to tutor a young potentially good midfielder you would hand him a DVD of Paul Scholes at work. Zidane rated him the best mid fielder he ever played against and few would argue. Rooney has been around Scholsey long enough to learn.The diagonal ball opens up the play and we saw last night, albeit against Villa, its the old Man U way and Valencia's low crosses were back on song. His combo with Raphael is also a plus. Smalling is a CB not a RB.

If I was Moyes i would be very tempted to bring back Nick Powell from Wigan,he scored his 7th goal this weekend , a screamer,and send Nani and Anderson the other way.I would rather stick with youth this year and build a team rather than stay with players who have had a chance and pulled up short.Hopefully clinch at least 4th place. And Evra has to go,defensively he has cost United so many games,great going forward but goes missing far too often. Hopefully Baines might be an option next season.

If you wanted to tutor a young potentially good midfielder you would hand him a DVD of Paul Scholes at work. Zidane rated him the best mid fielder he ever played against and few would argue. Rooney has been around Scholsey long enough to learn.The diagonal ball opens up the play and we saw last night, albeit against Villa, its the old Man U way and Valencia's low crosses were back on song. His combo with Raphael is also a plus. Smalling is a CB not a RB.

If I was Moyes i would be very tempted to bring back Nick Powell from Wigan,he scored his 7th goal this weekend , a screamer,and send Nani and Anderson the other way.I would rather stick with youth this year and build a team rather than stay with players who have had a chance and pulled up short.Hopefully clinch at least 4th place. And Evra has to go,defensively he has cost United so many games,great going forward but goes missing far too often. Hopefully Baines might be an option next season.

Agree with everything there mate except the hoping to clinch fourth we are much better than that and there will be so many teams at the top beating each other,it is wide open just look at the performances of teams that are above us over the weekend.The London clubs all have there own problems and are not performing well either....Liverpool are doing well but even the scousers know they are not the finished deal and squad wise are still light especially if Suarez gets injured.City are obviously the favorites but still need to start playing away from home and teams are now giving them what i call the "United treatment" where as they will raise there game against them because of who they are.

I am hoping we can go on a good run now until the new year and get us nearer.If we are within 5/6 points come of teh top spot come March then anything can happen and we have the players that have been there and done it on numerous occasions because the mind plays funny games with the players who have not experienced a run in.

Never give up especially with a long league campaign.

Very happy with the Olympiacos draw we should get through that one without to many problems..... Roy Carroll is there reserve keeper/coach now and there management team are all Spanish.

They do have the Argentine Javier Saviola up front with Kostandinios

Happy to have won the group and rewarded with a good draw.

Very happy with the Olympiacos draw we should get through that one without to many problems..... Roy Carroll is there reserve keeper/coach now and there management team are all Spanish.

They do have the Argentine Javier Saviola up front with Kostandinios

Happy to have won the group and rewarded with a good draw.

Saviola, the forgotten Argentine. He langished on the pine at both Real Madrid and Barcelona when he opted for money rather than playing time. Still a smart and dangerous striker who seems to always score goals when given the opportunity.wink.png

How about James Wilson our youth team player, look at this goal last night v burnley for the youth team he seems to score every game he players, he is 18 and very highly rated.File alongside Tom Lawrence as another top prospect.

iGW1njwv6rwjA.gif

• Like 1

Yep mate every time i have seen footage of him his trademark is the powering runs with the ball from central midfield and that last night was exactly that with the finished product.

He actually beat half the team on his own there..great goal clap2.gif

Yep mate every time i have seen footage of him his trademark is the powering runs with the ball from central midfield and that last night was exactly that with the finished product.

He actually beat half the team on his own there..great goal clap2.gif

His ball control was spot on, looks a real prospect.

Man Utd to play Olympiakos in partially closed stadium

Olympiakos will play the first leg of their Champions League last 16 fixture against Manchester United in a partially closed stadium because of racist behaviour by their fans.

The Premier League champions visit the Greek capital Athens on 25 February.

Uefa's sanctions refer to Olympiakos's final group match against Belgian side Anderlecht on 10 December.

Olympiakos, whose fans also set off fireworks and aimed lasers at the pitch, were also fined 30,000 euros.

Zenit St Petersburg will also have to close part of their stadium for their home leg against Borussia Dortmund.

The Russian side were punished for the racist behaviour of their fans, the throwing of fireworks and crowd disturbances during their 4-1 defeat at Austria Vienna.