Manchester United

redrus

Manchester United turn down Paris Saint-Germain bid for Januzaj

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/26/manchester-united-reject-paris-saint-germain-bid-adnan-januzaj

Surely, even a 'quality' paper can be wrong sometimes.

They haven't a hope in hell of getting him........have they? After all David Moyes has said that the lad has talent enough to become one of the great modern-day players.

IF Man U did consider selling him, what would they want for him chaps,,,,,,,,serious offers only,

RvP

Rooney Mata

Januzaj Carrick Kagawa

Shaw Jones Vidic Rafael

I'm no positional expert, but does this not look like a pretty good side...?

redrus

George Bernard Shaw is dead rus 55555555

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/26/manchester-united-reject-paris-saint-germain-bid-adnan-januzaj

They haven't a hope in hell of getting him........have they? After all David Moyes has said that the lad has talent enough to become one of the great modern-day players.

IF Man U did consider selling him, what would they want for him chaps,,,,,,,,serious offers only,

A meal for two at Anando's biggrin.png

RvP

Rooney Mata

Januzaj Carrick Kagawa

Shaw Jones Vidic Rafael

I'm no positional expert, but does this not look like a pretty good side...?

redrus

I must have missed that you've signed Shaw facepalm.gif

If your going to make up a team then you might as well add Messi, ronaldo and anyone else you fancy biggrin.png

Slow news day , not a chance he would be sold,hypothetical so no real point in value speculation.

Slow news day , not a chance he would be sold,hypothetical so no real point in value speculation.

He might want to go being as there's no Champions League Football next season whistling.gif

Edited by alfieconn

He might want to go being as there's no Champions League Football next season whistling.gif

Gutter press Alfie.

Gutter press Alfie.

It was a joke, not a quote from a newspaper !

Gutter press Alfie.

It was a joke, not a quote from a newspaper !

clap2.gif

Wayne Rooney's latest demands to Manchester United are purported to include 300k p/w, influence over transfers and the club captaincy!! huh.png

AYE RIGHT facepalm.gif As Alfie would say - facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif What is a transfer facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif Oh wait I will ask Mr Bo facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif who is he again ????? facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

BT biggrin.png

• Like 2

been wondering who united's next captain is likely to be. ferdinand, vidic, evra all on the way out, no obvious young leader in there really. making it a part of your contract demands would be a bit weird though. but then rooney's never really been anything less than thick has pig shit has he?

• Like 1

Wayne Rooney's latest demands to Manchester United are purported to include 300k p/w, influence over transfers and the club captaincy!! huh.png

AYE RIGHT facepalm.gif As Alfie would say - facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif What is a transfer facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif Oh wait I will ask Mr Bo facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif who is he again ????? facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

BT biggrin.png

A character like Rooney combined with an agent like the repugnant Stretford is more than capable of making such demands.

It would be incredibly weak of the club imo to make a player captain when he has asked for a transfer twice in the past and has really shown no loyalty to the club. 250k for a player of his ability is way OTT, although his recent form has been very good but to pay the little twonk 300k p/w is laughable.

If United agree to pay him 300k p/w i won't be surprised if Suarez demands an increase up to 500k p/w

Edited by carmine

If United agree to pay him 300k p/w i won't be surprised if Suarez demands an increase up to 500k p/w

And what does RVP's agent then start to demand ?

Thing is, Rooneys not even a world class player. He's an above average premier league player. Why on earth is he being paid so much? Seems to have contempt for the club too the way he behaves. I can't work it out and i no longer have my old mate Mr Ed to throw in the odd pearl of wisdom.

Anyway, its going to be interesting to see how the manager plays things if he wants to accommodate Rooney, Van Persie and Mata. And whats going to happen to Fellaini?

fascinating times at Old Trafford!!!

Edited by carmine

Thing is, Rooneys not even a world class player. He's an about average premier league player. Why on earth is he being paid so much?

Rooney an average premier league player? You are having a laugh. Consistently been in the top half dozen players in the league since he started playing. Suggesting otherwise is just silly, but i guess you are just on a fishing expedition.

Thing is, Rooneys not even a world class player. He's an about average premier league player. Why on earth is he being paid so much?

Rooney an average premier league player? You are having a laugh. Consistently been in the top half dozen players in the league since he started playing. Suggesting otherwise is just silly, but i guess you are just on a fishing expedition.

Sorry, i meant to say he's an "above" average premier league player. he's simply not a world class player, so why pay him the type of salary being commanded by Messi, Ronaldo etc...its laughable

Edited by carmine

Sorry, i meant to say he's an "above" average premier league player. he's simply not a world class player, so why pay him the type of salary being commanded by Messi, Ronaldo etc...its laughable

Definition of what is and what isn't a world class player is so subjective and up to interpretation. Hard to judge where Rooney stands on the world stage, but hard to judge a lot of players in that regard, besides the likes of the Messis and Ronaldos. So rather not spend much time arguing over that one. What can easily be said of Rooney, is that since he came to United he has consistently been one of the first names on the team sheet, and his contribution has been undeniable. So for that reason, he deserves to be paid a lot. Exactly how much, well that's for the club to decide. I know a lot of people really get wound up by how much some players get paid, but it's never really bothered me.

Of all the people involved in the game, they are the ones of least concern to me with regards what they are taking. Good luck to them. Without them, there is no game. Besides which, a lot of the figures that get banded around are just tabloid make-believe.

What can easily be said of Rooney, is that since he came to United he has consistently been one of the first names on the team sheet, and his contribution has been undeniable.

I agree with a lot of this post and think Rooney is a (sometimes) great player. But just because he is the first name on the team sheet (which I doubt) and has made a contribution, does not give him the right to expect special treatment. Was Smeichel the highest earner at united? very unlikely, but he was more likely to have been the first name on the team sheet.

P.S. As I'm on your forum......I am still uncomfortable that even though you have been losing games you are still in touch for Europe. And it must be said Mata is a great buy, I wonder what he is getting paid?wink.png

Definition of what is and what isn't a world class player is so subjective and up to interpretation. Hard to judge where Rooney stands on the world stage, but hard to judge a lot of players in that regard, besides the likes of the Messis and Ronaldos. So rather not spend much time arguing over that one. What can easily be said of Rooney, is that since he came to United he has consistently been one of the first names on the team sheet, and his contribution has been undeniable. So for that reason, he deserves to be paid a lot. Exactly how much, well that's for the club to decide. I know a lot of people really get wound up by how much some players get paid, but it's never really bothered me.

Of all the people involved in the game, they are the ones of least concern to me with regards what they are taking. Good luck to them. Without them, there is no game. Besides which, a lot of the figures that get banded around are just tabloid make-believe.

Amen. What a boring topic.facepalm.gif