Manchester United

redrus

He's playing the media, happily.

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I saw him interviewed the other day. He gives new meaning to the word "prickley". Should he come to England I can see him having a wonderful relationship with the media.whistling.gif Might even surpass Mourinho in bold letter type.

He's playing the media, happily.

redrus

I saw him interviewed the other day. He gives new meaning to the word "prickley". Should he come to England I can see him having a wonderful relationship with the media.whistling.gif Might even surpass Mourinho in bold letter type.

Surpass sourpuss, that would be interesting.

Pm sent JD

6pm Thai time (Man U making statement to shareholders then) source...De Telegraaf

Stock market too, before announcing to the public, I would imagine 6pm Thai time is US opening time, no.?

redrus

UK papers disagree though, stating announcement will be next week as Netherlands have a game at the weekend.

Fair enough, though I'm not sure of the adverse effects of the Nederland's manager signing would have on the (Dutch) team.?

I'm just glad it's moving, seemingly at our and Van Gaal's pace, not the medias.

Also think (hope) Giggs revels in a no2 role under Van Gaal and hope that Van Gaal uses the resources at his disposal, as well as his experience and knowledge going back the other way.

redrus

UK papers disagree though, stating announcement will be next week as Netherlands have a game at the weekend.

Fair enough, though I'm not sure of the adverse effects of the Nederland's manager signing would have on the (Dutch) team.?

I'm just glad it's moving, seemingly at our and Van Gaal's pace, not the medias.

Also think (hope) Giggs revels in a no2 role under Van Gaal and hope that Van Gaal uses the resources at his disposal, as well as his experience and knowledge going back the other way.

redrus

My guess is that van Gaal agreed to take in the orphan Giggs as a favor. I'm sure he's looking forward to the little tyke pestering him with a thousand questions and constantly being underfoot. facepalm.gif

redrus

My guess is that van Gaal agreed to take in the orphan Giggs as a favor. I'm sure he's looking forward to the little tyke pestering him with a thousand questions and constantly being underfoot. facepalm.gif

Bugger off Troll.... ;)

redrus

United announced tonight a lift in earnings of 26% for the 3rd qtr. 115 ,000 quid obviously from commercial deals.

The Glazer debt is gradually being whittled down.

Gradually warming to the idea of Van Gaal coming in after studying his career and influence on younger players

and if he can bring in long term target Strootman from Roma all the better. 24 years old and a box to box player.

I think its pretty evident from interviews with Ryan Giggs, of late, if you have seen them is that he is not ready for the big job but hopefully he will be

part of the coaching set up.case of listen and learn and given Van Gaals advanced years maybe a future manager.

Not a good result in the Under 21 final at OT last night against Chelsea. Up a goal, eventually down 2-1, Chelsea deserved it apparently, been no 1 all season. 13,000 at OT not a bad crowd.

We played ok, considering the size of the team against us. To be honest it was like men against boys, like the first team against Chelsea and Bayern this season. The other team look like proper built athletes, we just look like kids.

All good running, good ideas but, just out muscled and out played..!

redrus

13,000 at OT not a bad crowd.

It was free, so don't get carried away.

Boooooooo Hissssssss Booooooo

How big a crowd you get in the Under 21 final this year...?

:P

redrus

<snip> 13,000 at OT not a bad crowd.

It was free, so don't get carried away.

But think about the expenses travelling from Surrey and Cornwall...good on them i say.

• Like 1

I think next season will be another season of "transition" from decline to mediocrity tongue.png

Unless a new manager is given huge funds and buys wisely Man Utd will certainly continue to decline....its interesting to note how few of their youth players now are making the grade compared to those of the early 90's.

I look at Southampton and wonder why a particular club is able to roll out so many at once.....that seems to me to be the way forward for a lot of clubs...but it seems to be very elusive finding that magic formula!

Rolando Maximiliano Martins Indi or Ezequiel Marcelo Garay González

I hope Rolando is as good as his name is as one of these two will be coming to OT maybe both wink.png

I think next season will be another season of "transition" from decline to mediocrity tongue.png

Unless a new manager is given huge funds and buys wisely Man Utd will certainly continue to decline....its interesting to note how few of their youth players now are making the grade compared to those of the early 90's.

I look at Southampton and wonder why a particular club is able to roll out so many at once.....that seems to me to be the way forward for a lot of clubs...but it seems to be very elusive finding that magic formula!

Ha your a card smokes check out our youth and under 21's nearly every one has been capped at there age group and add quite a few that are going to the World cup this year and you might be surprised!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_United_F.C._Reserves_and_Academy

Ha your a card smokes check out our youth and under 21's nearly every one has been capped at there age group and add quite a few that are going to the World cup this year and you might be surprised!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_United_F.C._Reserves_and_Academy

Don't get too clever Mr Beverley....mind that vid of Giggs at 17 was quality.....show me your next generation of stars Nads.....love to see it if its true. Edited by smokie36

Bugger off Troll.... wink.png

redrus

And Redrus wins the cup for best swear word not yet hacked by the ThaiVisa anti-swear word Stasi

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 2

'United in Ascendancy' thread then lads..... wink.png

redrus

i'd love to start that thread Rus but realistically its just not going to be needed for a few years i'm afraid.biggrin.png

• Like 1

'United in Ascendancy' thread then lads..... wink.png

redrus

i'd love to start that thread Rus but realistically its just not going to be needed for a few years i'm afraid.biggrin.png

What I'm a bit worried about for Utd is if they couldn't sign any decent players at the beginning of last season when they were in the CL and previously won the title, how are they going to sign any this year ? the name obviously no longer attracts players so what else can they offer to get top players ?

redrus

Bugger off Troll.... wink.png

redrus

Trying to help out Russ.biggrin.png

No problem. I read that the delay

smile.png

The Nederland's have a game this weekend.

redrus