Manchester United

redrus

Woke up this morning , kept pinching myself , it s not a dream at all , a real nightmare . I think we are in for a long haul , have patience fans. Look on the bright side , we were lucky to have success for over 20 years. LVG will do a restructuring programme .

The older United fans will have the patience. its the new lot that have never known life before the unprecedented success of the ferguson years that might not. they've always had that air of entitlement about them. the elder ones will remember some really murky times.

• Like 2

Woke up this morning , kept pinching myself , it s not a dream at all , a real nightmare . I think we are in for a long haul , have patience fans. Look on the bright side , we were lucky to have success for over 20 years. LVG will do a restructuring programme .

The older United fans will have the patience. its the new lot that have never known life before the unprecedented success of the ferguson years that might not. they've always had that air of entitlement about them. the elder ones will remember some really murky times.

So true , I remembered the second division times , those were the days, won the FA on the following year in the seventies .

• Like 1

Man U play in the second round of the league cup against MK. Sir Alex really must be wondering what the fluk is going on. Giggs to be appointed manager before Xmas.

Hahahaha hahahah.... Now that is epic. 4-0. Flying Dutchman has thrown in the towel already. Giggs to ne appointed manager by end September. Happy days.

Burnley will be salivating. Di Mario will be wondering where it all went wrong. Sir Alex will be at the racecourse. Rooney will be back down the Kebab shop and Van Persie submits a transfer request later today.

what formation did united play? 3-5-2 again?

Yes. I wonder how stubborn he is? He really doesn't have the players for that formation imho.

square pegs, round holes again.

Thing is, al this is such a bonus because i never thought we'd be provided so much entertainment so early in the season. The weekends just can't come quick enough!

biggrin.png

this is what is baffling me - if he's such a genius manager why is he sticking to this 3-5-2 rather than picking the players he has in their best positions and going from there? putting the formation ahead of the playing squad seems bizarre.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks. He's also known to be very stubborn.

his post-match interview was pretty weird as it goes. like he was pretending to have forgotten how to speak english.

Yeah isn't a Dutchman who can't speak English called a Belgian?

It takes some talent to take a champion winning side, add £200m worth of players in 13 months and fight for a top 7 place.

City and Chelsea get accused of buying titles, but United buy failure. Quality.

I'm starting to conclude that if any manager uses a buzz word like 'project' (AVB) or 'philosophy' (LVG) they are a numpty...........or maybe it's the acronym name.............or maybe the 'V'...............or maybe United are just sh17. Happy days!

Steady Guys, okay a bad day at the office for sure. More negatives than positives again for sure BUT only 2 games in for EPL and plenty of time to learn and regain the Stability that we know is there biggrin.png

As the song says "ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE"

BT coffee1.gif

Steady Guys, okay a bad day at the office for sure. More negatives than positives again for sure BUT only 2 games in for EPL and plenty of time to learn and regain the Stability that we know is there biggrin.png

As the song says "ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE"

BT coffee1.gif

I think the song you are looking for is "The only way is up".

biggrin.png

• Like 1

After the Burnley game we have only 9 games in 3 months, so lots of time to rest and get used to the new system, after the new year we should be fresh and be well drilled by then.

We will be back lads no worry, top 4 at least.

• Like 2

After the Burnley game we have only 9 games in 3 months, so lots of time to rest and get used to the new system, after the new year we should be fresh and be well drilled by then.

We will be back lads no worry, top 4 at least.

You think you'll get top four this season do you? Surely not!

The lack of cup games is crucial as you say. Still can't see a 352 working but regardless any new system needs time to be implemented in training. Fewer games also means more time can be spent integrating new players.

So yes, you have an ideal situation to implement van Gaal's philosophies but if you think you are getting a top four this season i have to say you are being wildly optimistic.

One last point here. You say after the new year you will be "fresh and well drilled. Clearly you don't envisage either new players in the jan window that will also have to be integrated and you are not allowing for any injury fall out over the winter months of oct/nov/dec.

^

Come on, that post is daft........

Hernandez is a great player that would get into most teams. His only fault is, that he's not Ole....!

Rafael is one of may fave players and just needs to cut out that silly streak, but I love him to bits.

Fabio, massively unlucky but <deleted> sake, kept out of any run in the team by the most consistent left back since Denis Irwin. The lad was tipped to be the next best thing by many more than Giggsy and even Rafael said Fab was the far better player.

Smalling was playing at Maidstone a few years back and his rise has been a fairytale. Is he overawed, possibly, he's never been in this position before but I think he's got it.

Obertan was very highly rated and I posted videos on here of his wing exploits before he arrived with us and most agreed he would tear Premiership defences apart.

This really is just a very daft and poor attempt at humour, cos it isn't news. coffee1.gif

redrus

• Like 1

Apparently (dick) Ed's pulled off a blinder and sold Cleverley to Villa, for £8 million.

Problem is, we're probably loaning him straight back......... But thats ok, we needed a world class mid fielder..... ;)

redrus

• Like 1

this is interesting off of twitter.

"On this day, exactly 3 years ago, Manchester United beat Arsenal 8-2 with this team. Sir Alex Ferguson is a genius. "

BwJ574cIgAAcC5G.jpg

On this day and I remember it well every United player had a blinder.Ashley Young was on fire but never ever again got near the performance he put in that day.

Don't believe SAF had anything to do with the result its just the quirky nature of football.Managers cam prepare a team all week,create motivation and a game plan but when players cross that line there is little a manager can do but make substitutions and a bollocking at half time. Wenger aged 10 years that day