Manchester United

redrus

oh aye, absolutely. bad decisions and reckless behaviour that resulted in him writing a 'please take me i've changed, honest' letter to united. still reckon there's senior figures at united who would block him though.

Sir Bobby C is not a fan.

He's just a figure head and although he might have an opinion, I doubt it carries much weight with the Glaziers. They think only about revenue and not about an individuals personal opinion, therefore, they will appoint whomever they think has a chance of getting the a CL spot. The biggest loser in this is probably the loss of face to Woodward

Bet Woodward is a very nervous man, expecting his cards, and so he should be.

oh aye, absolutely. bad decisions and reckless behaviour that resulted in him writing a 'please take me i've changed, honest' letter to united. still reckon there's senior figures at united who would block him though.

He's just a figure head and although he might have an opinion, I doubt it carries much weight with the Glaziers. They think only about revenue and not about an individuals personal opinion, therefore, they will appoint whomever they think has a chance of getting the a CL spot. The biggest loser in this is probably the loss of face to Woodward

There are 2 boards at United 1, the main one with about 5 of the Glazers on and a couple of others.

There is a second one, made up of certain figureheads, as you call them, such as Bobby Charlton, David Gill and some Scottish bloke, I forget his name.

[source-David Gill]

redrus

He's just a figure head and although he might have an opinion, I doubt it carries much weight with the Glazers. They think only about revenue and not about an individuals personal opinion, therefore, they will appoint whomever they think has a chance of getting the a CL spot. The biggest loser in this is probably the loss of face to Woodward

There are 2 boards at United 1, the main one with about 5 of the Glazers on and a couple of others.

There is a second one, made up of certain figureheads, as you call them, such as Bobby Charlton, David Gill and some Scottish bloke, I forget his name.

[source-David Gill]

Yeah I know about the "honorary board" Russ and like I said, their voices will be heard but not necessarily listened to. Particularly if it was them who influenced the board to go with Moyes and the LvG in the first place. I know I wouldn't listen to another thing they had to say.......would you?

Those pitches, eh!

Bestie was a bit special; he doesn't seem to run but glide over the surface.

Yeah was thinking the same, as well as cursing the f...cker for that lob !!!!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thank goodness for that!!

I am sure petermlk will be on here soon telling us all is right with the world and United have got their confidence back.

Martial is the second coming of George Best etc etc etc

confidence thats a laugh,take rooney and fellini out of the side,and what are you left with?

its not the manager they want to get rid of,if thats the best [no not him] they have,who will want to join them.?

just think back to the days of,BECKAM,RONALDO,GIGS,FERDINAND,SCOLES,and the others,this lot playing now wouldnt get in the reserves.

Last outing

Back 4 : Varela Smalling Blind Borthwick-Jackson

Attack : Lingard Rooney Martial

Lets go back a few seasons ...pick the difference

Back 4 : Neville Ferdinanad Vidic Evra

Attack : Tevez Rooney Ronaldo

The glory days are over and United are lucky to be where they are.SAF was renowned for replacing players before they reached their use by date

and before Moyes took over he took his eyes off the ball and let it drift.

Throw in the huge loss of a very influntial and respected person in David Gill and you have the answer.

The Academy is performing poorly,the under 18's i dont think have won a match in 10.

LVG cops a hammering but he hasn't much to work with and he doesnt give the ball away,commit stupid fouls like Januzai did against Southhampton ,or grab shirts like Smalling has decided to do

at every opportunity. Throw in, at last count 8 injuries, thats the season folks ,be lucky to make top 6 but we still luv them.

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/united-are-a-club-living-in-denial/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=united-are-a-club-living-in-denial

United are a club in denial, one which has repeatedly and stubbornly ignored the warning lights that have flashed with increasing regularity even before Sir Alex Ferguson left the scene in 2013.United are so wrapped up in their sense of superiority that theyve failed to notice commercial deals alone arent enough to guarantee success on the pitch and, after spending the last quarter of a century amassing trophies and mocking their rivals inability to address their failures, they have lost their aura.And so, while their City sign arguably the best manager in the world, Liverpool appoint one of their most exciting managers available admittedly one whose impact might be limited by a woeful squad United stagger forward without any discernible plan.They neighbours are no longer noisy, theyre having a party downstairs while the owner is asleep upstairs, seemingly unaware of it all.

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/united-are-a-club-living-in-denial/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=united-are-a-club-living-in-denial

United are a club in denial, one which has repeatedly and stubbornly ignored the warning lights that have flashed with increasing regularity even before Sir Alex Ferguson left the scene in 2013.United are so wrapped up in their sense of superiority that theyve failed to notice commercial deals alone arent enough to guarantee success on the pitch and, after spending the last quarter of a century amassing trophies and mocking their rivals inability to address their failures, they have lost their aura.And so, while their City sign arguably the best manager in the world, Liverpool appoint one of their most exciting managers available admittedly one whose impact might be limited by a woeful squad United stagger forward without any discernible plan.They neighbours are no longer noisy, theyre having a party downstairs while the owner is asleep upstairs, seemingly unaware of it all.

Sounds a bit like you are in denial. All thats happened is they have made a couple of dodger managerial appointments. Add to that there was always going to be a blip after 26 years of unprecedented success under one manager.

United have huge global revenues, they are one of the biggest clubs in the world with a squad containing some very talented players. All they need is a good managerial appoint, they monies there to spend and they will be right back on track in no time.

If Pochettino can do it at Spurs spending next to nothing think what a top manager with money to spend could do at United.

Sorry BB, but United are far from going away and wii be back in the reckoning next season unless i am very much mistaken.

• Like 2

I watched the game last night , United looked like an attacking side , I was actually surprised. I was expecting 0-0 in the first half. but they scored 2 goals and looked like a team full of confidence.

• Like 1

Sounds a bit like you are in denial...

Sorry BB, but United are far from going away and wii be back in the reckoning next season unless i am very much mistaken.

Carmine. ..think you missed the point here. It was an article from a ManU website presumably by a ManU fan - i.e. NOT MY COMMENTS. Of course ManU will be back challenging for top spot and trophies.

]

• Like 1

Sounds a bit like you are in denial...

Carmine. ..think you missed the point here. It was an article from a ManU website presumably by a ManU fan - i.e. NOT MY COMMENTS. Of course ManU will be back challenging for top spot and trophies.

]

whoops sorry, missed that bit.

Sounds a bit like you are in denial. All thats happened is they have made a couple of dodger managerial appointments. Add to that there was always going to be a blip after 26 years of unprecedented success under one manager.

United have huge global revenues, they are one of the biggest clubs in the world with a squad containing some very talented players. All they need is a good managerial appoint, they monies there to spend and they will be right back on track in no time.

If Pochettino can do it at Spurs spending next to nothing think what a top manager with money to spend could do at United.

The mere fact they are still in with a shout of top four playing some dreadful football shows they still have a very talented squad.

The direction is their main issue...both manager and chairman I'm happy to say.

Good performance that at the rentboys .....very quiet on here these days,the season is now at that interesting point and we are in for a great run in.

Don't count us out of it just yet.

RED ARMY smile.png

Borthwick looks another find.

Happy New Year

Thank goodness for that!!

I am sure petermlk will be on here soon telling us all is right with the world and United have got their confidence back.

Martial is the second coming of George Best etc etc etc

MARTIAL sterling