Manchester United

redrus

After  Mourinho's decision to play a strong team in the second leg against St Ettienne, and getting roundly criticised by some as because the the risk of injury to key players, its pretty clear to me that he sees the Europa League as maybe an easier way to the CL next year as against the possibilty of finishing in the top four.

Looking at the bank up of games and those teams involved he could well be right.

I think tonights game is anyones, whoever wants it more on the night and yes hopefully no refereeing blunders

57 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

After  Mourinho's decision to play a strong team in the second leg against St Ettienne, and getting roundly criticised by some as because the the risk of injury to key players

It's one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't situation's. I'm old school personally and barring the odd exception, think you should put your strongest team out for every match.

• Like 1

Thai commentary over Peter Dury and some Southern Jessie. Belting game, even though the Thai commentators keep saying it is crap. That Gabbiadini looks some player and doesn't have the modern obsession with his hair. Pogba and Redmond need a good friend to sit down with them for a moment for some home truths.

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

But that isn't the law no more champers. It was a 100% perfectly ligit goal

Yes it looked OK to me, only reason I can see it not given is the player he was passing to was well offside and then the other player came from nowhere and slotted it in, makes up for 76 I was gutted that day.

• Like 1

Well played Southampton,great game of football and on another day the result would be different but it wasn,t to be,credit to the manager whose tactics were spot on,I feel this man is destined for much sucess :thumbsup:

United looked tired and found it difficult to cope with the saints energy levels and at 2-0 up were in dreamland,was it a goal or offside? I have seen them given and disallowed in similar circumstances before,interfeering with play is a contentious issue....this time we got the call,earlier in the season we were denied debateable decisions on many occasions so maybe this one evened itself out a little?

25 goals from open play for Zlatan +1 one penalty with a third of the season left,not bad for an old man who is too slow and who will find the physicallity of the Premiership too demanding as forecast on this forum not too long ago.

Three trophies now in less that 12 months........to the other contributors to this forum how does that compare with your clubs efforts-as for all, we are a club in decline  :whistling:

Man U looked very jaded and Southhampton were better all over the pitch but as we know, and it was proved again last night, that doesnt always relate to a victory.

I hate the new offside rule to me that was a perfectly good goal but we will never know if it was awarded, went to extra time and even penalties what the result would have been.We also have the "studs up" challenges. How can you perform a slide tackle without the studs not up,again last nights was marginal,some have ben red carded for less.

What we do know and I've been saying it for weeks Zlatan has been carrying the team on his back since the start of the season. 26 goals and we are still in February.

His detractors will say the header was easy.With 3 mins to go no header is easy. Must be inspiring to play with ,his confidence and general demeanour is second to none.I understand he has played more minutes than any other United player.

Have to feel for Southhampton ,get raided for their best players every years but still keep coming up with great performances.

So what now for United ? another trophy is nice  but we all know top 4 is the priority but as long as Zlatan can stay healthy anything is possible

Southampton had over two weeks with no games gave them lots of time to prepare, us on the other hand had 4 games in the same period.

It was a good win in the end won by Zlatan he is some player and some on here doubted he would even get to double figures.

We are holders of both domestic cups and the Charity shield not to bad for a side coming 6th, maybe we are a cup team.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, petermik said:

He,s too old for the Premiership....too slow......according to one of the spuds fans :whistling:

Seriously we got barstools out there who did not see a banker such as zlatan as anything but an asset for the scum?

Tragedy of being a spud I reckon. Sweet FA in between the ears

On 2016-07-01 at 10:10 AM, BangrakBob said:

Maybe if you signed him 3 years ago, but coming from a league that's no better than the second tier in Scotland, in a team that wins the league by 30 points and considering his age id be surprised if he succeeds.

Could it be that PL is overrated? Just as the "Three Lions"...

3 hours ago, IngoSparks said:

Could it be that PL is overrated? Just as the "Three Lions"...

Finally - took long enough. 

No no the man is a machine and I already admitted I got it wrong and tipped my hat.

The fact I questioned ( and I did question, not state) though shouldn't be such a surprise considering  the reasoning in the above post. It wouldn't be the first time a major star has fallen when joining the EPL. I can list them if you like and most of them were not in their twilight.

And if he didn't/hadn't of cut it, those exact points I made would probably been valid reasoning.

There were plenty on here saying he wouldn't play every week and just having him around the team/experience was value in itself which would suggest they also considered he might not play such a vital role as he has. 

Best of luck to the big man an incredible and undeniable player.

3 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Finally - took long enough. 

No no the man is a machine and I already admitted I got it wrong and tipped my hat.

The fact I questioned ( and I did question, not state) though shouldn't be such a surprise considering  the reasoning in the above post. It wouldn't be the first time a major star has fallen when joining the EPL. I can list them if you like and most of them were not in their twilight.

And if he didn't/hadn't of cut it, those exact points I made would probably been valid reasoning.

There were plenty on here saying he wouldn't play every week and just having him around the team/experience was value in itself which would suggest they also considered he might not play such a vital role as he has. 

Best of luck to the big man an incredible and undeniable player.

Not just  Zlatan what you said about the French league was well off too. Sorry to pat my own back but what I said about Zlatan was the opposite and whilst I am no fan of anyone with the surname Neville, he hit the nail on the head and compared his aura to Cantona as did I. 

Just another gobshite you see.

10 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Not just  Zlatan what you said about the French league was well off too. Sorry to pat my own back but what I said about Zlatan was the opposite and whilst I am no fan of anyone with the surname Neville, he hit the nail on the head and compared his aura to Cantona as did I. 

Just another gobshite you see.

It is easy to criticise in hindsight. This is not the first time I have got it wrong and it won't be the last, and naturally there are plenty of others who have done the same on here and other forums on a regular basis. That's football forums.

I've also got it right a few times but I won't search them out and identify my achievements for you,  i'm far too humble for that. 

So did you make the aura statement first or did Neville?

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

I backed that banker from the off. I mean the guy was pulverising teams in CL and internationals so it was fairly obvious. I'm with you too about being humble but I don't take kindly to anyone questioning my commitment to LFC so I admit that riled me. 

Any similarities here?

final sample.png

On 05/02/2017 at 3:26 AM, carmine said:

What would help is if Mourinho stopped behaving like such a prick.

Question;  Is it time to drop Zlatan?  

On 05/02/2017 at 1:36 PM, carmine said:

Yes that was my point.  United have real pace and quality with those lads and as good as he is at his age Zlatan is slowing you down and you are not playing to your potential strengths.  That front three could be electric.

On 27/02/2017 at 10:15 AM, petermik said:

He,s too old for the Premiership....too slow......according to one of the spuds fans :whistling:

22 hours ago, carmine said:

Who would you be referring to because thats not at all what i said?  Did i?!!:passifier:

There you go :clap2:

9 hours ago, petermik said:

There you go :clap2:

7 hours ago, carmine said:

You really are such a <deleted> <deleted>

Thank you Carmine praise from you is welcome and perfectly acceptable.......I,m assuming the words deleted out are "knowledgeable person" :sleep:

While I have your attention may I offer some neighbourly advice?...... the next time you want to put some stupid comment on these forums be ready for it turning up and biting you on the rse at a later date..........engage brain before hitting keyboard really :thumbsup:

have a nice day and I can thoroughly recommend watching the ITV series Broadchurch (avaiable for download from the usual sources) to keep you out of future mischief :smile:

On 2/27/2017 at 1:19 AM, champers said:

Was Bertrand interfering with play? As the great Bill Shankley said: "If you're not interfereing with play, what are you doing on the pitch".

I thought that was Brian Clough.