Manchester United

redrus

16 minutes ago, carmine said:

Am i actually reading here United fans complaining about refs decisions going against them?  I suppose after twenty-five years of getting the rub of the green reality bites.  And no Fergie time either........

As whiskey nose used to love reminding everybody; it all evens itself out over the season.  His words, not mine.

Yes, keep up that united had all the decisions crap, we had lots go against us too over the years. Even your ghost goal over the line we had one in the same game over the line too and it never gets mentioned.

And fergie time was a myth too, we had no more added time at home than any of the other top four teams at the time, but hey all fits the agenda that united did not win by fair means agenda, come on just look at the sides we had.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sotsira said:

According to this Daily Star article, his career is over and will be retiring. 

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/607880/Zlatan-Ibrahimovic-Injury-Manchester-United-Retire-Football

Yes will be very hard for him to come back now, maybe to go play in Sweden later in his career, but to come back to the premier league no way.

1 minute ago, balo said:

1. Chelsea

2. Spurs

3. Man City 

4. ? 

5. ?

Between us and Liverpool, we have the harder games so I would say 4 Liverpool 5 us, and us winning the Europa league.

2 minutes ago, nev said:

Yes, keep up that united had all the decisions crap, we had lots go against us too over the years. Even your ghost goal over the line we had one in the same game over the line too and it never gets mentioned.

And fergie time was a myth too, we had no more added time at home than any of the other top four teams at the time, but hey all fits the agenda that united did not win by fair means agenda, come on just look at the sides we had.

You're moaning about refs, not me.  I'm quoting Ferguson who maintained it levels itself out.

7 hours ago, balo said:

1. Chelsea

2. Spurs

3. Man City 

4. ? 

5. ?

Come back at the seasons end with an update...........plus name the clubs that have won silverware this season would be more appropriate :thumbsup:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nev said:

Probably because it wasn't 2 meters over the line :whistling: anyway strange that you spurt out with this now, don't recall it ever mentioned before which probably means it wasn't over the line !

Edited by alfieconn

7 hours ago, nev said:

but hey all fits the agenda that united did not win by fair means agenda, come on just look at the sides we had.

We,ve never had a good side nev.... were just lucky,all the other premiership clubs at the time were crap and Fergie (aka "old red nose") was a bully who intimidated refs :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petermik said:

We,ve never had a good side nev.... were just lucky,all the other premiership clubs at the time were crap and Fergie (aka "old red nose") was a bully who intimidated refs :thumbsup:

Obviously you've had some very fine sides and i see the sarcasm but the point you raise about a bully intimidating refs is a very fair and accurate one, so fair play to you,  but,   you left out the verbally abusing them part!  

Otherwise, spot on my old china.

2 points tosssed away by Rooneys stupid,unecessary aerial tackle on Ayew right on the spot that Sigurdsson would choose  himself.

Not the first time Sigurdsson has inflicted a free kick goal on United.De Gea had no chance

You would think that Rooney with his so called experience and with Felliani in the naughty corner would have known that.

The lack of intelligence by some players never ceases to amaze me. Confirms one thing Rooney despite all his great years with United will not be there next season

• Like 2

22 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Incredible, that was a dive. Ref bottling it again at OT

Absolutely Bob,dire performance from United Swansea deserved more than they got,the ref could not see the incident (we have the luxury of different camera angles of course) so consults with the linesman who is 70 yards away and couldn,t see also in those circumstances the benefit of the doubt should be given to the defending side,but no,he awards the pen...strange.

Not wishing to take anything away from Swanseas performance but we looked tired,two days recovery after playing the derby and 9 matches in April with the injuries we have been carrying have taken there toll,Baily and Shaw going off injured makes thursdays Europa league match another big ask....we shall see,the doors open for the scousers now to take advantage....can they do it Bob :whistling:

I watched United in our apartment going out afterwards to the bar and I found a nice position between two tv,s watchingboth  City and Chelsea,nearby was a City fan (known him a while ex bar owner here) and of course got some stick (all part of the banter) especially about the pen,Rashford should have been booked for diving...no arguement,but he was going on and on about it until I asked him did he think in the same cicumstances Aguero/Costa/Hazard would have not done exactly the same? he declined to answer that.

Yes a video ref in the ground would have sorted this out no problem and it must come in the near future.

We were joined by a Stoke fan and the pair of us nearly fell off our seats when City got an equally ridiculous penalty.....no excusing the ref who this time had a clear view.......but a penalty,no way, and our City fan for once was in agreement.

Managed to see the Spurs Arsenal match later,great football once again at home by the spuds,apparently their best home performance for over 50 odd years,but will it get rewarded with any silverware......doubfull:sad: as I see United going there in a fortnight and spoiling the party :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

It,s only a game after all :thumbsup:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sparkles said:

2 points tosssed away by Rooneys stupid,unecessary aerial tackle on Ayew right on the spot that Sigurdsson would choose  himself.

Absolutely Sparkles but we didn,t deserve the point we got..........I told the GF "watch this they will score here" great free kick and they deserved more :thumbsup:

30 minutes ago, petermik said:

Absolutely Sparkles but we didn,t deserve the point we got..........I told the GF "watch this they will score here" great free kick and they deserved more :thumbsup:

Spot on there Peter.

Rooney was a sublime footballer in his prime but time for him to stretch his legs in the States or China I think.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Spot on there Peter.

Rooney was a sublime footballert in his prime but time for him to stretch his legs in the States or China I think.

He's only 31. I think he has 5 good years left in the Prem; probably at Everton and playing a bit deeper.

2 hours ago, petermik said:

Absolutely Bob,dire performance from United Swansea deserved more than they got,the ref could not see the incident (we have the luxury of different camera angles of course) so consults with the linesman who is 70 yards away and couldn,t see also in those circumstances the benefit of the doubt should be given to the defending side,but no,he awards the pen...strange.

Not wishing to take anything away from Swanseas performance but we looked tired,two days recovery after playing the derby and 9 matches in April with the injuries we have been carrying have taken there toll,Baily and Shaw going off injured makes thursdays Europa league match another big ask....we shall see,the doors open for the scousers now to take advantage....can they do it Bob :whistling:

I watched United in our apartment going out afterwards to the bar and I found a nice position between two tv,s watchingboth  City and Chelsea,nearby was a City fan (known him a while ex bar owner here) and of course got some stick (all part of the banter) especially about the pen,Rashford should have been booked for diving...no arguement,but he was going on and on about it until I asked him did he think in the same cicumstances Aguero/Costa/Hazard would have not done exactly the same? he declined to answer that.

Yes a video ref in the ground would have sorted this out no problem and it must come in the near future.

We were joined by a Stoke fan and the pair of us nearly fell off our seats when City got an equally ridiculous penalty.....no excusing the ref who this time had a clear view.......but a penalty,no way, and our City fan for once was in agreement.

Managed to see the Spurs Arsenal match later,great football once again at home by the spuds,apparently their best home performance for over 50 odd years,but will it get rewarded with any silverware......doubfull:sad: as I see United going there in a fortnight and spoiling the party :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

It,s only a game after all :thumbsup:

That sounded like my weekends in Thailand, i do miss a good Thai pub and footy.

Yeah I was going to mention the same, City's penalty was soft and likewise Harry Kane's and the ref was in a good position to see it. I'm all for a video Ref, at least trailing it.

Liverpool again having the ball in their court will more than likely got to Waterford and typically balls it up :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

That sounded like my weekends in Thailand, i do miss a good Thai pub and footy.

Yeah I was going to mention the same, City's penalty was soft and likewise Harry Kane's and the ref was in a good position to see it. I'm all for a video Ref, at least trailing it.

Liverpool again having the ball in their court will more than likely got to Waterford and typically balls it up :thumbsup:

Strange that Bobby, not one commentator, co commentator, pundit on Bein, Sky, BBC1 said it wasn't a pen, you sure you was watching the same game as then ?

36 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Strange that Bobby, not one commentator, co commentator, pundit on Bein, Sky, BBC1 said it wasn't a pen, you sure you was watching the same game as then ?

Contrary to what Right <deleted> 702 might say, i don't listen to punditry as they all talk mince. 

Kane did exactly the same as Rashford with his trailing leg, only less exaggerated and there was contact. Still a soft penalty and Kane dived. 

Well it's a big game on Thursday for us, our season hinges on winning the Europa league now, we just need players back as our injury list is pretty shocking and now Bailly and Shaw out.

We are well capable of getting a good result in Celta and do the business at old Trafford and by the final hopeful we will have players back fit.

What's your score prediction's lads?.

Me 1-1 away and 2-1 at home.

Edited by nev

26 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

How you can even deny that is dive is beyond me.

You've already said there was contact  

only less exaggerated and there was contact.

So whether he dives or not is irrelevant !