Movers & Shakers Network | Friday June 29Th 2012

movers_shakers_june_2012.jpg

Date: Friday JUNE 29th, 2012

Venue: ANANTARA RIVERSIDE RESORT AND SPA | ( TRADER VIC'S )

Time: 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM!

Invited: All business professionals!

MOVERS & SHAKERS CORPORATE CHARITY NETWORK EVENT

"East meets West":

ESB professionals meet & greet their Bangkok colleagues vise versa!

Venue-Sponsor:

ANANTARA RIVERSIDE RESORT AND SPA

TROPICAL SERENITY IN AN URBAN OASIS

Set on the banks of the grand Chao Phraya River, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa is a thriving oasis offering a unique way to experience the City of Angels. Majestic palms swaying in the breeze.

www.bangkok-riverside.anantara.com/

Network-Sponsors:

THE TULIP GROUP

World class property developer of Condominiums, Hotels & Resorts in Bangkok & Pattaya.

www.tulipgroup.co.th

ADMISSION

THB 400 for ALL Ladies and VIP Voucher-Members (Use your voucher and pay only THB 400!)

THB 750 for Everyone Else

VIP-MEMBERSHIP

VIP-Member Vouchers available at the Ticket Desk.

Each Booklet has 12 VIP-Member Vouchers which you can use as you need or share with friends.

1 BOOKLET = 2000 THB

SPECIAL OFFER VIP-Member Booklets

BUY 3 GET 1 FREE!

DRESS TO IMPRESS

Casual elegant or business attire is most appreciated.

TRANSPORT

Easy access by BTS Skytrain at Sapan Taksin, then continue by Anantara Riverside shuttle boat which will operate every 10 minutes.

Or by road crossing the Rama 3 bridge.

MAP: http://bangkok-riverside.anantara.com/resort-map.aspx

NETWORK PROGRAM

A FREE flow of beer & wine plus a mouthwatering range of delicious finger-snack food are ALL included!

Available while stocks last!

This is what Movers & Shakers is about:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/feature/people/291570/making-the-right-moves

NETWORK sponsors:

www.tulipgroup.co.th

www.moversshakerscharity.com

AMAZING CORPORATE NETWORK EVENTS THAT WORK!

BANGKOK CHARITY BENIFICIARRIES

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give!

The charity beneficiaries of the M&S Bangkok events are:

Education fund for the underprivileged &

Sister Joan Evans (PBVM) | For her projects in the slum area of Klong Toei

Movers & Shakers has no hands-on involvement in charity donations.

We donate money to projects where every Baht is well-spent.

WAIVER

All terms and conditions are subject to changes and/or review without limitation without prior notice.

Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort and Spa

257/1-3 Charoennakorn Road

Thonburi, Bangkok.

Tel: +66 (0) 2476 0022

For map and directions : www.bangkok-riverside.anantara.com/location.aspx

http://bangkok-riverside.anantara.com/resort-map.aspx

• Like 1

We expect this network-function at Anantara Riverside to become a real 'interesting niche' with a great turnout of "Eastern Seaboard Guests" as the event will take place on a FRIDAY (29th June) and starts from 06:30 pm until 09:30 pm which is a generous 3 (!) hours of quality networking at one of the prettiest riverside hotel resorts in BANGKOK. Of course; sponsored by the TULIP GROUP!!!

• 2 weeks later...

This movers and shakers meeting lost all credibity when I read "THB 400 for ALL Ladies" and "THB 750 for Everyone Else".

What kind of professionals meeting have discount for ladies? Sounds more like a place to hook up than to network with other professionals.

Very unprofessional in my opinion.

This not the same Movers n Shakers party at the O2 hip at 4pm on same date??

It is not the same event. Movers & Shakers corporate networking events are organized on regular bases on the Eastern Seaboard and Bangkok.

The O2 hip party just used the expression "Mover'n'shaker" as its a common expression in the property-scene.

I hope this gives and answer to your question.

This movers and shakers meeting lost all credibity when I read "THB 400 for ALL Ladies" and "THB 750 for Everyone Else".

What kind of professionals meeting have discount for ladies? Sounds more like a place to hook up than to network with other professionals.

Very unprofessional in my opinion.

We have heard similar comments before...

Please allow me to try and explain why this typical door-policy helped us to make the events successful over the years.

And, believe me, it has nothing to do with hook-up events.

The fact of the matter is that men average a higher net-income than most women professionals do; even when their position is very similar.

Therefore we decided to lower the admission-fee for women to enhance their 'presence' on these corporate network functions.

The result of doing so has helped us to grow popularity of these events that started in end 2009 on the Eastern Seaboard.

It also enabled us to raise over 4 Million Baht for charity donations...

It sounds a bit weird, but having women attending corporate network functions; makes them simply more 'attractive' for all of those joining.

The admission fees are actually a prominent 'part' of the charity donations we are able to make as Movers & Shakers is a not-for-profit initiative.

Attending an approx 3 hours gathering at fine 5-star venues with a free flow of food and drinks ain't a bad deal even @ THB 750 entrance fee which is in fact a charity donation.

I hope that explains a little.

Perhaps you could consider to attend one of our events when you are convenient.

If you are a regular "corporate networker"; you will immediately notice the difference....

I still don't see the logic on the dual pricing. If the prices for ladies were lowered to 'enhance' their presence encourage them to come along, just make the same lower rate available for ALL those that want to attend regardless of gender. All it seems to have done is make more men attend. The net result may very well appear to be a larger charity contribution but using the ladies as 'bait' isn't very nice. Flat rate for all and that will ensure that the males are coming for the appropriate reasons and not just looking to hook up, ie. a more altruistic male.... if such a creature exists in the LOS 'property scene'.

I still don't see the logic on the dual pricing. If the prices for ladies were lowered to 'enhance' their presence encourage them to come along, just make the same lower rate available for ALL those that want to attend regardless of gender. All it seems to have done is make more men attend. The net result may very well appear to be a larger charity contribution but using the ladies as 'bait' isn't very nice. Flat rate for all and that will ensure that the males are coming for the appropriate reasons and not just looking to hook up, ie. a more altruistic male.... if such a creature exists in the LOS 'property scene'.

We don't use the female guests as 'bait' of course. As earlier stated: Women often earn less even although they have a similar job.

With a slightly lowered entrance fee they are indeed encouraged to come along.

We also have a voucher-book that allow a discounted entrance fee. These can be used as you go; are not personalized (so you can share) and have no expiry date.

M&S is not a 'property-scene'; the events are attended by guests from many different professional backgrounds. Including altruistic males out of the 'property-scene'.

I hope that explains.

Men pay almost double? Pathetic.

Ladies do the shaking and men make their moves. Hey, if I had to shake for the men, I'd wanna get in free! biggrin.png

That's right! clap2.gif

Nobody is asked to do anything. Everyone is free to participate.

Whether you might think THB 750 is too expensive -or- unfair to males; You are welcome to join any other corporate network event if this should have your preference.